British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

With regards the law - I suggest that if any rider wants to take the legal route then they will have more than a very strong chance of winning because you cannot stop someone from earning a living - no matter what the speedway asset system says! :rolleyes:

Who's stopping them earning a living? There are 9 other teams in the EL, surely they could get fixed up somewhere. Iversen has said Lynn or nowhere, how would that stand up in court?

Who's stopping them earning a living? There are 9 other teams in the EL, surely they could get fixed up somewhere. Iversen has said Lynn or nowhere, how would that stand up in court?

Restraint of trade law.

Iversen & King's Lynn have made it clear there is a job available & Peterborough are refusing to allow that to happen.

• Like 2

I don't blame Mr Frost at all, he is simply putting the interests of his club first, as Buster did by taking the opportunity to go EL in 2011. The asset system isn't great but until a rider goes to court like the Belgian footballer did then its here to stay.

I don't blame Mr Frost at all, he is simply putting the interests of his club first, as Buster did by taking the opportunity to go EL in 2011. The asset system isn't great but until a rider goes to court like the Belgian footballer did then its here to stay.

I don't believe it needs that to happen. Surely the BSPA can modify the rules, without going to court, and bring it in line with the modern day sport requirements and legislations. Lets the rules of the asset system be for the benefit to the sport and not there solely, for wealthy club owners to control.

Theres nothing worse then burying your head in the sand. hoping problems will go away, usually, they manufestor 10 times more.

well its about time they made up their mind and got on with it,its not fair on the riders to keep them waiting like this,Frost may think its funny but i am not sure the riders concerned are finding it amusing.

It is fairly obvious to me that Bjerre is the favoured number 1. However he will have to prove his fitness. Rick Frost would be stupid to announce Bjerre and let Hans, Batch etc. to sign for other clubs and then find Bjerre is not fit to start the season. Imagine what us Panthers would say if we were left with no number 1.

Its not even Xmas yet!! Christ.

Andersen has waited until April before knowing his destination before!

Theres still plenty if time yet christ calm down

But not, if while waiting for a decision, all the other clubs sign up other top riders. Unlikely but possible.

• Like 2

Restraint of trade law.

Iversen & King's Lynn have made it clear there is a job available & Peterborough are refusing to allow that to happen.

It all seems so easy with this law and that law available to solve the situation, makes you wonder why we're having this discussion?

But what top riders thats the whole point!!

We all know come March NKI will be at KL, Hans and Troy at Swindon and Bjerre at Peterborough. No idea what the fuss is about!

Linback, A J, N Pedersen to name just three, there are more any of which may decide to want to ride in the uk. I did qualify my post with unlikely but possible.

As much as it's got to do with a Peterborough fan! None of us have any say in it!

That's Rubbish - he was stating an opinion saying that Peterborough should sign Hans now!!

I'm saying why? As a Poole Fan on a Panthers fan thread who care what he thinks?

Most Panthers fans are more than happy to trust Rick Frost to build the team and as and when he wants. Especially in light of the fact that the Fisher loan deals looks to have been pulled.....

It all seems so easy with this law and that law available to solve the situation, makes you wonder why we're having this discussion?

You're absolutely right, we shouldn't be discussing it at all. The asset system is talked about year in year out and everyone pretty much agrees it's an out dated system. Denmark, Sweden & Poland don't use an asset system and they work all ok.

Imagine all that money saved by clubs not paying loan fees, it would be an immense positive for British speedway.

The only issue is if the asset system was to be scrapped what happen to all the promoters / clubs money that have spent out on assets.

The best way imo is to continue with existing riders as assets but any new riders say from 2014 season should be allowed to move around freely, that way the number of assets will diminish over a period of time.

The other option would be all riders that have had their purchase prices covered by loan fees can be released from their registrations

• Like 3

That's Rubbish - he was stating an opinion saying that Peterborough should sign Hans now!!

I'm saying why? As a Poole Fan on a Panthers fan thread who care what he thinks?

Most Panthers fans are more than happy to trust Rick Frost to build the team and as and when he wants. Especially in light of the fact that the Fisher loan deals looks to have been pulled.....

It is only my opinion,am i not allowed to post an opinion about another team now? All i said was if they were worried about Bjerre why not just sign Hans,alot more reliable anyway especially in the play offs.