British Speedway Forum

Gp Challenge Final Gorican Saturday 29th September

On paper the Lonigo semi-final looks the easier, with a number of qualifiers from the Debrecen qualifier, which was significantly weaker than the other qualifying meetings. Is it not beyond the realms of common sense, to allocate riders equally according to known form?

It is equally patently unfair that Jurica Pavlic has metaphorically 'two bites at the cherry.' Effectively, he can finish in any place in the Divisov semi-final and be guaranteed a place in the race-off at his fathers track at Gorican. If he were then to qualify for the GP Series after previously being eliminated, which is conceivable in my opinion, it makes a mockery of the whole qualifying system.

This is a topic that came up at the weekend when i was talking to a journalist......the draw or generally any draw in speedway is far from fair.It was said that certain riders will know beforehand which meeting they will be in if they qualify for the next round!!! But with a seeded rider in the Final....well this is nothing new.Wallner of Austria for instance was in the World U21 final in Austria,despite being eliminated in an earlier round.But of course that is of less importance than a GP Challenge

This is a topic that came up at the weekend when i was talking to a journalist......the draw or generally any draw in speedway is far from fair.It was said that certain riders will know beforehand which meeting they will be in if they qualify for the next round!!! But with a seeded rider in the Final....well this is nothing new.Wallner of Austria for instance was in the World U21 final in Austria,despite being eliminated in an earlier round.But of course that is of less importance than a GP Challenge

I would have bet money that Zagar was drawn to ride in Lonigo.

King and Barker have a great chance to make the GP challenge looking at the draw!

Really? I'd say it'll be five out of Lindback, PP, Andersen, Madsen, Zagar and Kildemand.

Anyone know why G Laguta isn't taking part in the qualifiers? Apart from Darcy he's arguably the best rider outside the current series.

And he may well struggle to get a wildcard slot, as it looks like Ward, Tai and Hampel (if needed ) would be assured of three of these, with the other maybe going to a second Dane unless once qualifies trhough the GP Challenge.

Janusz Kolodziej is going to give it a go in Divisov-this is a google translation of a Sportowefakty article.

Janusz Kolodziej Pile on Thursday broke his finger in the semi-IMP, and will start on Saturday in the semifinal Grand Prix 2013 in Divisovie. Medical consultation in Krakow gave hope for quick return The first forecasts after Thursday's accident, Janusz Kolodziej were not optimistic. On Friday, a Polish representative went to a medical consultation to Krakow. - The finger is obviously damaged, but it is not so dangerous, that would make the appearance in Divisovie Janusz. After consulting doctors in Krakow, we hope that will not be so bad. The injured finger was founded a special dressing and Janusz certainly going to Divisova - said Krzysztof Cegielski for SportoweFakty.pl żużlowca manager. Janusz Kolodziej test has already established a special bandage for a broken finger. - Janusz tested "dry" feel like the dressing on a motorcycle. We hope that you drive it will not be a problem caused him. Everything would appear during Saturday's workout - adds Cegielski. Semifinal qualifiers for the Grand Prix in 2013 is a very important event for Janusz Kolodziej, who, after dreaming of returning to the GP series. - Yes, the event is important, but not so that Janusz is doing something for the strength and will to risk. If you find that you are not able to go with this injury, you'll forgive. On Saturday morning in Divisovie training. Janusz rides convince the individual that is able to fight in competitions. After the doctors and well-being of Janusz found it worthwhile to go to Divisova. However, if you place it appears that the injury that prevents him from driving safely, certainly not going to risk and to forgive - provides Krzysztof Cegielski

Live updates from Divisov from 2pm (uk time ) http://www.sportowef...wydarzenie/7452

Live updates from Vojens from 6pm (uk time ) http://www.sportowef...wydarzenie/7450

Live updates from Lonigo from 8pm (uk time )

Just a reminder that if Pavlic qualifys in the top 5 in Divisov,then the top 6 will qualify from Vojens.Edit Pavlic has finished outside the top 5 so only 5 from Vojens qualify.

Edited by racers and royals

A total collapse from Kylmakorpi sees him exit. He looked a certainty to be going through after 3 races but then failed to add another point.

Dryml, Ljung, Kasprzak, Vaculik and Batchelor (and Pavlic, I guess) become the first lot into the Final.

A total collapse from Kylmakorpi sees him exit. He looked a certainty to be going through after 3 races but then failed to add another point.

Dryml, Ljung, Kasprzak, Vaculik and Batchelor (and Pavlic, I guess) become the first lot into the Final.

cant be argued with I guess........ i'm shuddering at the thought of a Dryml or Kasprzak in the GP's but everyone deserves their chance

Hopefully this will now put paid to any notion of Bomber in the 2013 GP's and he will have to go back to the drawing board if he is serious about it in the future