British Speedway Forum

British Final At Wolverhampton, Mon 30th July 2012

Coventry's track is not good enough.

Showground would be perfect but Lawson would run away with the meeting.

Dont understand why you are trying to degrade young Richard Lawson throughout this thread ? Richard is a good honest rider who will improve & become a Elite League regular in my opinion , you have also spent the last few weeks digging at Olly Allen on various threads ...is it just the British riders you dont like ?

• Like 1

It's nothing about being British and knocking the British guys....I posted something the other week about holder and spitting after loosing out in the GP. It's about portraying our great sport in a professional way....if other high profile sports people behaved in the same way then I am sure the authorities would have dealt with them.

Just grow up and don't be so ungreatfull

• Like 2

If only a few more riders hated finishing 3rd, we might have some decent riders. I'm no Woffy fan but his upset/disgust/displeasure at finishing 3rd was a positive IMO. What is it with the Brits and this, "it's all about taking part"? It's about winning FFS, or why keep score? Woffy shows passion and people for some reason dislike that but then moan that riders are not good enough, what do you want? A robot who wins but shows now emotion?

Totally agree! We need more of our lads to show fire in their bellies so to speak. I didn't see the presentation, but believe he did say a naughty word :lol: and OK maybe he shouldn't have said it on the TV, but you know, the guy is still young and is still on a learning curve and hopefully he will mature and conduct himself in a slightly better way in front of the media in the future.

• Like 1

Scott deserves his win.

However it is becoming a farce that we dont select a Wild card like in all other GP`s.

The UK proving just how far we are behind the top nations.

Why?

The event is a poor one because of the lack of top class riders and the fact that you can predict the winner of many heats before they start. At least offering the Wild Card to the highest finisher gives it a bit more interest.

Nicholls scored more points than Woffy and beat him in the final so I'd say the right man has got the Wild Card.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Scott, He deserved that win last night. Didn't do it the easy way by far, how many people did he have to pass to do it ??

People can moan all they like about Scott being at Cardiff, Its not Scotts choice that the winner of the British Title goes as the wild card. Although i am sure he will enjoy going there its not what he was there for last night, He wants to be British Champion and all he can do is try and beat who is there. Harris and Nicholls were chatting away before the presentation so even if it wasn't shown on camera they were fine with wach other after such a great advert for speedway in the final.

• Like 1

Not at all impressed with Auty's total indifference to Rob Mear's well-being after knocking him off. He just rode off the track without so much as a backward glance.

• Like 1

The best man won on the night. Tai has never been a good rider he is so up and down. Harris blames his equimpment and said the ref didnt let them go back to the pits to work on the bikes, well the ref did the right thing. When you come out you should be ready for racing even if there is a stoppage. Im glad Tai hasnt been choosen to rider agaist the Aussies and that they have gone for another rider. I also think Cook should get a look in he rode very well much better in my mind than Tai and Harris.

Not at all impressed with Auty's total indifference to Rob Mear's well-being after knocking him off. He just rode off the track without so much as a backward glance.

Now I noticed that but thought it was just me being touchy, but I have seen it a few times with other riders lately.

Time to change the venue now for this meeting i think,crowd didnt look to hot last night,and i though the racing was pretty poor,im fast going off these small technical tracks,i also think it one of the reasonS we cant compete on the world stage,Move it to the Lynn or P`Boro,or even Sheffield,Scunthorpe or Somerset

• Like 3

The best man won on the night. Tai has never been a good rider he is so up and down. Harris blames his equimpment and said the ref didnt let them go back to the pits to work on the bikes, well the ref did the right thing. When you come out you should be ready for racing even if there is a stoppage. Im glad Tai hasnt been choosen to rider agaist the Aussies and that they have gone for another rider. I also think Cook should get a look in he rode very well much better in my mind than Tai and Harris.

I will have some of what your on .... Wuffy not a "good" rider your having a laugh, he is still young and struggles for consistancy a bit but was the star turn at the WTC race off. He has had a lot o put up with over the last couple of years but WILL get there for sure.

Cook is a decent rider but one swallow does not a summer make .... getting a little carried away here methinks lol

As for being better than Bomber, come back when he has achieved half what Bomber has and I might take you seriously ;-)

No he didn't...he said wa*nk about the trophy and not wan**er about a person.

Ask them to check your eyes aswell, when you go for the brain scan youngin.:)

He went for his brain scan last week ... nothing found ;-)

I also think Cook should get a look in he rode very well much better in my mind than Tai and Harris.

Much as I am a Craig Cook fan I think this is a bit over the top. He did very well and has good potential.

What a pity there is so much fuss about a stupid word. It would be different if he was actually doing it! It's all part of the hypocrisy of the age we live in, everything has to be sanitised for public consumption. I detest the constant apologising about unimportant words which hardly anyone hears anyway. Just ask the riders privately to try to avoid swearing but don't get uptight when something slips out.

If Woffinden has lost his place at Poole for this reason then that is pathetic.

• Like 3

Time to change the venue now for this meeting i think,crowd didnt look to hot last night,and i though the racing was pretty poor,im fast going off these small technical tracks,i also think it one of the reasonS we cant compete on the world stage,Move it to the Lynn or P`Boro,or even Sheffield,Scunthorpe or Somerset

Yep Hans Nielsen of Wolverhampton, Birmingham & Oxford really struggled thoughout his career because of the "thinking mans tracks" .... as did Ole Olsen who won 2 of his 3 World Titles whilst riding for Wolves. Hancock, Hamill & Ermolenko could all have done better as well if they had not been bought up on the tiny tracks in the USA lol

Edited by DougieD
  • Like 1

Yep Hans Nielsen of Wolverhampton, Birmingham & Oxford really struggled thoughout his career because of the "thinking mans tracks" .... as did Ole Olsen who won 2 of his 3 World Titles whilst riding for Wolves. Hancock, Hamill & Ermolenko could all have done better as well if they had not been bought up on the tiny tracks in the USA lol

Yes,20 years ago,!!!! time have changed,Polish tracks,Mallia and Kings Lynn are the place you have to win at these day

Coventry's track is not good enough.

Showground would be perfect but Lawson would run away with the meeting.

We ALL know you are a wind up merchant,who thinks he is funny.

Guess what,you are not.

Do you actually go to Peterborough ?

Yes,20 years ago,!!!! time have changed,Polish tracks,Mallia and Kings Lynn are the place you have to win at these day

Oh so you did not have to win at such or simular places in those times then lol ... now your just being silly .... if your good enough you can ride ANYTHING .... twist and go speedway is a turn off, I watch he Swedish/Danish & Polish leagues every week & you get the same standard of racing week in week out. In fact I would say there are many many more drawn out races in those due to the big horsepower boys pulling away than in the Elite. Thrilling speedway indeed.

We ALL know you are a wind up merchant,who thinks he is funny.

Guess what,you are not.

Do you actually go to Peterborough ?

About as often as I go to Costa Mesa lol

Well done to Scotty,I am sure he is proud of this achievement.

But does this not show why GB are so low in the World standings.

Where are the young riders to challenge for this title ?

Where are the future GP stars ?

We are so far behind Poland,Danes and Aussies.

Do GB deserve to have any GP riders next year ?

:sad:

Well done Scotty again he did it the hard way. All he needs now is top equipment and the determination in Cardiff. He may get the former but the latter I doubt.

As for Chris. More time - slipping clutch? It was working ok to dice with Scot so did it not last the race? Was he about to change it before the race? :wink:

I would have preferred to see Tai at Cardiff as a wild card but the most relevant point made was about sponsorship. If you haven't got it you can be the next Briggs Fundin Crump or Hancock but you'll be going nowhere in the GPs.

Where does Emil's come from Poland or Russia?