British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

That's exactly what I thought I think they don't intend to use Niels at all they are just making things very difficult for KL.

If Lynn want NKI they should put up or shut up why dont they pay up half the transfer fee that Panthers want for Iversen as a loan fee then pay the rest over the season that way the Panthers get an insurance that they will go through with the deal or Lynn could update there main stand at a later date it seems there more interested in extending the stand than buying a number 1 right now.

If Lynn want NKI they should put up or shut up why dont they pay up half the transfer fee that Panthers want for Iversen as a loan fee then pay the rest over the season that way the Panthers get an insurance that they will go through with the deal or Lynn could update there main stand at a later date it seems there more interested in extending the stand than buying a number 1 right now.

Why ? Boro don't want puk in there side and KL do .not sure what all the fuss is all about .Not sure why Kl should have to buy him .

Agreed, if they dont pay, oh well, Ill live without seeing Niels in the UK next season.

If Peterborough have no intention of using him he should be allowed to go on loan if necessary.Or surely Peterborough would be stopping him from earning a wage,which i would assume is illegal.

If Peterborough have no intention of using him he should be allowed to go on loan if necessary.Or surely Peterborough would be stopping him from earning a wage,which i would assume is illegal.

I'm sure if challenged the entire "asset system" could be proved illegal.

• Like 2

Its about time that Rick Frost wised up and make Lynn pay up and if Swindon want Hans back make them buy him also they did it to him with Batch

How can he wise up ? riders ride where they want to ride he can't force other teams to buy anyone ,

Why ? Boro don't want puk in there side and KL do .not sure what all the fuss is all about .Not sure why Kl should have to buy him .

Wasnt it NKI who said he didnt want to ride at Boro anyway, Lynn have said they cannot buy him now so why cant they do what i said and strike up a better deal think you will find that the Panthers wil let him leave but on there terms not Lynn's

How can he wise up ? riders ride where they want to ride he can't force other teams to buy anyone ,

What goes around comes around hes suffered this stance in the past so maybe its time to give it back

Wasnt it NKI who said he didnt want to ride at Boro anyway, Lynn have said they cannot buy him now so why cant they do what i said and strike up a better deal think you will find that the Panthers wil let him leave but on there terms not Lynn's

NKI will just go on loan to Kings Lynn there nothing is Frost can do about it it's ,same if Hans and Troy want to go to Swindon . Not sure where you been the last few years but riders ride where they want to and as Swindon found last year you can't force someone to pay a fee for a rider even if you wanted them in your side .

I'm sure if challenged the entire "asset system" could be proved illegal.

The whole asset idea is a joke.. If the Panthers want to own 23 asset riders then good luck to them. but don't pretend thats right. How are you going to accommodate all those riders? Is it right that the club dictates to the rider where he rides, No, Cos not...

The Chapmans would rather spend their money on bricks and mortar, and yes they are extending the main Grandstand. But don't knock it. they're making the Speedway stadium better, ( Something that is often spoken about on this forum). It seems whatever some people do, to better the situation they are alway wrong.

So , just because you rent your place, dont automatically make Buster wrong in trying to improve his venue.....

• Like 3

The whole asset idea is a joke.. If the Panthers want to own 23 asset riders then good luck to them. but don't pretend thats right. How are you going to accommodate all those riders? Is it right that the club dictates to the rider where he rides, No, Cos not...

The Chapmans would rather spend their money on bricks and mortar, and yes they are extending the main Grandstand. But don't knock it. they're making the Speedway stadium better, ( Something that is often spoken about on this forum). It seems whatever some people do, to better the situation they are alway wrong.

So , just because you rent your place, dont automatically make Buster wrong in trying to improve his venue.....

You dont accomodate them you try to sell them , the Chapmans want EL racing and yes they have put money into the stadium but for the past two seasons they have loaned riders from Peterboro and we all know that the Panthers have lost money just as some other teams have lost money but if you want to carry on in any business or hobby however you want to call it you attempt to cut your losses and if this means selling these so called assets then it has to be done or the club folds look at Glasgow they have sold Nick Morris to Swindon to help them survive so if Morris wanted to ride at Swindon and Glasgow needed the money it has to happen to keep everyone happy , if it wasnt for the asset system would Lynn of not got good money for Darcy Ward or is this different

You dont accomodate them you try to sell them , the Chapmans want EL racing and yes they have put money into the stadium but for the past two seasons they have loaned riders from Peterboro and we all know that the Panthers have lost money just as some other teams have lost money but if you want to carry on in any business or hobby however you want to call it you attempt to cut your losses and if this means selling these so called assets then it has to be done or the club folds look at Glasgow they have sold Nick Morris to Swindon to help them survive so if Morris wanted to ride at Swindon and Glasgow needed the money it has to happen to keep everyone happy , if it wasnt for the asset system would Lynn of not got good money for Darcy Ward or is this different

In principal it's the same.

But it's the whole principal of the current asset system that is wrong. Its wrong that teams can have 20, 30 riders and other clubs haven't got any. We're getting back to Chequebook speedway where the richest team wins again.

If there was a ceiling on the numbers it could be controlled.

The length of contract should be of a renewable time, not one that goes on forever.

There should be a facilty where the rider can move on when a time period had elapsed.

i'm sure if the Asset Base System was governed by common sense instead of money, it would be better for all concerned. Be it the Promoters, the Riders and the sport.. and therefore the supporter would benefit as well.

Edited by GRW123

NKI will just go on loan to Kings Lynn there nothing is Frost can do about it it's ,same if Hans and Troy want to go to Swindon . Not sure where you been the last few years but riders ride where they want to and as Swindon found last year you can't force someone to pay a fee for a rider even if you wanted them in your side .

Frost shouldn't have to do anything about it. The rules should be in place to stop underhand practices and getting success on the cheap with other teams assets. God knows speedway has enough rules you'd have thought that they'd get one right? But clearly they can't so I'm not surprised he's holding out and wanting to offload. Personally I'd offer Hans a better deal and as he rides where he wants let him return to the EoES he enjoys so much?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Seen on Panthers site ,that next season race night will be FRIDAY, its been accepted by the BSPA.

A bad choice by the BSPA ..speedway needs to be moving away from Fridays and Weekends, instead we get more clubs rideing on a night where half the riders won't be there as they have to to get other meetings in Europe .

Frost shouldn't have to do anything about it. The rules should be in place to stop underhand practices and getting success on the cheap with other teams assets. God knows speedway has enough rules you'd have thought that they'd get one right? But clearly they can't so I'm not surprised he's holding out and wanting to offload. Personally I'd offer Hans a better deal and as he rides where he wants let him return to the EoES he enjoys so much?

Nothing underhand about getting riders to ride for you that are unwanted by there parent club .As said before Boro don't want him and Kings Lynn do so have to loan him out .

I would take sides with Frost if he wanted him but he don't .

Seen on Panthers site ,that next season race night will be FRIDAY, its been accepted by the BSPA.

Mainly down to the EOES being more available on Fridays than Thursdays next year!! Presumably that means there aren't as many weekend events at the EOES in 2013?!

A bad choice by the BSPA ..speedway needs to be moving away from Fridays and Weekends, instead we get more clubs rideing on a night where half the riders won't be there as they have to to get other meetings in Europe .

Nothing underhand about getting riders to ride for you that are unwanted by there parent club .As said before Boro don't want him and Kings Lynn do so have to loan him out .

I would take sides with Frost if he wanted him but he don't .

Or it could be that they want to move towards riders who want to ride in the UK as a priority. If we lose more of the big time Chalies then so be it perhaps?

While we still have an asset system it shouldn't be anything goes as you say it is. If Frost splashes out for assets then it's ridiculous to suggest that he doesn't have a say in what happens just because they are not in his plans. Would you allow three of your top assets to go to local rivals and not so local rivals to give them a decent team? I doubt it. Rick has said that he doesn't want to stop riders earning a living so I'm sure that he'd be happy for them to earn a living at Belle Vue or Eastbourne etc.

While we still have an asset system it shouldn't be anything goes as you say it is. If Frost splashes out for assets then it's ridiculous to suggest that he doesn't have a say in what happens just because they are not in his plans. Would you allow three of your top assets to go to local rivals and not so local rivals to give them a decent team? I doubt it. Rick has said that he doesn't want to stop riders earning a living so I'm sure that he'd be happy for them to earn a living at Belle Vue or Eastbourne etc.

You might think its ridiculous but that's the law, not just in speedway but all sport . If NKI is not on the payroll he can peddle his wares wherever he wants to. Rightly or wrongly Rick can't dictate where his assets ride if they don't ride for him.
  • Like 1

You might think its ridiculous but that's the law, not just in speedway but all sport . If NKI is not on the payroll he can peddle his wares wherever he wants to. Rightly or wrongly Rick can't dictate where his assets ride if they don't ride for him.

Most things to do with the law are ridiculous so what I think doesn't really matter in that respect. Something still doesn't add up here. One assumes that a club has to have permission to speak to a rider for starters. Then the loan agreement has to be acceptable to both parties, so that's two places where it can go pear shaped for starters. Or can you now tap up anyone anytime and pay what you feel is reasonable or just not bother as orion says and also as allegedly happened with Andersen in 2009?

A couple of interesting quotes from that time:

"Hans was given permission to speak to other clubs. He agreed terms and that would normally have been the end of the matter but the other club never made contact with Peterborough to agree the terms and conditions of the loan agreement and sign the necessary paperwork. Clearly this is contrary to the rules of the BSPA "

and

"but clearly the actions are far from transparent and are in fact dishonest, contrary to the BSPA rules and indeed civil law in that they are using our club asset without our consent and without payment."