British Speedway Forum

British Final At Wolverhampton, Mon 30th July 2012

Harris gracious in defeat as ever....What a plonker.

Well done to Nicholls, brilliant meeting from him.

JT.

Woffinden points to his trophy and Pearson remarks "Apologies if you were offended by anything you saw there". How easily offended can Nige get?

Not sure I watched the same things as you.

Woffy was sticking his thumb down and being a tad disrespectful to the trophy. Not sure if I like this or not, on one hand I am pleased he is unhappy at third, but then on the other hand it was a little disrespectful. I do agree though that not sure why Pearson needed to say sorry, not like he swore or stuck two fingers up.

Harris was fairly gracious and had a point, his bike was clobbered and the ref called them back farily quickly. Blamed his machinery, which we can only assume was true, but was gracious to Scott, so not sure what you are are moaning about JT.

• Like 1

Harris gracious in defeat as ever....What a plonker.

Well done to Nicholls, brilliant meeting from him.

JT.

Woffinden points to his trophy and Pearson remarks "Apologies if you were offended by anything you saw there". How easily offended can Nige get?

Think its him mouthing wxxk that NP is reffering to.

Need to grow up Woofinden, your not doing yourself or your sponsors any favours!

• Like 1

Shame w can't see Scott riding like that all time....absolutely superb when he's got the bit between his teeth.

You would do if he rode against such a gash line up week in week out.

A poor meeting on a poor track. About time it got switched to Lynn, Peterborough or Poole.

All that said, well done Scott.

Just wanted to say how disgusted i was at Woffinden behaviour just now on Sky Sports. He acted like a spoilt little prat and to use that type of language is not acceptable.

I accept he might be disappointed but he is a professional and should act like one.

When are the speedway authorities going to sort these idiots out.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say how disgusted i was at Woffinden behaviour just now on Sky Sports. He acted like a spoilt little prat and to use that type of language is not acceptable.

I accept he might be disappointed but he is a professional and should act like one.

Irony is sometimes a wonderful thing...

Bout the same time they sort every other rider who has sworn/thrown a punch or behaved badly on Sky ... its a emotional sport Tai is young, still not fully over losing his Dad ... then we have people like you starting on him .... BRAVO

Agree.

He goes on about how he is Britain's best rider yet Harris always outperforms him when it matters.

Woffinden has never said he was the best Brit Ladyboy, bit like MJJ has never said he is the best rider in the World, he leaves that to idiots like youlol

Not sure I watched the same things as you.

Harris was fairly gracious and had a point, his bike was clobbered and the ref called them back farily quickly. Blamed his machinery, which we can only assume was true, but was gracious to Scott, so not sure what you are are moaning about JT.

Well on one hand I can understand he was frustrated, I can't remember Harris congratulating Nicholls, who rode superbly in the final. All he did was blame his machinery, as he does on an almost weekly basis. Not since Justin Elkins have I seen a rider with such unreliable bikes, and that's with about 6 years of GP sponsorship money to fund them.

What Harris needs is a season out of the GP's to re-focus. He could do far worse than take Iversen as inspiration. This year NKI has totally transformed his form, from a decent heat leader for season after season, to a genuinely world class No.1 in all three leagues. There's no reason why Bomber can't do the same, if he passes on the charity at the end of this season, sorts his head (and bikes out) and qualifies by right.

JT.

Edited by JT
  • Like 2

He prob did it so the likes of your good self have something to talk about for a few days....I agree with him, that two bob plastic trophy is an insult lol :)
  • Like 1

Not the result I would have wanted purely on the basis that GB will never move forward if Nicholls is the best we can do.

Anyway, congrats Scott. *Bites knuckles* :P

It's up to the others to knock him down. Unfortunately they're always falling short.

The was some hope for the future on show though. Fingers crossed these guys get some more backing.

• Like 1

Nobody cares if Coventry produce Brits, They have a losers mentality.

Peterborough produce high quality danes with a winning mentaility installed into them and this was proved in the world cup as Pedersen,Iversen and Jepsen Jensen have all had a winning mentality installed into them by Trevor Swales during there stints at Peterborough, It was no suprise that Mikkel B Jensen was denmark's lowest scorer and this was down to him not meeting Swales yet...

Hopefully Swales gets involved with Team GB in some sort of way because I would like to see the likes of Harris and Bridger and Woffinden being given some sort of direction by Trevor and that can take them anywhere, There would be no limits on the possible outcomes.

Fancy Lawson to win this one, He is a sharp gater and as long as he stays on the right line, He should score a max.

He means mention of Cook when talking about possible dark horses.

Lawson will win. Mark my words.

Lawson just needs to make sharp starts to win this one.

Lawson?

Lawson to win: £2 returns £1000

Do me proud son.

You must be so proud. :t:

Yea i know its meant to be funny. Shame it aint.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

Oh and typical Harris blames his equipment yet again pmsl.

I did think the ref did put the 2 mins on a bit quick when clearly something had flown off his bike when the two came together

Fair play to Scotty and good luck in Cardiff,i would have like some one like Woffy,Roynon,Worrall etc tho to have been given the wild card for the British GP, would add a little something to the meeting i think

I know tai was upset but found his behaviour very disrespectful. Dont think he is mature enough or ready emotionally enough yet for the gp full time yet

Im quite pleased he was pished off,the kid wanted to win it bad,i like that in a rider,shame more are not like it

Edited by montie
  • Like 1