British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

Peterborough are for me a prime example in the business climate we are in what is the point of owning your own assets.?Nearly christmas and they have just Sundstrome in place? and that was even before they had known about the stupid top 20 rider rule.They have more assets than most yet they are in a right pickle riders dont seem that keen too ride for them.Is that because they do not show enough faith in there riders? maybe not but can't see NKI riding for them anytime soon and why? would he.

Panthers have alot of assets so i guess you cant keep them all happy.

As for NKI he had his best season ever this year so why would he want to change anything next season and leave KL

Panthers have alot of assets so i guess you cant keep them all happy.

As for NKI he had his best season ever this year so why would he want to change anything next season and leave KL

KIngs Lynn showed faith in him,and he showed the talent that most of us new he had.Peterborough only ever see him as a heat leader now Lynn have done the spadework why should the panthers expect too click there fingers and he will come back running.?
  • Like 1

Peterborough are for me a prime example in the business climate we are in what is the point of owning your own assets.?Nearly christmas and they have just Sundstrome in place? and that was even before they had known about the stupid top 20 rider rule.They have more assets than most yet they are in a right pickle riders dont seem that keen too ride for them.Is that because they do not show enough faith in there riders? maybe not but can't see NKI riding for them anytime soon and why? would he.

Peterborough declared their 1-7 early last year and were largely slated due to their perceived weakness.

Maybe this is why they are now keeping their cards close to their chest?

• Like 1

KIngs Lynn showed faith in him,and he showed the talent that most of us new he had.Peterborough only ever see him as a heat leader now Lynn have done the spadework why should the panthers expect too click there fingers and he will come back running.?

Just get Lynn to buy him then and its end of story

I think peterborough are being a bit silly about releasing riders that clearly dont want to ride for them, do they want riders who feel like that or are they just being difficult by not releasing them

Or maybe its called keeping your options open

Peterborough declared their 1-7 early last year and were largely slated due to their perceived weakness.

Maybe this is why they are now keeping their cards close to their chest?

Wow someone talking a bit of sence for once

GRW123, a tad confused to be honest you quoted me and then kind of rambled on... I have blamed our promotion you will see that in prev posts. I have said nothing about other teams tapping up our riders, so not sure why you quoted me then mentioned that. Also I know every club has same rules but the point I was making was about fans wanting 3 heat leaders not a Ryan fisher. Being a panthers fan not too worried about the other teams building plans. Not really understanding any of your points.

These farcial rules are the same for everyclub. and if you feel you are hard done by, then I suggest you contact your promoters.

The Panthers have more assets them most other clubs. They could have had their team sorted early. The ball was in their court.

All this moaning about their riders wanting out, is a reflection, of how they feel. So instead shouting out about other clubs doing wrong, surely it would be better for all concerned, to address the real reasons, as why so many of your asset riders want to rider elsewhere.

Nobody slags off potential employers unless they have a cast-iron, set-in-stone offer on the table for future employment and speedway riders are no different. Maybe it's more a case of 'somebody else has made me an offer I can't refuse' rather than 'I don't want to ride for you'. If so, how come these riders have such offers when no other teams have been given permission to talk to them yet? No wonder Mr Frost's dragging his heels over the issues - the rules entitle him to - and I'm darn sure the rest of us would have the same attitude in the circumstances, despite team allegiances and what we post on here.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

Just get Lynn to buy him then and its end of story

Makes no difference. Precedent was already set this season with Poole using Miedzinski.

Iversen clearly loves it at Kings Lynn and suits him. That is who he will ride for i`d imagine.

Easily pleased then? That's a good looking side at the EOES for sure, but once again very vulnerable away from home. Norbert in the main body of the side? Fisher as third heat leader? Much pressure on the returning Bjerre from a nasty injury and on Sunstrom to continue his quick rise in average and development.

That side wouldn't be top 4 in my opinion.

I agree that side will probably struggle to make the play-offs unless changes are made mid-season but I would be happy to pay my £17 to watch.

I still don't think it will be the eventual team that starts in March.

GRW123, a tad confused to be honest you quoted me and then kind of rambled on... I have blamed our promotion you will see that in prev posts. I have said nothing about other teams tapping up our riders, so not sure why you quoted me then mentioned that. Also I know every club has same rules but the point I was making was about fans wanting 3 heat leaders not a Ryan fisher. Being a panthers fan not too worried about the other teams building plans. Not really understanding any of your points.

Sorry if I quoted you, but it only in that I was agreeing with you about the farcical ‘2 out of the top rule’. The rest of my post was based on the fact the Panthers are dragging their heals in naming their side.

With these new rules in place, in puts an added emphasis on the riders not on the top list. These riders now become more important, and Promoters have to act quickly in acquiring their services. So dragging their heels, the panthers are doing nobody any favours and before you know it all the best available riders will spoken for.

Reading all that nonsense in the S.S yesterday, Julie Mahoney sounded like a school child saying “can’t play with my ball” rubbish. The fact that Niels has rode for the Stars for the last two years, of ‘cause they are going to talk, of ‘cause, there going to find out what they’re doing next year. It’s not as if Lynn went behind Peterboro’ back.

PROBABLY had the Panthers promoters had been on the ball, they would have contacted Niels last year, and would have known where he wanted to ride and sorted it, instead arsing around and accusing Lynn of underhand practises.

I have every confidence the Niels issue will be sorted out , even if the MC is involved

When, you look at the other situation regarding Andersen and Batchelor, you wonder what’s going on…... Just a pity it can’t be sorted out amicably between the clubs. This way hasn’t done anybody any favours, least of all Peterborough…

I agree with you panthers are just trying to make life difficult surely they want bjerre anyway on his average and all this messing about not releasing riders is not helping anyone,its not keeping your options open they. cant force riders to ride for them who want to go elsewhere, if neils only wants to ride for kings lynn let him go otherwise they wont even get a loan fee

• Like 1

I agree with you panthers are just trying to make life difficult surely they want bjerre anyway on his average and all this messing about not releasing riders is not helping anyone,its not keeping your options open they. cant force riders to ride for them who want to go elsewhere, if neils only wants to ride for kings lynn let him go otherwise they wont even get a loan fee

i don't agree with everything panthers do but i can understand them wanting to get rid of some assets the rules never seem to allow them to use them so might as well get rid of some

clubs without no1s get to vote on how many other clubs (who have no1s) can use them is that right ???