British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

If their is no Michael, I have lost all hope.

He is the one rider I have built a emotional relationship with, He is not like other riders who are their just to earn money.

He doesn't need to ride for the Panthers as he is earning tons of money over in Poland,Sweden and Denmark but he actually chooses to ride in the UK but more importantly he chose to ride for us and he rejected tons of clubs to join us and that's why I have so much respect for him.

There, Their, They're!! Never mind eh?!

Panthers in row with rivals over star rider

1278286634.jpg

Peterborough asset Niels Kristian Iversen. Picture by ALAN MILLER.

Published on Thursday 29 November 2012 12:33

Peterborough Panthers appear to be on collision course with their arch-rivals King’s Lynn Stars over leading rider Niels Kristian Iversen.

Lynn hope to sign the top Danish ace on loan from the city club for the third successive year, but claim that Panthers bosses have so far blocked the move as they are only prepared to sell Iversen on a full transfer.

City-based Iversen, who returns to the stage for the third time in his career in 2013, insists he has no interest in returning to Peterborough and will sit out the British season if prevented from riding for Lynn

Iversen told www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk this morning: “King’s Lynn is the only team I want to ride for in the Elite League.

“I’ve had two very good years there and the fact they are a Wednesday track suits my schedule very well.

“I have told Peterborough that I am not really interested in being part of their plans. If I can’t ride for Lynn, I will give England a miss next year.

“I just want the situation to get sorted.”

Iversen was bought by Panthers in the winter of 2005-06 and was part of the club’s Elite League title-winning side the following season. He also rode for Panthers in 2007, 2009 and 2010.

Lynn announced their entire team - except Iversen - at a fans’ forum last night (November 28).

Co-promoter Jonathan Chapman told his club’s official website: “We would like Niels to rejoin us after spending the last two seasons with the club but unfortunately Peterborough have refused permission for him to return.

“At the moment the club are not in a position to make Niels an asset, but maybe at the end of the season.”

“If we have to, there is plenty of room to find a new number one who can lead the team in 2013. Hopefully Peterborough will change their minds, or the BSPA management committee will intervene and he will be allowed to return to us next year.”

Panthers are yet to comment on the situation. Co-promoter Trevor Swales suggested they could respond later today (November 29).

Lynn also revealed at their fans’ event that a Good Friday double-header between them and Panthers will again feature on the 2013 fixture list

http://www.peterboro...rider-1-4538186

Edited by F P

What a load of guff! Slow news day.

Hougaard turned down Pirates due to Danish league commitments.

Can we sign him?

Surely he must of seen what Jan did with Michael, Maybe Jan can save Patrick's career?

Hougaard Racing it is then, poor soul :D

If their is no Michael, I have lost all hope.

He is the one rider I have built a emotional relationship with, He is not like other riders who are their just to earn money.

He doesn't need to ride for the Panthers as he is earning tons of money over in Poland,Sweden and Denmark but he actually chooses to ride in the UK but more importantly he chose to ride for us and he rejected tons of clubs to join us and that's why I have so much respect for him.

Then you woke up !

22 November: Peterborough Panthers co-owner Julie Mahoney has admitted the club’s team-building plans for next year have been affected by the introduction of a new ruling.

Mahoney, who represented the club along with partner and fellow owner Rick Frost at the British Speedway Promoters’ Association (BSPA) annual meeting from last Friday to Sunday, confirmed the club have been forced into a change of approach.

That is due to top-flight clubs now only being able to track two who finished in the top 20 places in the final Elite League averages last season.

Panthers are understood to have been keen to use three riders from the leading bunch but must now re-assess their options.

Mahoney told the Peterborough Telegraph: “There were a few disagreements at the annual meeting with some things going the way we’d hoped and some not, but overall we’re fairly satisfied with the outcome.

“The new rule regarding the use of only two riders who finished in the top 20 of the final 2012 green-sheet averages was unexpected.

“It has forced us to go in a different direction with our 2013 team than we’d hoped.

“However, we understand the reasons why this rule was introduced and we’re currently working hard on putting a competitive team together now that the rules for 2013 have been decided.”

Panthers have already confirmed the return of rising Swedish star Linus Sundstrom for a third successive season on a 7.87 average.

That means they can now hire only one more top with club assets Kenneth Bjerre, Niels Kristian Iversen and Hans Andersen all thought to be under consideration.

Andersen is also sure to be wanted by Swindon after leading the Robins to title glory last season.

Sources in the Midlands have suggested that leading British rider Chris Harris of Coventry was a Panthers target until the new ruling was introduced at the annual meeting.

Edited by TesarRacing

"If their is no Michael, I have lost all hope" - BUT HE/SHE/IT IS NOW GOING TO FOCUS ON SUPPORTING TOTTENHAM. A TRUE JJR CLASSIC...........QUOTE OF THE YEAR!!!!! :) :) :)

"He is the one rider I have built a emotional relationship with" - BUTUNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU, IT WASN'T MUTUAL, AND HAS APPARENTLY LED TO YOU BEING GIVEN A HARRASSMENT RESTRAINING ORDER

"He is not like other riders who are their just to earn money". QUITE RIGHT ON THAT ONE. HE WAS ALSO AFTER A FREE VAN AS WELL.

"He doesn't need to ride for the Panthers as he is earning tons of money over in Poland,Sweden and Denmark but he actually chooses to ride in the UK". WHEN HE ISN'T PULLING SICKIES TWO WEEKS BEFORE A MEETING YOU MEAN?

"but more importantly he chose to ride for us and he rejected tons of clubs to join us and that's why I have so much respect for him." REALLY RESPECT HIM? FOR FAILING TO TURN UP 25% OF THE TIME, DOESN'T IN REALITY GIVE A TOSS ABOUT PETERBOROUGH, AND IN ALL PROBABILITY CAN'T BE ASSED TO RETURN TO THE SHOWGROUND IN 2013?

You are a funny chap at times JJR.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

So Stead is a Star well my other 6 riders in orginal post add upto 36.11 so I have 6.39 to play with, so how about as a guess for full 1-7 of -

Bjerre 8.18

Fisher 6.02

Swiderski 6.23

Buczkowski 6.55

Sundstrom 7.87

Gomolski 3.90

Lawson 3.38

I don't know how much it would cost but imagine the interest we would get if Rick managed to sign Gareth Bale.

I don't know if he can ride a bike but imagine the publicity we would get.

Maybe he doesn't have to ride, He can just run around the track, He would probably beat most top level riders.

Edited by Jepsen Jensen Racing