Panthers 2013 Thread

Bjerre

Koscuich

Larsen

Fisher

Sundstrom

Hougaard

Lawson

is 42.50 so I guess BArker wanting Brum & Fisher recalled by the Bees has messed up Boro & the Bees!!!!!

As for Belle Vue, who the hell is left for them to sign??? No one from this year over 7 other than Ulamek!

Looks like Ulamek then and of course Gjedde.

Bjerre

Koscuich

Larsen

Fisher

Sundstrom

Hougaard

Lawson

is 42.50 so I guess BArker wanting Brum & Fisher recalled by the Bees has messed up Boro & the Bees!!!!!

As for Belle Vue, who the hell is left for them to sign??? No one from this year over 7 other than Ulamek!

Sullivan!

Published on Monday 17 December 2012 08:00

Peterborough Panthers believe they have made the ideal signing by drafting in Danish ace Kenni Larsen.

The city club confirmed the capture of the highly-rated 24 year-old this morning (December 17) when he became the second member of their 2013 team.

Larsen has performed consistently for Coventry in the last two Elite League seasons when amassing a 6.57 average and joins Panthers on loan from Premier League outfit Newcastle, who are his parent club.

And Panthers bosses believe Larsen perfectly fits the bill to be a successful rider both at the East of England Showground and on the road.

Team manager Jan Staechmann said: “Kenni is exactly the kind of rider we like to have in our team.

“He is dedicated, professional, hard-working, and he is a good team man.

“I know Kenni from working with him whilst in my job with the Danish Motor Union and I have nothing but praise for the lad.

“He has come on an awful lot and made very sensible decisions during his career.

“He started out in the Premier League, where he became the league’s top rider, before moving into the Elite League with Coventry, where he has improved every year.

“Last season he managed to be a consistent all-round performer and I feel he has bags of potential. Moving to a big fast track like the East of England Showground can help his development as a rider.

“I feel he will fit in well with the team. He has good mechanical knowledge, takes pride in his equipment, is a good team-mate, good company and is not afraid to ask advice and then act upon it.”

Larsen joins Swedish star Linus Sundstrom in the Panthers ranks for next year.

The rest of their team is still under wraps although Kenneth Bjerre is hotly tipped to return as number one providing he can prove his fitness after seeing his 2012 campaign cut short by a badly broken leg.

The arrival of Larsen probably rules out a return for World Under 21 champion Michael Jepsen Jensen who is on a similar average to his fellow Dane.

Panthers are unlikely to be able to accomodate both riders in the middle order of their side due to the restrictions imposed by a 42.50 points limit for team building

www.Peterboroughtoday.co.uk

Can't understand this apparent obsession with loan riders. Why do Clubs seem so reluctant to use their own assets?

I believe, Peterborough's actions, has highlighted everything that is wrong with the asset system. a system that badly needs overhauling.

Probably the BSPA should take it onboard and issue stricker guidelines to Riders, Clubs and Supporters.

At the momment, no-body seems to know or care what can or can't be done.

It is wrong that some clubs have so many riders on their books, it is wrong club are allow to retain so many riders for an undisclosed period of time. I've advicated before that assets should be replaced by contracts for a distined period of time.

Every year there are issues with this system, and every one of these, could be sorted out with just a bit of 'Common- Sense'

Why do we have to make this sport of ours so bloody complicated....

• Like 1

I take it you don't like the 'asset' system then GRW123?!

I have nothing against an asset system that is controlled and beneficial to the sport. This one is neither.

It is so wrong that parent clubs can be so dictorial over riders and who they ride for.

This policy is against the whole principal of an asset system. This should be about looking after your riders, not imprison them against their wishes..

Aahh, but I wonder if you would be quite so anti if KL had some decent assets of their own?!

All Peterborough seem to be doing is waiting until Bjerre can be confirmed as being fit, before allowing other clubs to speak to their assets. KL have just jumped the gun. :wink:

Edited by Skidder

I'd like to see a rider take the BSPA to task on this - because it is effectively preventing riders from earning a living. This is against EU law and could finally put an end to the asset system! Wonder if a rider feels brave enough?

Says the guy whose 2 big hitters are Boro assets :wink:

Edited by Pirate Nick
  • Like 1

Aahh, but I wonder if you would be quite so anti if KL had some decent assets of their own?!

All Peterborough seem to be doing is waiting until Bjerre can be confirmed as being fit, before allowing other clubs to speak to their assets. KL have just jumped the gun. :wink:

Unlike a lot of posters on here, I support the sport first, and the club second, any opinion i give, i do so from that belief. I can see why you think the comment you make, But I assure you, I would speak the same way if it was the Stars holding all the asset cards.

Our present Asset System is way out of date. I believe the rules are still the same as it was, when British League was the premier place to ride, and everyrider wanted to be connected with a Club. How things have changed. Now we only have a sprinkling of quality riders, and we even have clubs trying to force them away.

Niels hasn't rode for the Panthers for 2 years, He doesn't want to ride for the Panthers, He's made his intentions known. Surely a system is wrong if it going to force riders out of our league.. Peterborough has highlighted this issue with a buggerment approach to the situation. They know Niels, don't want to ride for them and for that reason, the Panthers want to sell him on. But rather then going to the BPSA MC. surely, it would have been better to have sat round the table and sort it out amicably like adults, instead of all this arsing about. saying 'he spoke to them first' 'You should have said this' so pathetic......

All the problems are of our own making... It's time everyone acted like adults ......... not kids...

Unlike a lot of posters on here, I support the sport first, and the club second, any opinion i give, i do so from that belief. I can see why you think the comment you make, But I assure you, I would speak the same way if it was the Stars holding all the asset cards.

Our present Asset System is way out of date. I believe the rules are still the same as it was, when British League was the premier place to ride, and everyrider wanted to be connected with a Club. How things have changed. Now we only have a sprinkling of quality riders, and we even have clubs trying to force them away.

Niels hasn't rode for the Panthers for 2 years, He doesn't want to ride for the Panthers, He's made his intentions known. Surely a system is wrong if it going to force riders out of our league.. Peterborough has highlighted this issue with a buggerment approach to the situation. They know Niels, don't want to ride for them and for that reason, the Panthers want to sell him on. But rather then going to the BPSA MC. surely, it would have been better to have sat round the table and sort it out amicably like adults, instead of all this arsing about. saying 'he spoke to them first' 'You should have said this' so pathetic......

All the problems are of our own making... It's time everyone acted like adults ......... not kids...

The point being that the Panthers paid a transfer fee for him so why shouldn't Lynn? I also believe he would have been in the Panthers plans this year (a lot more reliable and consistant than Bjerre) had he not already agreed terms with another club without the Panthers permission, so who could that be?

Especially when the riders you want are someone elses assets.

It has nothing to do with that at all. If Bjerre has signed for his Polish team I don't see why it should be allowed for Peterborough to "drag their heels" over making the others available when they clearly can't use them!

• Like 1