British Speedway Forum

Rico Memorial Meeting

coming up from plymouth for this meeting so hope the weather good for it

I'll be updating people on the weather as often as I can tomorrow as am going over to the track early. I live just across the Kent side of the River Thames near the Dartford Tunnel / bridge so will do first update(s) from here before setting off.

• Like 1

Would have liked to have been at Lakeside tomorrow evening(as I was at the meeting in Wroclaw in May when I witnessed the dreadful accident only 20 metres in front of where i was situated),however due to unforeseen circumstances am unable to attend,however will be donating to the LR Support fund.Hope that all who attend have an evening to remember. ;)

• Like 3

I'll be updating people on the weather as often as I can tomorrow as am going over to the track early. I live just across the Kent side of the River Thames near the Dartford Tunnel / bridge so will do first update(s) from here before setting off.

i be setting off at 9am and not rushing up but allowing time for brekki stop and busy traffic on the M25 and busy at speedway. any chance of text Bryn if its looking like it will be off to avoid a fruitless journey plus gives me time to try to get to somerset instead.

my number 07717256401

i be setting off at 9am and not rushing up but allowing time for brekki stop and busy traffic on the M25 and busy at speedway. any chance of text Bryn if its looking like it will be off to avoid a fruitless journey plus gives me time to try to get to somerset instead.

my number 07717256401

8.30am WEATHER CHECK:

It's a bright morning here at the Erith/Dartford divide in Kent, just across the River Thames from the Arena Essex Raceway, the venue for tonight's BIG meeting. It's all systems GO!!!!

Edited by Bryn

11.30am WEATHER UPDATE

Has clouded over slightly but no sign of rain and latest info from Met Office (10am) indicates no more that a possibility of a brief patch of light rain circa 4pm. Tonight's oh-so-special meeting WILL be ON!

• Like 1

4.30 pm UPDATE

As has been posted, we had some rain for a brief spell (10 mins?), it having been dry until circa 30 mins ago, which has stopped. Brightening up again and meeting is ON

Good luck to all the riders and everyone else who will be there. Have just read the piece in the Speedway Star about Lee and John Davis - excellent. I knew Lee through his time at Swindon and through a mutual friendship with one of his main sponsors, Andy Nurden. He was a gentleman in every way and I will wear my #RICO T shirt this evening in his memory.

6.30pm FINAL WEATHER CHECK:

Blue sky, bit nippy - meeting ON!!!

• Like 1

Absolutely cracking meeting with all riders giving their all. Only dissapontment was the Lakeside fans cheering when Darcy hit the deck in the final.

Booed him when presented his trophy at the end by Emma.

Very poor considering all the boys rode for nothing tonight.

Fitting tribute to Lee.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 2