British Speedway Forum

Raiders Vdudley Sat 16th June ..after Rockets At 6pm Rye

waco

The NL is supposed to be a development league for young British riders, helping their talent to blossom. It has enabled the young, talented and British Roynon to get confidence-building time in the saddle following dreadful injuries and, as such, has fulfilled its remit perfectly. Where's the argument?

He's getting plenty of time in the saddle, 6 rides guesting for Wolves (paid 11 from 5 completed races) this week being the latest. Adam seems like a nice fella and obviously has talent, but does he really need to be stealing kids pocket money in the NL?

I'm neither anti Roynon (PL winner with the Rockets in 2007, how could I be?), or anti Dudley (good to see the Heathens back). It's just a point of principal.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

He's getting plenty of time in the saddle, 6 rides guesting for Wolves (paid 11 from 5 completed races) this week being the latest. Adam seems like a nice fella and obviously has talent, but does he really need to be stealing kids pocket money in the NL?

I'm neither anti Roynon (PL winner with the Rockets in 2007, how could I be?), or anti Dudley (good to see the Heathens back). It's just a point of principal.

Nice to see that you are not anti Adam or Dudley.....but the system is doing the job for the top NL riders.

Another bit of info, did you know that Ash Morris & Darryl Ritchings have limited EL experience at Wolves & Swindon and it has helped them as well?

I'm not a Dudley supporter; but I would say the same about Roynon regardless of where he was riding. After this season, hopefully the NL and Roynon will part ways as he will no longer need it. But this year I would suggest the benefit has been mutual.

By the by, he's also clearly a very good captain although I appreciate that point doesn't really come under the remit of the discussion.

I'm not a Dudley supporter; but I would say the same about Roynon regardless of where he was riding. After this season, hopefully the NL and Roynon will part ways as he will no longer need it. But this year I would suggest the benefit has been mutual.

By the by, he's also clearly a very good captain although I appreciate that point doesn't really come under the remit of the discussion.

I am a Heathens supporter and always will be!

Have you seen this.........

Richie Worrall - 0, 2, 2', 2^ = ?? Plus another ride at King's Lynn tonight? He's in 3 UK leagues !

Slag him off and leave Adam & the Heathens alone will you?

Edited by berniev123
  • Like 1

Richie Worrall - 0, 2, 2', 2^ = ?? Plus another ride at King's Lynn tonight? He's in 3 UK leagues !

How unusual to see a Dudley supporter shouting at opposing fans!!!

There's a world of difference between someone who's just starting out and someone who's been knocking around the leagues for 9 years. Someone who's been around for that long with all that experience and all that track time should be embarrassed for stealing kids pocket money.

There's a world of difference between someone who's just starting out and someone who's been knocking around the leagues for 9 years. Someone who's been around for that long with all that experience and all that track time should be embarrassed for stealing kids pocket money.

Dean Felton,Tony Atkin,Adam McKinna,James Cockle,Luke Priest etc etc

Dean Felton,Tony Atkin,Adam McKinna,James Cockle,Luke Priest etc etc

I can see what you're trying to do, but you're way off. None of those have or are setting the NL alight, so your barking up the wrong tree there. Nice try though.

All of the riders you mention aren't good enough to hold down a regular PL place, so have no other choice than to race in the NL.

James Cockle is good for a bit of a laugh. We've had many a fun afternoon and evening playing the Cockle-o-meter game at Rye House!

Edited by Shadders

The clue might have been because it was a thread related to Dudley, not Stoke.

Roynon should be embaressed taking the money, and the BSPA should step in and take action.

Junior

And how long has Richie been riding speedway?? this his his 2nd full season and no-one could have predicted his form,and to say he rides in all 3 leagues is stupid,i think he only rode once for Stoke!!!!

Roynon,as this stage of his career should be no where near the NL,the lad is a talented rider and its the top two leagues he should be in,as it turned out Richie is also to good for the NL,but who was to know

• Like 1

...should be embarrassed for stealing kids pocket money.

You should be embarrassed making that comment. Stealing kids pocket money. Seriously?!

And how much experience has Adam actually got? He's been a professional speedway rider for a number of years now, but how many have been injury-free (and I mean that relatively speaking as all riders pick up some knocks throughout the year)? How many times has Adam completed say 6 months of the season?

...and the BSPA should step in and take action.

On what grounds and what action should they take?

Roynon,as this stage of his career should be no where near the NL...

Why is Adam where he is at this stage of his career?

------------------------------------------

This is no longer a source of general annoyance I find it extremely disrespectful to the rest of the Heathens squad. Off the top of my head there have been 5 or 6 occasions where you could take Adam's score off the team total and we'd still have won. Adam often, I'd even say mostly, gives up heat 15 to the other members of the team. I can't remember how many times but off the top of my head I don't think he's ridden a heat 15 when the meeting is over as a contest. I'm sure any member of the Heathens squad will tell you how much they're learning from Adam, respect him as a captain and enjoy riding with him. What about a few stats from all the Heathens meetings this season - taken from the Dudley Heathens website.

Tom Perry started on 5.89 and is averaging 9.19. He has also upped his start figure of 3.00 in the PL too. It's only his third year in speedway and has already made a World U21 Semi Final and took the silver medal in the British U21 Final, only narrowly missing out on winning it with a superb effort in the final heat.

Ashley Morris started on 6.63 and is averaging 7.93. He started slightly shaky but has impressed enough in recent weeks to get outings in the PL and EL. He's scored in each of those outings and I believe those that have seen him ride in those meetings have been very impressed and reported his performances were perhaps worthy of more points than show on the scorecard.

Dan Greenwood started on 3.00 and is averaging 6.04. Apparently he worked three jobs to be able to get back into the sport and is showing good form already. The lad clearly has some talent and has been a big miss for the NL in the last couple of years. He's due to jump straight up in to the top five for us at the first attempt as soon as the averages come out.

Darryl Ritchings started on 4.29 and is averaging 5.06. Darryl started a little below par too, but he's a shy lad and is slow to speak up if there are any problems with his set-up apparently. Some problems have been noted and hopefully Darry is now well on his way to sorting things out as the last week saw an improvement in form. Certainly enough that Somerset named him as number 8 a couple of times, though he wasn't called upon.

(James and Byron have not enjoyed such success yet but there are positive signs and both have contributed very well at one time or another to an important meeting result.)

These, the first four, are the type of riders you are all saying the league should be about but not once have seen or heard a single positive word for them or the way the Heathens are helping them to progress. If you're all so hell-bent on seeing some young Brits do well then get behind the ones that are regardless of club loyalty.

Not showing support and respect to these riders really does make a complete mockery of the whining and complaining about Adam. Young Brits are getting chances and are impressing. You're just too wrapped up yourselves to have noticed.

• Like 1

You should be embarrassed making that comment. Stealing kids pocket money. Seriously?!

And how much experience has Adam actually got? He's been a professional speedway rider for a number of years now, but how many have been injury-free (and I mean that relatively speaking as all riders pick up some knocks throughout the year)? How many times has Adam completed say 6 months of the season?

On what grounds and what action should they take?

------------------------------------------

This is no longer a source of general annoyance I find it extremely disrespectful to the rest of the Heathens squad. Off the top of my head there have been 5 or 6 occasions where you could take Adam's score off the team total and we'd still have won. Adam often, I'd even say mostly, gives up heat 15 to the other members of the team. I can't remember how many times but off the top of my head I don't think he's ridden a heat 15 when the meeting is over as a contest. I'm sure any member of the Heathens squad will tell you how much they're learning from Adam, respect him as a captain and enjoy riding with him. What about a few stats from all the Heathens meetings this season - taken from the Dudley Heathens website.

Tom Perry started on 5.89 and is averaging 9.19. He has also upped his start figure of 3.00 in the PL too. It's only his third year in speedway and has already made a World U21 Semi Final and took the silver medal in the British U21 Final, only narrowly missing out on winning it with a superb effort in the final heat.

Ashley Morris started on 6.63 and is averaging 7.93. He started slightly shaky but has impressed enough in recent weeks to get outings in the PL and EL. He's scored in each of those outings and I believe those that have seen him ride in those meetings have been very impressed and reported his performances were perhaps worthy of more points than show on the scorecard.

Dan Greenwood started on 3.00 and is averaging 6.04. Apparently he worked three jobs to be able to get back into the sport and is showing good form already. The lad clearly has some talent and has been a big miss for the NL in the last couple of years. He's due to jump straight up in to the top five for us at the first attempt as soon as the averages come out.

Darryl Ritchings started on 4.29 and is averaging 5.06. Darryl started a little below par too, but he's a shy lad and is slow to speak up if there are any problems with his set-up apparently. Some problems have been noted and hopefully Darry is now well on his way to sorting things out as the last week saw an improvement in form. Certainly enough that Somerset named him as number 8 a couple of times, though he wasn't called upon.

(James and Byron have not enjoyed such success yet but there are positive signs and both have contributed very well at one time or another to an important meeting result.)

These, the first four, are the type of riders you are all saying the league should be about but not once have seen or heard a single positive word for them or the way the Heathens are helping them to progress. If you're all so hell-bent on seeing some young Brits do well then get behind the ones that are regardless of club loyalty.

Not showing support and respect to these riders really does make a complete mockery of the whining and complaining about Adam. Young Brits are getting chances and are impressing. You're just too wrapped up yourselves to have noticed.

Well said 21st Century Heathen whoever you are. It sums up my feeling perfectly!

Edited by berniev123

I agree with Shadders but not always his choice of words ))

Adam and Tai were reserves in the Rye 2007 team both starting the season at reserve, since then we know that Adam has had more than his fair share of accidents and injuries but when he has ridden he has doubled or trebled up so experience is not that vastly different.

I am sure that if Len had named Tai as No.1 in the Raiders squad this year (if a way could be found), the Dudley fans would have been among the first to shout that the NL wasn't a league for riders with elite league positions and on the edge of the GB team.

Adam is no longer a mere youngster learning his way in the sport, nor is he a 'has been' who rides as he will never get a ride at a higher level. He is a rider that I personally like and should be close to or nearing the peak of his career, which is Premier heat leader or above.

It a bit like getting Wayne Rooney to play for your sunday morning pub league football team ))

Stop moaning and bring on more young british talent to become the Tai or Adam of tomorrow, as had been already said Richie Worral is on his way up and I doubt if he will be in NL next year as he has improved so much and so quickly in such a short space of time. Lets make room for more of this.

• Like 2

In not gonna quote all of 21CH's post, but as to his point that Adams scores haven't made any difference to the Dudley points, again a Heathens fan is missing the point. Its not an attack on Dudley Heathens speedway team. I couldnt gives toss if you win he National League, the NLKOC, the Champions League, or the Nobel Peace prize, the 3rd tier of British speedway has very little interest to me.

Fairly obvious i would say,hes a very talented rider who is riding very well in the top two leagues in the UK,thats the stage he is at and why!!and long may that continue

Instead of welcoming top riders to the NL we should we wanting "rid" of them on to greater and better things,The superb Kyle Howarth is a great example,used the NL to learn then made the step up

• Like 1

Fairly obvious i would say,hes a very talented rider who is riding very well in the top two leagues in the UK,thats the stage he is at and why!!and long may that continue

Instead of welcoming top riders to the NL we should wEe wanting "rid" of them on to greater and better things,The superb Kyle Howarth is a great example,used the NL to learn then made the step up

Seems like common sense. Can't understand how anyone can argue with that, unless it's their side that benefits.

And how long has Richie been riding speedway?? this his his 2nd full season and no-one could have predicted his form,and to say he rides in all 3 leagues is stupid,i think he only rode once for Stoke!!!!

Roynon,as this stage of his career should be no where near the NL,the lad is a talented rider and its the top two leagues he should be in,as it turned out Richie is also to good for the NL,but who was to know

It's Richie's 3rd actually but his first was cleary managed to give him plenty of competitive rides and nursing his 3 pt average ready for 2011 season. Nothing wrong with that in fact a master stroke I would say Once again I cant deny the lad has done well but you could get your facts right when you arguing a point.

You may care to take a look at this;

.http://speedwayresults.com/rider.php?name=Richie&surname=Worrall&season=2010

I think Worrall and Roynon are good for the league 1 they do attract spectators and 2 it gives the rookies an idea of the PL & EL and the work to do to get to that standard because you name Kyle Howarth but some lads do struggle with the transition as Cameron Heeps, to name but 1, is proving.

Edited by TMW

It's Richie's 3rd actually but his first was cleary managed to give him plenty of competitive rides and nursing his 3 pt average ready for 2011 season. Nothing wrong with that in fact a master stroke I would say Once again I cant deny the lad has done well but you could get your facts right when you arguing a point.

Maybe you should get your fact right also,if you read my post i said this is only Richies 2nd FULL season,which is infact correct,so get off your high horse and kidly get your facts right!!!!! if fact shouldnt you be on the Buxton thread these days??

but some lads do struggle with the transition as Cameron Heeps, to name but 1, is proving.

if going from a 3 point average to a 4 on your first set of greensheets is struggling good god,i would say for 16/17 or what ever he is he has done very well

Edited by montie

Maybe you should get your fact right also,if you read my post i said this is only Richies 2nd FULL season,which is infact correct,so get off your high horse and kidly get your facts right!!!!! if fact shouldnt you be on the Buxton thread these days??

Oh I see you have to have a season in a 1 - 7 to have a season do you? You don't have to have as many meetings as being in a full 1 - 7 then. but not gain an avearge.

I didn't say Heeps was doing badly but the couple of times I have seen him he seemed to struggle.

Am I not free to post wherever I want ???

Edited by TMW