British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

Warren 2 is beginning to resemble the multiposter.... :mad:

what does this mean?

This could be a publicity stunt as would of thought if declared fit Panthers would go for Bjerre mainly coz of Rick having a great relationship with him.

Just hoping all gets resolved ASAP as at the moment our club is getting heavily criticised

Only in the printed edition at the moment.

Quality PR - who bothers with the ET these days, or pre online and once a day come to that?

Would of thought that if the announcement was made it would of been on the official web site

That's where fans are advised to look!

Edited by Crump99

Agreed mate with SGP to distract him.... ;)

love Hans but on the wayne! :o:D

I think this is quite interesting it seems so obvious to all but if the article is 100% legit from the ET then Bjerre still not confirmed... Maybe we are in for a surprise. I said earlier a publicity stunt but the who knows.. He wants to be at Peterborough, he is declared fit so why the hold up?

I think this is quite interesting it seems so obvious to all but if the article is 100% legit from the ET then Bjerre still not confirmed... Maybe we are in for a surprise. I said earlier a publicity stunt but the who knows.. He wants to be at Peterborough, he is declared fit so why the hold up?

I think Frost has been on the phone too Bjerre to get an article out to the GP website & manufacture a curve ball to make it look all legitimate that all Peterborough assets are in consideration for the No'1 job

Until you hear different they are and they've already said as such.

The riders don't seem to think so - did you read the separate Hans and Batch interviews? By keeping riders hanging on, they are prevented from going elsewhere. How would you like it if a previous employer stopped you from earning a living?

• Like 1

The riders don't seem to think so - did you read the separate Hans and Batch interviews? By keeping riders hanging on, they are prevented from going elsewhere. How would you like it if a previous employer stopped you from earning a living?

You probably need to speak to someone closer to home about not believing everything that you read. There are always two sides and more going on in the background than the scraps you're fed from wherevever. I wouldn't have let Swindon use Andersen and Batchelor last season anyway so wouldn't have got myself into this particular situation. I agree that the whole situation could be handled better on the face of it but this is speedway which doesn't do logic after all. As for stopping them earning a living, it's more a case of riders wanting to call the shots? From the Andersen interview: “I was approached by Coventry and they had permission to talk to me" - doesn't look like we're stopping him earning a living and I believe that Iversen had the same opportunity. I seem to recall Andersen saying at one point that Coventry was the only club he wanted to ride for anyway. And from a 2010 sgp article we can see that this situation is nothing new "Hans has confirmed he wants regular rides in Britain for 2010. Danish racer Hans Andersen is certain he will start the season in the British Elite League next year, but remains uncertain as to his destination. He is keen to spend a full season in Britain next term. His parent club Peterborough have first call on Andersen’s services, while the likes of Poole and Coventry could also be keen." - same old speedway politics!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Has some of this got to do with the sudden appearing of the 2 from top 20 rule, which wasn't discussed at the pre AGM, and ruined Peterboroughs team plans?

No doubt. The AGM creates more problem than it solves and "It was very much a neutral Conference this year." made me laugh. Generally that may be true to some extent but ignores the non neutral aspects!

Hans and Troy not happy :-

http://www.swindonad...ers__treatment/

Another day another story. Isn't Andy Warren the reporter who Batch said put words in his mouth? I hope that he actually spoke to Patchett or it could get very messy!

Edited by Crump99

You probably need to speak to someone closer to home about not believing everything that you read. There are always two sides and more going on in the background than the scraps you're fed from wherevever. I wouldn't have let Swindon use Andersen and Batchelor last season anyway so wouldn't have got myself into this particular situation. I agree that the whole situation could be handled better on the face of it but this is speedway which doesn't do logic after all. As for stopping them earning a living, it's more a case of riders wanting to call the shots? From the Andersen interview: “I was approached by Coventry and they had permission to talk to me" - doesn't look like we're stopping him earning a living and I believe that Iversen had the same opportunity. I seem to recall Andersen saying at one point that Coventry was the only club he wanted to ride for anyway. And from a 2010 sgp article we can see that this situation is nothing new "Hans has confirmed he wants regular rides in Britain for 2010. Danish racer Hans Andersen is certain he will start the season in the British Elite League next year, but remains uncertain as to his destination. He is keen to spend a full season in Britain next term. His parent club Peterborough have first call on Andersen’s services, while the likes of Poole and Coventry could also be keen." - same old speedway politics!

He says that about every club that's paying him now its Swindon which is the best thing since sliced bread the blokes so fickle.