British Speedway Forum

British Final At Wolverhampton, Mon 30th July 2012

Personally I'd love Rob Mear to win it. I know it's highly unlikely to happen, but it would be awesome wouldn't it?

No!

While I don't wish him any ill or any harm, I won't be cheering him on either. Still have memories of Mear in Rye House colours, shoving Phil Morris off and into the fence, causing severe injuries to Morris, and also to Adam Roynon who broke his leg in 5 places in his attempt to avoid the pile-up.

• Like 2

Cannot see Tai winning this one at all due to him carrying an injury :cry:

Favorite for me is Scott Nicholls who really should have been a Wolves rider years ago.

1. Scotty

2. Bomber

3. King

4. Steady

Be good to see him at Cardiff tho so "WUFFY WUFFY WUFFY" :lol:

I think moving the British Final to Sheffield could be the answer to the comments about a rider getting home advantage.

I remember watching the Elite League Riders Championship at Sheffield (2001 I think) and it was a great meeting.

Many of the Elite League riders have ridden there at some point in their careers and the younger riders will have ridden there with the Premier League teams more recently. This should provide a 'neutral' track with some good racing.

I am sure the same could be said for a number of the current Premier League circuits.

I think moving the British Final to Sheffield could be the answer to the comments about a rider getting home advantage.

I remember watching the Elite League Riders Championship at Sheffield (2001 I think) and it was a great meeting.

Many of the Elite League riders have ridden there at some point in their careers and the younger riders will have ridden there with the Premier League teams more recently. This should provide a 'neutral' track with some good racing.

I am sure the same could be said for a number of the current Premier League circuits.

Totally agree Scooby, a great track used to have qualifying Rnds and semi finals and some big meetings there years ago would be great. I would love to go back haven't been since the great Moran bros and Sean the prawn days.

T.N.T. If Scott Robson wins tomorrow night I will buy you a pint or 3 He retired a long time ago .I think you made a boo boo its Stuart who is in the field with hopefully a good chance,cheers Mick aka F.T.M.

Just testing ..... Yes Stuart. .... He was practising last Monday and looked very quick inside and in the dirt. .... Woyld love him to make the final to get a reserve berth at Cardiff but obviously want Tai to win or at least get the Wild Card with Daniel King also in the final with Bomber.

I would love one of the younger lads to show themselves tomorrow night and hopefully move British speedway forward. The lokes of Craig Cook, Josh Auty and Adam Roynon have progressed so much this year and their class and racing ability is second to none compared to the old stagers in British speedway. Their enthusiasm and talent is just what we need and it would be great if one of them got the opportunity to ride at Cardiff instead of the same-old of Woffy or Scott.

Are you totally anti WOLVES or what.....

All you do is moan and grown about how wolves are cheats and now you want to say its favouritism because the British final is held at wolves. May just maybe its held at wolves because its the best track in the elite league,maybe just maybe its because the wolves track is the best prepared track in the elite league and maybe its because everyone likes to ride the wolves track because its always prepared for even/fair racing for all riders.Stop moaning ....get on yer bike,rev up and toodle off

I thought these shared events were bid for by those that want to stage the event. Wolves probably make the best bid (every year).

• Like 1

I would love one of the younger lads to show themselves tomorrow night and hopefully move British speedway forward. The lokes of Craig Cook, Josh Auty and Adam Roynon have progressed so much this year and their class and racing ability is second to none compared to the old stagers in British speedway. Their enthusiasm and talent is just what we need and it would be great if one of them got the opportunity to ride at Cardiff instead of the same-old of Woffy or Scott.

The funny thing is, Cook, Auty and Roynon are all the same age or older than Woffy.