British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2013

Pretty sure it'll be Lambert at reserve and I reckon Kennett would jump at a chance to come back, would be a great confidence boost for him riding PL.

Massive backwards step for Eddie surely to return to Rye if he wants to push on in his career. Bad season for him in 2012, don`t make him a bad rider all of a sudden.

What average would Kennett come to the PL on?

9.50ish

Would love to see him back, but I can't see him doubling up at this stage of his career

I think Robert Lambert may be to young to be able to ride this year in the PL

Could be Simon Lambert that Ben was on about. Robert isn't eligible to race in the PL until April 2014

Edited by Shadders

Yeah I mean Simon, whilst not a first choice of many he picked up towards the end of the season and is better than any of the three pointers available IMO.

As for Kennett, it would benefit him in the same way it has Ben Barker, he'd pick up meetings and valuable earnings without as much expense as he would incur going abroad. He needs a shot in the arm and returning to Rye could be just that for him.

As for Kennett, it would benefit him in the same way it has Ben Barker, he'd pick up meetings and valuable earnings without as much expense as he would incur going abroad. He needs a shot in the arm and returning to Rye could be just that for him.

Hmmmm! not sure that's legal :rofl::D only joking!

• Like 2

seems a lot of common sense this time, which is unusual, no silly comps and a donation to the aussie scholarship.

Pleased they ditched that ridiculous Premier Challenge trophy

Is Nick Morris really the out and out number 1 that's going to score double points at every track home and away as described by Len in the Mercury?

Arguably he's also the spectacular rider that Len isn't looking for.

Oliver Allen however does fit that description, and if Twitter hints are anything to go by I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team nor would I be disappointed with his inclusion!

He dominated the Premier League a few years back with King's Lynn and I'd say his only downfall is the amount of injuries he seems to pick up.

Oliver Allen, Anders Mellgren, Tyson Nelson, Jason Bunyan, Jason Garrity, Simon Lambert and Kasper Lykke? Certainly has the potential to do well IMO.

• Like 1

Oliver Allen however does fit that description, and if Twitter hints are anything to go by I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team nor would I be disappointed with his inclusion!

He dominated the Premier League a few years back with King's Lynn and I'd say his only downfall is the amount of injuries he seems to pick up.

Oliver Allen, Anders Mellgren, Tyson Nelson, Jason Bunyan, Jason Garrity, Simon Lambert and Kasper Lykke? Certainly has the potential to do well IMO.

That's the line up sent to the BSPA for approval

Edited by Shadders

Is Nick Morris really the out and out number 1 that's going to score double points at every track home and away as described by Len in the Mercury?

Arguably he's also the spectacular rider that Len isn't looking for.

The more I think about it, I don't think you will be far off with the above team.

Gives Len a bit of wriggle room with SL in the team to replace with Luke if he is not doing so well, later in the season.

If Ollie can stay fit then he can certainly match most of the other number 1's in the PL and as Ash say's he meets the criteria set out in Lens description recently.

Taken from BSPA site, Len stated.

"Both John Sampford and myself ignored actual points averages and have put together the seven riders best able to bring potential success for the club"

In other words, Lisa or Hazel nicked the calculator and we couldn't do the addings up between us, so we chose a team that is about 10 points under the max allowed :rofl:

Edited by bolly
  • Like 1