British Speedway Forum

Rico Memorial Meeting

Bluejam, if the money goes to Emma & the boys personally I don't see a problem. People do collect programmes of significance, and unfortunately the meeting at Wroclaw on 13th May was a significant meeting for speedway.

If you're unsure though, maybe ask Lewis Bridger or Rosco on twitter, both are close to the Richardsons.

Apparently the seller of Friday's programme on ebay has stated that £10 has been donated. That still reads to me as if they are making profit out of selling this item, which in my mind is morally wrong. :(

Be a shame if the auction got scuppered like many others have on ebay in the past wouldn't it?

Bluejam, if the money goes to Emma & the boys personally I don't see a problem. People do collect programmes of significance, and unfortunately the meeting at Wroclaw on 13th May was a significant meeting for speedway.

If you're unsure though, maybe ask Lewis Bridger or Rosco on twitter, both are close to the Richardsons.

Apparently the seller of Friday's programme on ebay has stated that £10 has been donated. That still reads to me as if they are making profit out of selling this item, which in my mind is morally wrong. :(

Be a shame if the auction got scuppered like many others have on ebay in the past wouldn't it?

It's incredibly bad taste Wackie I agree..Makes me feel very uncomfortable. Some people!! :(

Edited by Jacques

Courtesy of the Hammers' website - well in excess of 6.000 people attended last Friday with the 'fund' for the family past the six figure mark.

A big well done to all contributors.

• Like 4

[

The owner of this programme on ebay would have donated to the Rico fund by buying it in the first place, but a day after the meeting and it's up for sale with a minimum price of £3. The seller is obviuously trying to make profit out of this.... shame on them :mad:

Currently at £16. I've asked the question if proceeds are being donated to Rico's fund. Not my business really but depends if I bid.

Prog now at £25.

I've had a reply from the seller and he states that he does intend to donate the proceeds of the sale to Lee's fund.

A nice gesture.

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting apart from the village idiot stood in front of me, Norwichkev & Rum Old Bird. His celebrations when Ward came off in the final had to be seen to be believed - and at a meeting honouring a rider who lost his life in a track accident. I just don't understand the mentality of such people.

The best thing of all is this was one of those all too rare occasions when I was enormously proud of the sport as a whole - the riders, the fans and the management - as everyone rallied round for an exceptional cause.

• Like 3

[

Prog now at £25.

I've had a reply from the seller and he states that he does intend to donate the proceeds of the sale to Lee's fund.

A nice gesture.

There's now two listings for the programme on Ebay pugwash :( There's one signed by all the riders for £25 which states 'part of the sale will go to the Rico fund' which popped up yesterday.

Where as I had a reply for the unsigned programme listed saying £10 had already been donated!

Not happy with either of these being on Ebay so quickly after the meeting, and apologies to the sellers if they do the honourable thing and donate all the proceeds to the Rico fund, but I still get the feeling they are, or were trying to make a quick buck from this. :(

The only people who should profit out of Friday's meeting are Lee's wife and children.

• Like 3

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting apart from the village idiot stood in front of me, Norwichkev & Rum Old Bird. His celebrations when Ward came off in the final had to be seen to be believed - and at a meeting honouring a rider who lost his life in a track accident. I just don't understand the mentality of such people.

The best thing of all is this was one of those all too rare occasions when I was enormously proud of the sport as a whole - the riders, the fans and the management - as everyone rallied round for an exceptional cause.

Do you remember what this guy looked like? i think i remember seeing what you're describing

Hi I am new to the forum but can i just say as a Lakeside fan i was there at Lees meeting and it was amazing

all the riders managment and fans did a fantastic job in Lees memory.

Spoke to Lees brother briefly and they could not believe the turnout of people and the respect for Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing news iro Lee's memorial fund - go to: http://www.lakesidehammers.co.uk/

Even so iris some of the comments being thrown back at Emma on polish forums are disgusting and very insensitive.

Yes,i have seen a few and agree.There are idiots on Polish forums just as there are here.But of course you would think in the circumstances that people would be more careful and engage their brain a little.......but :cry:

I would say it is of less importance what some idiots post on forums.The main thing is this gets sorted out between Emma and the club,although for sure it can't help if she reads these things

If I may return this to something positive, there is to be a football match at the ground of Ipswich Wanderers for the benefit of Lee. It is on this Sunday with kick-off at 2pm. Full details are on the Lakeside website:

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/

Let's hope for a good turnout.