British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2013

Wouldnt be surprised to see Edward Kennett back as number one next season.

What would a 6.85 EL average equate to in the PL?

I suppose you mean Coventry's number one.

given some of his recent "performances" he won't be 6.85 by the end of the season

Perhaps he's getting his average low enough to race in the National League next year. His confidence must be shot to pieces after his enforced time out of speedway.

Dudley will need someone to replace Adam Roynon.

• Like 1

What would a 6.85 EL average equate to in the PL?

I suppose you mean Coventry's number one.

To work out an EL>PL average, DIVIDE the EL figure by 0.6 (for PL>EL, MULTIPLY the PL figure by 0.6)

As things stand Kennett would start 2013 on a PL average of 11.42. I imagine he will start really attracting PL clubs if he can drop down on sub 9.75 (an EL average of 5.85-).

Unless Kennett does drop a point off his average between now and the end of the season, how about Oliver Allen for Rye? Surely worth 9.62 if (and I know it's a big IF) he can stay injury free?

Rye House 2013

1. Oliver Allen 9.62

2. Kasper Nielsen 5.54 (based on current average after 3 meetings)

3. Anders Mellgren 6.46

4. Ricky Kling 6.55

5. Leigh Lanham 6.79

6. Ben Morley 3.00

7. Jason Garrity 4.46 (2.5% National League British reduction?)

JT.

Edited by JT

To work out an EL>PL average, DIVIDE the EL figure by 0.6 (for PL>EL, MULTIPLY the PL figure by 0.6)

As things stand Kennett would start 2013 on a PL average of 11.42. I imagine he will start really attracting PL clubs if he can drop down on sub 9.75 (an EL average of 5.85-).

Unless Kennett does drop a point off his average between now and the end of the season, how about Oliver Allen for Rye? Surely worth 9.62 if (and I know it's a big IF) he can stay injury free?

Rye House 2013

1. Oliver Allen 9.62

2. Kasper Nielsen 5.54 (based on current average after 3 meetings)

3. Anders Mellgren 6.46

4. Ricky Kling 6.55

5. Leigh Lanham 6.79

6. Ben Morley 3.00

7. Jason Garrity 4.46 (2.5% National League British reduction?)

JT.

Wouldn't take Olly on that figure, rather keep Charlie, having recommended Kasper to us I'd expect him back. Kasper's average is 4.89 at the minute, he's raced 4 meetings now, be more than happy to take him on that figure from what I've seen so far.

• Like 1

Probably be a point or two under, can't see that side challenging for the title either. Stefan seems to perform well at Rye but I'd be dubious about going in with a reserve on a lower average than Garrity.

It is vital we keep hold of Bunyan, he picks up a lot of bonus points, he is a lot better rider than the short sighted amongst the Rye fans are making out.

The team below which I posted the other day has the strong top end and reserves you need to be a contender with scope for improvement in 4 of the riders. With two of Bunyan, Nielsen, Nelson and Garrity at reserve at all times we would be serious contenders.

1. Gjedde

2. Bunyan

3. Mellgren

4. Nelson

5. An Other (7-8ish)

6. Nielsen

7. Garrity

It is vital we keep hold of Bunyan, he picks up a lot of bonus points, he is a lot better rider than the short sighted amongst the Rye fans are making out.

Are you serious? I was rubbing my hands together when I heard we'd signed him, but he's hardly put anything on his average and to me has been disappointing.

Still a reserve after a poor season for the middle order and less than .4 on his average is enough to convince me to look elsewhere.

Please convince me otherwise

Edited by Shadders

He won't be able to convince you Shadders. Silly Ben comments again. Bunyan has been pony.

I'm wondering and hoping if Len has finally had enough after this season and will sell up? Crowds couldn't be much lower and the general atmosphere around the place must be awful. He can't even be bothered to put a seven man side out now for christ sake.

He's taken it as far as he can and the place will continue to get worse if he stays.

Not at all, Bunyan is averaging 6.08 with bonus points included. Rolling averages have kept his average low, plus the fact the BP's don't count towards his average for team building purposes. Bonus points mean he is finishing behind a team mate which is a good thing for the team obviously. He's a strong rider to have in reserve on an average which doesn't tell the whole story. I'll be disappointed if he isn't in the side next year.

Edited by RocketBen1

Bunyan picks up a few points everywhere,,But he cant gate and thats a serious problem round rye...in the main body of the team his points would be limited.....

Bunyan easily the biggest disappointment. I don't bother with rolling average rubbish i look to see what he has done this season for Rye which is very little. I assume he will be here next year as Len bought his contract. Maybe he might be ok in a successful team at reserve but his form around Rye has been awful. As far as Chris and his hatred for all that is Silver....remember the last time Len Sold up we closed pretty soon after. As far as seven man teams i agree that is easily better than r/r but who is around? The luck of injuries has been worse than i can remember for a very long time. Young Poles to put bums on seats. Never works in the PL..too expensive, unreliable and too many meetings for them too fit in. As for Ben he is simply not up to it (at the moment) look at him struggling compared to Stefan Neilsen who will surely be in the Ipswich team next year i would imagine.

[='westhamboy66' timestamp=1346674443' post='2172904]

Bunyan easily the biggest disappointment. I don't bother with rolling average rubbish i look to see what he has done this season for Rye which is very little. I assume he will be here next year as Len bought his contract. Maybe he might be ok in a successful team at reserve but his form around Rye has been awful. As far as Chris and his hatred for all that is Silver....remember the last time Len Sold up we closed pretty soon after. As far as seven man teams i agree that is easily better than r/r but who is around? The luck of injuries has been worse than i can remember for a very long time. Young Poles to put bums on seats. Never works in the PL..too expensive, unreliable and too many meetings for them too fit in. As for Ben he is simply not up to it (at the moment) look at him struggling compared to Stefan Neilsen who will surely be in the Ipswich team next year i would imagine.

Any promotor signing Jason Bunyan and expecting him to be an out and out heatleader now is livign in cloud cuckoo land. But anyone signing Bunyan to be a decent reserve with the possibility of doing a job at 2nd string then thats more realistic and I htink this is what Rye House had in mind this season!

The last time Len Silver sold up was in 1985 and although things got slowly worse under Ronnie Russell, speedway kept going at Hoddesdon until the end of 1993. Though things have got very stale at Rye House this year. Len Silver will always be remembered as one of the great promotors but his unwillingness to change things and listen to what people are saying about Rye House is slowlying strangling Rye House speedway. Maybe he needs to take a back seat while retaining ownership and letting someone fresh come in and run the show?

[='westhamboy66' timestamp=1346674443' post='2172904]

Any promotor signing Jason Bunyan and expecting him to be an out and out heatleader now is living in cloud cuckoo land. But anyone signing Bunyan to be a decent reserve with the possibility of doing a job at 2nd string then thats more realistic and I think this is what Rye House had in mind this season!

The last time Len Silver sold up was in 1985 and although things got slowly worse under Ronnie Russell, speedway kept going at Hoddesdon until the end of 1993. Though things have got very stale at Rye House this year. Len Silver will always be remembered as one of the great promotors but his unwillingness to change things and listen to what people are saying about Rye House is slowlying strangling Rye House speedway. Maybe he needs to take a back seat while retaining ownership and letting someone fresh come in and run the show?

That's the whole point though, he's put almost 2 points on his starting average, the rolling averages make that look modest. If he was being made to look good by his rolling average you'd have a point.

He's well worth having in reserve and has a few seasons in him yet, starting next year with the two Jasons at reserve would be a good start to team building.

It would be tragic if Len gave up at Rye without a succesor meaning an end to racing at Hoddesdon. I know I can contribute to attendances but the last two to three seasons has seen me attend less and less but the team building has been very unimaginative.