British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

And when they change clubs for money? Do they not agree to become the buying club's asset?

This is exactly what I'm trying to say, surely they must agree to become an asset of the buying club, so therefore it must be of some kind of benefit to them.

Without knowing exactly how these things work, it's impossible to say whether the asset system works or not and it is impossible to say whether or not there is a better system to be used.

Personally, I feel that if a rider has been on loan at a club for a couple of seasons then that club should have to sign them as an asset if they want to continue using them. That way riders who no longer want to ride for their parent club will move on and all clubs will have to build up an asset base, which will give them options when it comes to team building.

• Like 1

how'd you work that out, there's big ifs with him

Each to their own I guess, I would rather have him then some of the names I have seen mentioned. Was just hoping for a team that excites me and keep seeing our assets go elsewhere like Gomolski

Peterborough 2013 ? ?

8.18 Kenneth Bjerre

7.72 Linus Sundstrom

6.57 Kenni Larsen

6.55 Krzysztof Buczkowski

5.50 Norbert Koscuich

4.98 Patrick Hougaard

3.00 Kyle Newman

TNT I hope you only have 3 or 4 correct

Think our team will be a fairly solid and balanced one with riders who can ride other tracks as well as our own. Not sure if we'll be competing when it comes to October but I think it could be very interesting to see how things go.

Each to their own I guess, I would rather have him then some of the names I have seen mentioned. Was just hoping for a team that excites me and keep seeing our assets go elsewhere like Gomolski

TNT I hope you only have 3 or 4 correct

i like swidders but he's a gamble,i also like gomolski ' if he's riding in the under 21s and panthers ride on fridays he aint gonna be much use,panthers look certain to be without g.p riders and under 21s so all good news really

i like swidders but he's a gamble,i also like gomolski ' if he's riding in the under 21s and panthers ride on fridays he aint gonna be much use,panthers look certain to be without g.p riders and under 21s so all good news really

Gomolski has already signed for Swindon.

This asset problem will go on for years until its properly or legally contested and I seriously doubt the BSPA would allow that to happen.

Its caused problems for years and only gets worse because of the vast difference between clubs that have lots of assets and those that have bugger all, now that Poole,s basic supply has been cut off its will be interesting to see if home grown talent is brought on but I am not holding my breath.

Honest question ..how do you think the system shoud work ?

in football they seem to have a pretty good system, and generally that is a well run professional sport. The only difference is speedway is no longer run professionally, and some so called promoters are happy to live off the fat of the others.

Straight question all you Panthers fans out there in forumland...how many of you actually want Hans or Troy back?...and TR in particular perhaps an under committed rider?..just a question before certain snippy merchants vent

Personally, i dont want either of them back for reasons other than their on track ability. On track though i think Hans is on the downward spiral, and Troy rides for himself rather than the team!!

in football they seem to have a pretty good system, and generally that is a well run professional sport. The only difference is speedway is no longer run professionally, and some so called promoters are happy to live off the fat of the others.

So if had 20 assets you could stop the other 13 from riders riding for other clubs intill you needed them . Maybe they could be on the subs bench or maybe they could have a reserve side that rides in the afternoons v there counterparts ?

• Like 1

i was trying to explain to warren why ginger and swidders were probaly overlooked

Hi to you both we were just talking about how our assets where been taken up by other teams, we know we now cannot use them

See that now, sorry to both of you.

if it meant no sundstrom or bjerre i wouldn't want them back

I would agree as from what you read neither really want to be back at Peterborough, yet Bjerre retweets everytime someone suggests he should be back. Without GP distraction he could really do some damage this season in the red and black...

In all honesty it's not an easy one to answer, when Rick purchased the club most of the assets were clearly part of the price, he has since bought Sundstrom so has invested heavily.

I personally think the asset system is well past it's sell by date and legally how can someone be a club asset when no current contract exists between rider and club (as in football).

In all honesty it's not an easy one to answer, when Rick purchased the club most of the assets were clearly part of the price, he has since bought Sundstrom so has invested heavily.

I personally think the asset system is well past it's sell by date and legally how can someone be a club asset when no current contract exists between rider and club (as in football).

Yep it's tricky the truth is that there is no easy answer .