British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

If P'boro did / do have the choice of Bjerre, Puk or Hans then its surely got to be Bjerre every time, as he has by far the best chance of increasing his average of the three IMO.

I think that your opinion is correct in that respect.

Edited by Crump99

I'd like to see a rider take the BSPA to task on this - because it is effectively preventing riders from earning a living. This is against EU law and could finally put an end to the asset system! Wonder if a rider feels brave enough?

Show me a law, EU or otherwise, that says a bloke already employed in a well-paid job in two or three other countries is entitled to a job over here.

I'd suggest the reason this hasn't been challenged is because the riders concerned have little chance of success having agreed to become assets of their parent clubs with everything that entails - whatever that includes.

The point being that the Panthers paid a transfer fee for him so why shouldn't Lynn? I also believe he would have been in the Panthers plans this year (a lot more reliable and consistant than Bjerre) had he not already agreed terms with another club without the Panthers permission, so who could that be?

I think you'll find that Lynn had offerred the loan fee for him this year, with the view to purchase him next year. They didn't want him for nothing.

Panthers are on a win - win situation. The exact fee Panthers paid for Niels is unknown, but it is thought, that has been recovered many times over...

Show me a law, EU or otherwise, that says a bloke already employed in a well-paid job in two or three other countries is entitled to a job over here.

I'd suggest the reason this hasn't been challenged is because the riders concerned have little chance of success having agreed to become assets of their parent clubs with everything that entails - whatever that includes.

There isn't a law which restricts the number of part time jobs someone can have - even if they are in several EU member states. Which means that by not allowing a rider to sign for another team when you have no intention of using all of them IS against the law!

• Like 2

Oh the irony of a Poole fan saying that. :o

Wondered how long it would take :-) perhaps Boro should go to tribunal as Swindon did last year.

There isn't a law which restricts the number of part time jobs someone can have - even if they are in several EU member states. Which means that by not allowing a rider to sign for another team when you have no intention of using all of them IS against the law!

All Rick Frost is doing at the moment is refusing permission for teams to talk to his assets until his team is sorted, nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

All Rick Frost is doing at the moment is refusing permission for teams to talk to his assets until his team is sorted, nothing wrong with that.

No I don't suppose there is. ........ But when will it become a problem.

You say he doing 'nothing wrong', but lets say we move forward, the time is late February and Rick Frost is still refusing permission to talk to his riders, Would you still be saying he's doing.nothing wrong.

The problem with any system is when rules allow that system to be used for something it was not intended to be. There should be guidlines in place to say Clubs have to announce the asset they well be using by a certain date, and the rest are free to move too wherever.

Like I say the system badly needs overhauling.....

• Like 1

No I don't suppose there is. ........ But when will it become a problem.

You say he doing 'nothing wrong', but lets say we move forward, the time is late February and Rick Frost is still refusing permission to talk to his riders, Would you still be saying he's doing.nothing wrong.

The problem with any system is when rules allow that system to be used for something it was not intended to be. There should be guidlines in place to say Clubs have to announce the asset they well be using by a certain date, and the rest are free to move too wherever.

Like I say the system badly needs overhauling.....

Quite agree, unless there are extenuating circumstances (such as waiting on a riders injury)there should be a time frame, however I think this particular dispute has arisen due to other circumstances and Frost has just had enough of other promoters getting in on his assets before he's had a chance to put a deal on the table (and yes Poole were just as guilty last year).

You obviously know the regulation you're talking about. For the benefit of those that don't maybe you'd be kind enough to quote it because I've found nothing suggesting that what Peterborough are doing to be against any rule - legal or within the sport.

Can you prove they have no intention of using them ? if not then i doubt your have much of a case .Not a fan of what Frost is doing but he quite within his rights .

It has nothing to do with that at all. If Bjerre has signed for his Polish team I don't see why it should be allowed for Peterborough to "drag their heels" over making the others available when they clearly can't use them!

If they're so keen to use their assets, why are they signing riders on loan from other clubs?

If they're so keen to use their assets, why are they signing riders on loan from other clubs?

Averages and rules I'd imagine or we'd have used our assets and you and others would probably be looking for scraps!

Edited by Crump99

Can you prove they have no intention of using them ? if not then i doubt your have much of a case .Not a fan of what Frost is doing but he quite within his rights .

Yes - because the rules suggest that they can only sign 2 in the top 20 and they already have 1 so why are 4 others being held in limbo for 1 team spot! :rolleyes:

With regards the law - I suggest that if any rider wants to take the legal route then they will have more than a very strong chance of winning because you cannot stop someone from earning a living - no matter what the speedway asset system says! :rolleyes:

• Like 2