British Speedway Forum

British Final At Wolverhampton, Mon 30th July 2012

Should hold the meeting at a neutral track,either Poole or Petrboro, they don't seem to have had a good British rider for ages(tongue in cheek)

If only a few more riders hated finishing 3rd, we might have some decent riders. I'm no Woffy fan but his upset/disgust/displeasure at finishing 3rd was a positive IMO.

What is it with the Brits and this, "it's all about taking part"? It's about winning FFS, or why keep score? Woffy shows passion and people for some reason dislike that but then moan that riders are not good enough, what do you want? A robot who wins but shows now emotion?

Same faces ,different year, will British speedway ever move on , Scott Nicholls will score about 4 points in the Grand Prix, move over and give the younger one's a chance. just like the Danes who have weeded out there oldies.

Should hold the meeting at a neutral track,either Poole or Petrboro, they don't seem to have had a good British rider for ages(tongue in cheek)

Or Coventry, most of the field are either owned by Coventry, riding for Coventry this season, having been owned by Coventry or have raced for Coventry. Or they're Woffy who is bloody good at Coventry.

And it wasnt tonight . About time they moved it to a real racetrack . Monmore is like a better (sometimes) version of Lakeside , Belle Vue and Arlington , so nothing to write home about

Nothing to write home about?

How come it gets the best prepared track at least every other year?? :rolleyes:

all `proper racetracks` need preparing well for such an event.

Tonight certainly wasnt the best at Monmore but still provided plenty of good racing despite that.

Personally speaking i couldnt care less where it is held, so there is no basis intended!

I think the fact that Wolves have a great history with track prep is part of the reason why they get the event personally.

Different track , same top 6 (or 7 if you include Danny).

• Like 1

Have I missed something here, what I saw was Tai receive his trophy and point to it and then give the thumbs sign down, did not see him mouth any words at all.

To me what he was signalling was he finished third which thought was rubbish. The lad was saying all night that he was unhappy with his performance and was trying to improve on his performance all night.

I really do wish people would get off the lads back, okay he might be a sore loser, but he is probably like myself fed up with this country been losers and wants badly to be a winner.

• Like 2

Tai said (Wan*er and that's why Nigel apologized)

It doesn't give a good refelection of speedway, Many people think it's a redkneck trampy sport for chavs and that's the reflection Tai gave sadly but Speedway clubs need to attract the higher stature people in society and that's where the BSPA should promote the hell out of Michael Jepsen Jensen

Sophisticated yet so cool.

Very rare.

Can understand it being at Wolves as it is a good race track. However, facilities aren't great.

Wolves also is in a central location which could explain why it gets the event a lot.

Kings Lynn would be the best bet next year I think.

Edited by Jonesy the Wolf

Waste of a wild card for the British gp

Well, Tai had his chance did he not?

Having dislocated his shoulder a few days before this meetiing, he decided to go out the very next day to play about on his jetski.....,

Very professional.. :rolleyes:

He didn't win it..His fault!

• Like 4

Well, Tai had his chance did he not?

Having dislocated his shoulder a few days before this meetiing, he decided to go out the very next day to play about on his jetski.....,

Very professional.. :rolleyes:

He didn't win it..His fault!

Scott deserves his win.

However it is becoming a farce that we dont select a Wild card like in all other GP`s.

The UK proving just how far we are behind the top nations.

If only a few more riders hated finishing 3rd, we might have some decent riders. I'm no Woffy fan but his upset/disgust/displeasure at finishing 3rd was a positive IMO.

What is it with the Brits and this, "it's all about taking part"? It's about winning FFS, or why keep score? Woffy shows passion and people for some reason dislike that but then moan that riders are not good enough, what do you want? A robot who wins but shows now emotion?

Absolutely spot on.

After a poor 1st ride,Nicholls was the best rider on the night and deservedly won his 7th title.Tough luck on Woffinden,maybe his disappointment was that he was leading the 1st running of the Final before Kennett came down,and once again Harris was let down bike his bike.

Good showing from some of the PL boys,Barker.Roynon and Ashworth all had their moments,but Craig Cook looked really good.