British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2013

Seen the names Kling and Lanham banded about throughout the season and one of them ok but both would be a disaster, both are capable of third heat leader status and with a big No1 in situ and strenght in depth would be ok at a push as second heat leaders but both together i reckon another season of disasters beckon. Seen enough of Kling to think he wouldN't improve much on his assessed average and lanham who has recently said he is very happy at Ipswich no longer looks the real deal to me. Think we have the makings of a very useful side for next year but really do need a top No 1 to round it off

If Ollie went to Hoddeson, get Tommy back as well. Think of how much Uncle lennie would save on travelling. Everyones a winner. :lol:

The return of The Tommy Gun. Gives me a semi just thinking about it!

If Ollie went to Hoddeson, get Tommy back as well. Think of how much Uncle lennie would save on travelling. Everyones a winner. :lol:

As they are Norfolk boys they could both end up at Kings Lynn, then the Chapmans would be the ones saving the dough.

Edited by Shadders

What average would Olly Allen come in on?

Depends...

His old PL average is 9.80, but his converted EL average is 8.08.

He would be doubling up, therefore use his converted EL average of 8.08?

Allen 9.80/8.08

Mellgren 6.47

Bunyan 5.14

Nelson 5.33

Bowen 5.57/Lanham 7.68

Garrity 4.79

Nielsen 4.28

If it's 9.80 then 6.69 remaining guessing you'd have Bowen back? However if it's 8.08 then you could have someone like Lanham backing Olly up.

Potential to be a very good team imo.

Edited by speedy17

Depends...

His old PL average is 9.80, but his converted EL average is 8.08.

He would be doubling up, therefore use his converted EL average of 8.08?

Allen 9.80/8.08

Mellgren 6.47

Bunyan 5.14

Nelson 5.33

Bowen 5.57/Lanham 7.68

Garrity 4.79

Nielsen 4.28

If it's 9.80 then 6.69 remaining guessing you'd have Bowen back? However if it's 8.08 then you could have someone like Lanham backing Olly up.

Potential to be a very good team imo.

Olly Allen on a near 10 point average? No thank you!!!

Now an 8 point average makes it more interesting. Gotta lay my cards on the table and say I'm not a huge fan of his. Just doesn't excite me I'm afraid, but saying that I've not really seen that much of him to be honest.

do you believe me now that naughty Nelson was never coming back this season

Most sensible Rye fans kinda guessed he wouldn't be back. I was never convinced.

Hey Shadders, you better read todays Hoddesdon and Broxbourne Mercury )))

Len gives you a right blasting for your tweets posted to last weeks @MercSport regarding Rye House )))

Constant critic, mostly ill informed !!! grossly unfair, totally irrellavent and typical of Shadwell. Hehehe just a few words from Lens reply to Chris Charalambous :rofl:

Len states he was contractually bound to include Steve Boxall and release Jason Doyle in March 2011. He has major ambitions for the club but this year has been unprecedented with the number of serious injuries and riders deciding to retire mid-season.

He also states that ambition is shown with the aquisition of the contracts of Jason Garrity and Kasper Lykke, and mentions the enhanced performances of Anders Mellgren.

By the way, congratulations to Anders on last weeks top performance in the PLRC :t:

Hey Shadders, you better read todays Hoddesdon and Broxbourne Mercury )))

Len gives you a right blasting for your tweets posted to last weeks @MercSport regarding Rye House )))

Constant critic, mostly ill informed !!! grossly unfair, totally irrellavent and typical of Shadwell. Hehehe just a few words from Lens reply to Chris Charalambous :rofl:

Len states he was contractually bound to include Steve Boxall and release Jason Doyle in March 2011. He has major ambitions for the club but this year has been unprecedented with the number of serious injuries and riders deciding to retire mid-season.

He also states that ambition is shown with the aquisition of the contracts of Jason Garrity and Kasper Lykke, and mentions the enhanced performances of Anders Mellgren.

By the way, congratulations to Anders on last weeks top performance in the PLRC :t:

A customer gave me their copy today. Nice that he should go to all that trouble. Interesting that he states that "all kids go free". Really?

Nice way to treat one of the most loyal Rye fans, who's supported the Rockets home and away since 1985, even when Len Silver abandoned the Rockets.

He also neglected to mention the shameful way he spoke to the supporters with contempt after he'd let Doyle go last year.

My reply to the Mercury is currently on my PC waiting to be sent. Interesting to see if they print it.

• Like 1

A customer gave me their copy today. Nice that he should go to all that trouble. Interesting that he states that "all kids go free". Really?

Nice way to treat one of the most loyal Rye fans, who's supported the Rockets home and away since 1985, even when Len Silver abandoned the Rockets.

He also neglected to mention the shameful way he spoke to the supporters with contempt after he'd let Doyle go last year.

My reply to the Mercury is currently on my PC waiting to be sent. Interesting to see if they print it.

you could end up with a lifetime ban from the launch pad shads! :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

Uncle Len in his end of season speech last night said that next years team is basically sorted subject to "dotting the i's and crossing the t's" !!!

.... and it will be "one of the youngest teams he has ever assembled" !!!

So does that rule out Ollie Allen, Gjedde, Lanham, Doolan etc etc??

I would say Mellgren (6.47), Bunyan (5.14), Garrity (4.79) & Kasper (4.28) are pretty much nailed on leaving just under 22 points to play with (assuming the limit is 42.5 again).

IF (young) Nelson (5.33) is included that would give us a whopping 16 points plus to play with for the final two riders. Correction 14 points cos Len's teams are always at least 2 points under the limit!!

So which two youngsters could they be???

Edited by Fiala

After Lens statement last night about next years team being the youngest fielded etc etc and his off the record statement that there will be 4 teenagers, 1 21 year old and 2 older riders, I think that only the number one position is the real mystery for most rye supporters )))

1. Gjedde, Doolan, Masters ???

2. Tyson Nelson (19/20)

3. Anders Mellgren (21)

4. Jason Bunyan (33 ?)

5. Ricky Kling (24/25?)

6. Jason Garrity (19)

7. Kasper Lykke (18?)

Sam Masters (21/22) was the big rumour I was told last night, if so then it will not be as Len stated with the ages, but not far out.

Very interesting team, plenty of room for improvement, but only 2 fully british riders.

After Lens statement last night about next years team being the youngest fielded etc etc and his off the record statement that there will be 4 teenagers, 1 21 year old and 2 older riders, I think that only the number one position is the real mystery for most rye supporters )))

1. Gjedde, Doolan, Masters ???

2. Tyson Nelson (19/20)

3. Anders Mellgren (21)

4. Jason Bunyan (33 ?)

5. Ricky Kling (24/25?)

6. Jason Garrity (19)

7. Kasper Lykke (18?)

Sam Masters (21/22) was the big rumour I was told last night, if so then it will not be as Len stated with the ages, but not far out.

Very interesting team, plenty of room for improvement, but only 2 fully british riders.

If that side doesn't get the punters back, then nothing will. I doubt we'll see Charlie again. Ricky Kling was dropping big hints on Twitter about joining the Rockets, but you have to be careful with social media, as I've recently discovered!

It'll be strange to see a majority foreign Rye House side after years of watching an almost fully British line up.