British Speedway Forum

Gp Challenge Final Gorican Saturday 29th September

Sad state of affairs for Brit speedway and await Chris' excuses for this latest failure.

Sadly we are just not good enough and are completely undeserving of any form of free pick for next season.

Tai Woffinden said he wanted to qualify so hopefully next year he will have more luck with injury and do just that.

There are plenty of riders who are of his standard who have not had a chance and plenty better than Harris who deserve a place more than he does.

Ben Barker deserves a pick before Chris Harris and although not popular with a few here is a decent rider who at least shows a lot of heart especially when he represents his country.

I support the Brits and want them to do well in the SWC and see them regularly in GP action but we need to deserve to be there rather than be there because we are British and get a pity pick for the TV audiences.

Harris has consistency on his side and he has consistently proved he does not deserve to be in the GP.

He has had some triumphs it is true but has never ranked above the most mediocre overall.

He may well reach another GP final before he dissapears into the sunset for 2012 but unless he reaches the top 8 does not in any way deserve any consideration at all for 2013.

And I like the bloke.

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

Hope: Vaculik, MJJ and Zagar.

Realistically: Niels, KK, then its a toughy.

Oh god I hope not: Smolinski, Ales and Walasek.

I would change MJJ for Davey Watt..........The tough again for Zagar and in Oh God I hope not take out Smolinski and put in Batchelor.........

RP

It is sad for british speedway that we have no riders there. I am not one that wants to see Bomber fail and I know my son Mikey wanted him to get through as well as Ben. We have to look at speedway here and start doing something to help our riders or we will be left behind.

I will get behind riders i support when they are struggling or doing well as to me that is a supporter.

think it is a good looking final with a lot of good riders. Really pleased to see Hans there am sure their are a lot of people here who wont agree. He could have been in a position to be eliminated if the engine had of blown sooner thank goodness had a bit of luck to wait to the run off before it let go so he was through.

There are plenty of riders who are of his standard who have not had a chance and plenty better than Harris who deserve a place more than he does.

Ben Barker deserves a pick before Chris Harris and although not popular with a few here is a decent rider who at least shows a lot of heart especially when he represents his country.

Ben Barker, Ben Barker :rofl: ..... the only person who thinks Ben Barker should be in is Ben Barker, & thats because he has an over inflated opinion of himself and his riding ability. This is only surpassed by Lewis Bridger who is of simular vain. Harris could match race them both 10 times and beat them 8 times out of 10 and get EF in the other 2 :lol:

If Barker ever becomes half the rider HE thinks he is he will be lucky :approve:

Something tells me Wuffy will take a place if offered & god luck to him :D

Ben Barker, Ben Barker :rofl: ..... the only person who thinks Ben Barker should be in is Ben Barker, & thats because he has an over inflated opinion of himself and his riding ability. This is only surpassed by Lewis Bridger who is of simular vain. Harris could match race them both 10 times and beat them 8 times out of 10 and get EF in the other 2 :lol:

If Barker ever becomes half the rider HE thinks he is he will be lucky :approve:

Something tells me Wuffy will take a place if offered & god luck to him :D

Such a positive post, so glad you lit up my day with your sparkling wit.

Now get your homework done its a schoolday tomorrow.

Such a positive post, so glad you lit up my day with your sparkling wit.

Now get your homework done its a schoolday tomorrow.

DITTO x

I'm interested in how IMG are going to deal with things if even one of Watt or Batchelor qualify. Undoubtably they have been lining up Darcy for a pick next season ....but add one or two more Aussies and their quota system will be working against them

I'm interested in how IMG are going to deal with things if even one of Watt or Batchelor qualify. Undoubtably they have been lining up Darcy for a pick next season ....but add one or two more Aussies and their quota system will be working against them

If the riders are good enough it shouldnt make any difference what country they are from,and there most certainly not be some sort of quota system.

• Like 2

Just seen Timo Lahti's self-made race jacket for the meeting!!!! I know you told me the Finnish federation was having money problems and wondering whether they could send riders to FIM meetings,but surely they can afford a couple of race jackets f-s-p???? :blink::o:P

We have a set of jackets, and I think they are one of the better ones. ***OR WHAT YOU THINK***

It's just that I was the last one who cared about using them, it seems.

• Like 1

We have a set of jackets, and I think they are one of the better ones. ***OR WHAT YOU THINK***

Nice race jackets.

I would like too see all teams in the SWC and Grand Prix's to have a sizeable national flag, on the front, of their jackets, just like in the old days. But whether this would happen I doubt, which is a great shame.

Riders national flags on race jackets have got so small nowadays that it not worth having them. I know that sponsors names are important, but so is your national flag. Plus it looks so much better, I think.

If the riders are good enough it shouldnt make any difference what country they are from,and there most certainly not be some sort of quota system.

Quite simply the top nine riders from the Grand Prix Challenge Final should race against the bottom seven riders from the GPs. With the top seven or eight going into the following years Grand Prix series.

Every rider, should earn their right to be in the GPs. If this means no British rider in the GP's then so be it. Maybe then the people in control of British speedway might finally get round to sorting the problem out, with our riders. They are capable of beating the world's best which they do in the various European leagues, but something is wrong when they ride in GPs or the SWC (hopefully not year's SWC). Maybe one of best riders of the past can offer them some advise in how to achieve this.

And if any country has a very strong list of current riders then why so they be denied their opportunity, of becoming World Champion.

The best riders should be racing in the GPs regarldess of their Nationality otherwise the GPs will become nothing more then a 'Mickey Mouse' World Championship.

Edited by Robbie B

Keep off the beer before you come on eh chap :lol:

:t:

I was the #1 scott Nicholls fan around 10 years ago, would have gone to a REALLY heavy debate with many forum members to defend him (probably did, in person) but where's he now. Making a decent living racing in the UK, not GP material. Timo Lahti probably even beat him yesterday... = )

From the updates site, last friday at Coventry vs Easbourne...

So he did beat him..

LOL :rofl::rofl::cheers::rofl:

Heat 04: Lahti, Nicholls, Bridger, Bager 2-4 (11-13) 59.9

Line Up: Nicholls, Bager, Bridger, Lahti

Comments: Eagles pair gate, Nicholls gives chase, cuts up inside of bend 4 lap 3 to pass Bridger.

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Coventry&action=display&thread=10386#ixzz1zNnjTaWD

Yes,seen that pic or one like it on the back of sanomat?Passed it on to someone else,so can't check.But i thought it looked great.Just it bears no resemblance to the one Timo had with gaffer tape and edding marker and his own little finland flag etc....not sure i have ever seen a worse one or maybe it should be a work of art in a museum :t: :t: :t:

A big well done Ales, espcially if you recall his speedway history.

Not maybe as exciting as others but inspirational if you just think about it for a few seconds

Well said. he gets more knocks and mickey taking on here but as far as I am concened he is very professional, doesn't let his club down and has been through more than most in terms of the bad times of speedway and still has come back with a sniff of the GP's

Good on yer mate

Australia have had four riders in SGP before now, spook. If they're good enough they'll be in.