British Speedway Forum

Glasgow For Sale

It's worrying times for a lot of clubs not just the Scottish ones, would be a great shame if either didn't run next season, always enjoy my trips up to both clubs & have met some great friends up there over the years.

I have my own fears about Workington for 2013, all doesn't seem happy in the camp & gates have been poor all year :-(

If that saves Glasgow Speedway would that be a bad thing,Peter kept Berwick going for ten years,yes there were mistakes along the way,but he brought silverware to Berwick and finished as high as second,not such a bad achievement IMO.

Perhaps only if he were to save the track from closure. He did isolate quite a few people along the way with his antics. Reading the press release perhaps a new buyer or buyers has already been in talks and this is the first stage to making it public or trying to push it along. Peter Waite did the same when he was finishing up with messages of last chance to save the club etc etc.

If that saves Glasgow Speedway would that be a bad thing,Peter kept Berwick going for ten years,yes there were mistakes along the way,but he brought silverware to Berwick and finished as high as second,not such a bad achievement IMO.

you having a laugh that mans a bigger crook than craig white is hes also living over in poland last time i herd he would rob his own granny and propably has done over the years :mad::shock:

It doesn't work like that. Once a track closes, 99% of the fans are lost to the sport. Edinburgh will suffer if their nearest-and-dearest close down, not gain from it.

All the best

Rob

That is so true. I can assure you Swindon really miss both Reading and Oxford, though a few Racers fans went to Blunsdon

regularly when Matej Zagar was starring for the Robins

Where did I mention it as a bad thing?

I have a lot of time for Peter. He's not how some folk make him out: within reason.

• Like 1

you having a laugh that mans a bigger crook than craig white is hes also living over in poland last time i herd he would rob his own granny and propably has done over the years :mad::shock:

How utterly pathectic,I take it your in the brigade that thinks Berwick Speedway has only been running under this promotion,well heres the news,it hasnt.It ran to varying degrees of success for quite a few years,Waite also introduced news riders and built up a reasonable asset base,there were a few duds along the way but mostly he brought in decent PL riders.

Read Bigeddiecheks post,I agree with that.

• Like 1

I am sure Edinburgh would still be able to function without Glasgow and vice versa but the Derby's would be a sore miss albiet i think we face each other too many times in one season which takes the novelty out off these slightly .

Some positive news on the Glasgow website though in that they have been talking with potential buyer's

Excellent any idea who it may be?

Another reason why I'll be making my Plymouth debut in September

I am sure you are wrong on this one - the problem with Plymouth is not its finances but the man in control of them. My suspicion is that when the Devils were making a huge amount of money a big chunk went into that gemtleman's pockets, now they are making less he still expects to take the same wedge.

The gate against (admittedly) Workington was around 1,200, and that's enough to keep every PL team in the country reasonably in the black.

Word is that get rid of Mr Bowden, putting a winning team out and the already decent gates will at least double and I don't think that is in the least bit over optimistic.

Alan Dick says in Speedy Star that the problem is the money they owe due tp the track improvements, not the losses they are making on a weekly basis. It surprises me that they are not losing money on the gates that I have seen there but, accepting his statement, that does make a purchase more likely.

How utterly pathectic,I take it your in the brigade that thinks Berwick Speedway has only been running under this promotion,well heres the news,it hasnt.It ran to varying degrees of success for quite a few years,Waite also introduced news riders and built up a reasonable asset base,there were a few duds along the way but mostly he brought in decent PL riders.

Read Bigeddiecheks post,I agree with that.

peter waite was a master in finding new 3pt reserves

not afraid to go looking for talanted riders

yes he could wind people up and to a point i think he enjoyed doing that but when he was interested he served berwick well

wish other clubs had a backer/owner with the same passion to improve the club instead of trying there best to run it into the ground so no one wants to take it over when they pull out

yes he could wind people up and to a point i think he enjoyed doing that but when he was interested he served berwick well

wish other clubs had a backer/owner with the same passion to improve the club instead of trying there best to run it into the ground so no one wants to take it over when they pull out

Agreed,of course this of course is only rumour,none this idea may never see the light of day.

Any luck last night?

None i even bought her a bottle of wine to get her tipsy but she fell asleep on me i just went to the pub before our session today for the fitba at ibrox got a feeling she may well be onto plums tonight kebab and snoring on the couch beckons

Excellent any idea who it may be?

No idea who but it sounds like there is more than one they are talking to will just need to wait and see what transpire's i am sure there will be positives come out off it

• Like 2

I also think Peter's passion for speedway means he will be back at some point. Many regard him as a very good team builder.

I must say this is only a rumour, but it was one that was floating around Shielfield tonight too.

No smoke without fire, as the saying goes.

I also think Peter's passion for speedway means he will be back at some point. Many regard him as a very good team builder.

I must say this is only a rumour, but it was one that was floating around Shielfield tonight too.

No smoke without fire, as the saying goes.

Think Peter would oonly put his millions into his beloved Bandits :D .Sincerly hope the Glasgow can find someone to invest in them ,Speedway in the north needs all its teams.