British Speedway Forum

World Cup Final 14th July

At the race off Crump said it depends on the flights!! A bit of a smokescreen i thought at the time.

Can anyone tell me why Poland didn't have KK,Miedzinski or Pawlicki in the polish team and now Ljung gets in the swedish team ahead of PK and Lindback!

Lindbacks been poor this season and PK retired from international speedway about 5 years ago didn't he?

Lindbacks been poor this season and PK retired from international speedway about 5 years ago didn't he?

PK said he was in the squad,Ljung still has a worse gp record than Linback even though Antonio has been poor and Dennis Andersson has a better average in Sweden than Ljung along with David Ruud who also has a better average,Linus Sunstrom or even your best mate Zorro would be a better choice.

Bit risky putting Darcy Ward in now that there are no reserves allowed to fall back on

Maybe numbers wise,but can you say Mikkel B or Emil have 'needed' the EL or gained much experience from their short time? Mikkel B didn't even have his own bikes as far as he told me.Just came over and jumnped on what was provided.In all seriousness he is where he is right now because of what he has learnt outside the EL and the same can be said for Emil.And i am not going through the list to find others.......the times have changed and riders really don't need the EL to get to the top

That’s very much the minority though you must admit?

The majority of riders in the WC have learned, or mastered their craft while racing in the UK/EL, they have become better riders for racing in Britain.

So while, some may not “need it” it has been of a benefit to others who have very much used it to their advantage, only time will tell if guys like Vaculick, Smarzik etc really get to where they are going without the UK, or maybe, like other highly rated, young Eastern European riders they will fade away in their mid 20s.

The majority of riders that master the sport, race in the UK for a extended period of time.

I have to agree with the Bold bit of the above post, and unless the SCB or BSPA or whoever don't get their heads out of their Ar**s, the EL will lose the likes of C Holder and D Ward also.

Would i love England (forget the GB FARCE lol) to be competing? hell yeah! But i first and foremost a speedway fan and so hope we get a good racing track. I'll be lapping up every lap. So looking forward to this meeting i've got no preference in advance and will cheer on the courageous (whoever may turn out to be) RACERS.

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

1.15pm here in Malilla and after heavy overnight rain it is currently dry but very overcast and muggy. Some forecasts suggest more rain, others not.

Track in remarkable condition considering and there is nowhere better than here to cope with whatever is thrown at them. Huge amount of equipment, fresh shale, etc. Later they will scrap off the top surface, pack it down hard and put on a new top dressing.

No doubt the attendance will be affected. People reluctant to travel and little or no cover at the G&B Arena.

Stage is set for a fantastic final ... if the weather allows.

I gave Holder some stick for knocking Harris off on Monday night but I have too ask:-

Were has all this anyone but Australia come from???

They're probably the most exciting team in the whole competition. Is it an anti Poole thing in a International tournament???

I'm not getting it!!!!!!

• Like 3

It is not looking good

meteogram.png

I was going to post that graphic but shied away from fear of Sod's Law. Namely some grizzled old Swedish forester quoting the manner and height that the local squirrels are holding their nuts and proving to be more accurate with his forecast!

Talking seriously now cheers for the info DW and let's just hope there is a change in the weather,

Edited by manchesterpaul

I gave Holder some stick for knocking Harris off on Monday night but I have too ask:-

They're probably the most exciting team in the whole competition. Is it an anti Poole thing in a International tournament???

I'm not getting it!!!!!!

It is probably a dislike of Holder and Ward, now why on earth could that be? Hype overload from the south coast perhaps?

I've always found Jason Crump to be a superb and dignified ambassador for speedway and one who has earned great respect in his career - a lesson to many. He's also damn good to watch.

Edited by Angus Kix Lives

I'm not getting it!!!!!!

Think it is more down to BFD :P :P No,seriously,you've never heard of the rivalry between England and Australia?????And as there isn't really much traditional rivalry between Russia,Sweden or Denmark it is understandable such comments are made.Same as when Scots say "anyone but England" It's tradition

I was going to post that graphic but shied away from fear of Sod's Law. Namely some grizzled old Swedish forester quoting the manner and height that the local squirrels are holding their nuts and proving to be more accurate with his forecast!

Talking seriously now cheers for the info DW and let's just hope there is a change in the weather,

But that says Sunday into Monday what about Saturday ?

• Like 1

Think it is more down to BFD :P :P No,seriously,you've never heard of the rivalry between England and Australia?????And as there isn't really much traditional rivalry between Russia,Sweden or Denmark it is understandable such comments are made.Same as when Scots say "anyone but England" It's tradition

Had thought the fact that Denmark qualified would provide a little extra spice with Sweden being the competing hosts. Is there no rivalry as such between the nations on the sporting front then? Are they that rare breed of neighbourly neighbours?

But that says Sunday into Monday what about Saturday ?

DW's graph starts at 2pm on Saturday.