British Speedway Forum

Panthers 2013 Thread

I have and I feel we have have been extremely unlucky on the road ranging from injuries to mechanical gremlins.

If we are looking at short period of time I agree (but the same can be said for all teams) but the key phrase was "last two seasons".

If we are looking at short period of time I agree (but the same can be said for all teams) but the key phrase was "last two seasons".

But on the other hand, If you look at our home form in the league over the last 2 years.

2011: 14-0-0

2012: 12-1-1*

I agree we need to improve on the road but I firmly believe the skill is their to win consistently on the road, The riders just need to apply themselves on the road correctly.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

But on the other hand, If you look at our home form in the league over the last 2 years.

I agree we need to improve on the road but I firmly believe the skill is their to win consistently on the road, The riders just need to apply themselves on the road correctly.

Which means what? They are either good enough or they are not. What's the point of a near perfect home record if you fail in your first objective for the season? We do have riders who can do damage at most tracks in 2013 but can they do it over 15 heats on the same night, that is the question?

Edited by Crump99

Which means what? They are either good enough or they are not. What's the point of a near perfect home record if you fail in your first objective for the season? We do have riders who can do damage at most tracks in 2013 but can they do it over 15 heats on the same night, that is the question?

Consistency is a major issue, For example last year at Poole; Norbert and Krzystof did a decent job but our trump card in Michael struggled with the Poole track.

It's about getting 7 guys riding well together which seems to be a problem.

As for the side the management have built, Can this win the league? No way but it can certainly make the play-off's and that's what we need to do before we introduce our big guns in Michael and Tomas.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Consistency is a major issue, For example last year at Poole; Norbert and Krzystof did a decent job but our trump card in Michael struggled with the Poole track.

It's about getting 7 guys riding well together which seems to be a problem.

As for the side the management have built, Can this win the league? No way but it can certainly make the play-off's and that's what we need to do before we introduce our big guns in Michael and Tomas.

MJJ may be a big gun but he often turns up with no bullets. THJ hardly ever turns up, and when he did he was more like a pea shooter.

We do have riders who can do damage at most tracks in 2013 but can they do it over 15 heats on the same night, that is the question?

Shouldn't have to wait too much longer for the answer but this years side does have the look of being a bit more competitive on the road and clearly the bookies think so as well bearing in mind the Panthers odds so far.

It's also worth noting that our title winning side of 2006 lost two matches at home but won 6 on the road so whilst home form is important it's not the be all that some promoters think.

MJJ may be a big gun but he often turns up with no bullets. THJ hardly ever turns up, and when he did he was more like a pea shooter.

The main problem with MJJ was if he turned up rather than how well he performed when he did.

That's harsh on Michael, He was exceptional in some meetings but struggled in some.

As for THJ, Harsh again as he wasn't fully fit for most of our meetings as he had terrible luck with injuries last year and his performance in the Swedish SGP showed he came back from injury way too early, His home performances were exceptional and with Poole and Swindon tipped to make the play-off's, He could prove to be a trump card for us at reserve.

That's harsh on Michael, He was exceptional in some meetings but struggled in some.

As for THJ, Harsh again as he wasn't fully fit for most of our meetings as he had terrible luck with injuries last year and his performance in the Swedish SGP showed he came back from injury way too early, His home performances were exceptional and with Poole and Swindon tipped to make the play-off's, He could prove to be a trump card for us at reserve.

THJ is overated as his low average proves, and injury prone. If he does return it will be for Poole, his parent club.

Wow, you're gorgeous ...................... wait til Stevebrum sees you :wub:

If you are referring to the sk8r thing (take 200 in the KKS aliases) thankfully i only get to see its posts when quoted by others.

No love lost.

Plus its goths not sk8r chic that works for me :t:

Darcy Ward is giving lessons apparantly!!

• Like 1

THJ is overated as his low average proves, and injury prone. If he does return it will be for Poole, his parent club.

I disagree THJ is overrated but he is unreliable and it seems it is doubtful that he will ever do a full season here.He is a very exciting rider when he is up for the challenge.

MJJ is also a very exciting young rider but it seems he is quite reluctant to put the effort in when needed.

I disagree THJ is overrated but he is unreliable and it seems it is doubtful that he will ever do a full season here.He is a very exciting rider when he is up for the challenge.

MJJ is also a very exciting young rider but it seems he is quite reluctant to put the effort in when needed.

Take your viewpoint but im glad neither are in my team this year, i am never keen on riders that only give 100% when the mood takes them. Chris Holder has proved being a team man can compliment individual success, as did many before him. Moody riders dont float my boat im afraid.
  • Like 1