British Speedway Forum

PL Fours, Peterborough, 15/07

You could have the Fours meeting that would include every team in the league.

Seed last years winner directly to the Final i.e. Ipswich.

The split the other 12 teams into 3 groups of 4 with winners of each group qualifying for the Final.

Edited by spin king

That's nonsense given that averages can be manipulated etc..

I would like to know where you are going with this one....

If a team has "manipulated" their averages it means they are basiclay eliminating themselves from the event......good.

So you're telling me that teams sign reserves on averages higher than 5 then use the rest for the remaining riders , yeah right that makes sense :rolleyes: Most of the PL team,s have done that this season...NOT!

Whats that got to do with the discussion? The suggestion was that Workington , Newcastle, Somerset were not top heavy. Add up the total of their top 4's at the start of the year and compare to other teams and see how top heavy they are (or are not as you believe) - I think you'll find them 3 teams used up a lot of their points on their top 5 and have a minimal amount left for their bottom 3 - They just happened to use that minimal amount very well in signing the likes of Roynon, Howarth, Worrall (x2)m Davies and Newman.

Interesting piece by Mike Bacon in the EADT:

http://www.lovespeedway24.co.uk/teams/ipswich-witches/louis_fury_as_redcar_now_get_premier_fours_call_up_1_1439011

I reckon Louis may have a point. Ignoring the fact that Ipswich are the current champions, and really should be there to defend their title, now the teams have been announced, they justify inclusion based on the combined averages.

Using the June RAs, Ipswich have a combined average of 34.09, which is only bettered by Somerset (35.69), Plymouth (35.20), and Newcastle (35.17).

http://www.lovespeed...ll_up_1_1439011

I reckon Louis may have a point. Ignoring the fact that Ipswich are the current champions, and really should be there to defend their title, now the teams have been announced, they justify inclusion based on the combined averages.

Using the June RAs, Ipswich have a combined average of 34.09, which is only bettered by Somerset (35.69), Plymouth (35.20), and Newcastle (35.17).

Should be this seasons averages 2012 --it is the 2012 PL4's --as r'as as you pointed out include some 2010!!! (cannot be arsed to check as trust your figures).

Top 8 teams not perfect... who ever they are. Surely as the original selections were made on previous months figures its the 9th club on those figures was it Redcar ?

You could have the Fours meeting that would include every team in the league.

Seed last years winner directly to the Final i.e. Ipswich.

The split the other 12 teams into 3 groups of 4 with winners of each group qualifying for the Final.

Now this surely says what i feel the majority of us feel about the " day of the 4's Finals" maximum involvement from all Clubs.

I also want return of the QR's but feel this would compensate until the day we increase PL numbers to 16.(dream dream i know) They did run a QR Group with only 3 clubs once for a 4TT ...only in speedway!!

Seems you have a sown a seed to work on & at first viewing looks promising.

Wish you luck because imo this has no chance of being adopted because it has integrity(apologies Snacky if used that incorrectly) and would appear to be the fairest solution.

Suggest you flower it with a stupid idea or 2 to increase its chances of adoption....ie up live up to your name!!!

Do you ever give up????

you realy are taking this one badly?!

• Like 2

Do you ever give up????

you realy are taking this one badly?!

I know my posts are good, but there is really no need to quote them twice!!!!!!

I haven't taken anything badly, just bringing to other members' attention to an article in the local press that may be of interest In addition I have added a little factual comment.

Pip pip

I haven't taken anything badly, just bringing to other members' attention to an article in the local press that may be of interest In addition I have added a little factual comment.

Pip pip

Pip pip

Yawn!!

27.73 actually, top 4 in the averages Lanham, Doolan, North and Tungate - same for every club so they didn't qualify and Redcar were above them on 27.81 once Scunny dropped out.

Edited by Piccolo

27.73 actually, top 4 in the averages Lanham, Doolan, North and Tungate - same for every club so they didn't qualify and Redcar were above them on 27.81 once Scunny dropped out.

I was using the figures to underline Louis point of “....... we (would) be one of the strongest teams.......”. Remember the teams announced by the BSPA consist of FIVE riders, and given that, Ipswich are the fourth strongest team based on RAs.

We all know how the BSPA base their qualifying criteria, which is fair enough, but it doesn't lessen the substance of Louis' remarks.

Had a good laugh at the bspa website today with ben barker talking tough about the fours how anyone could fear ben and ryan is laughable <personal abuse removed - refer to forum rules>

When Barker was interviewed I bet it went something like this.

" Well, you know I think I`m doing ok and you know the fish is right up there,you know., and you never know if Cory can get some you know , big you know points , and Toddy can you know surprise a few you know people , you never know we might just nick it.......................................you know..".............

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 2

Really looking forward to this meeting as its my 1st visit to the East of England Showground, lets hope im returning with fond memories of a Comets win fingers crossed this will be our 6th PL 4s title and the 1st peice of silverware of the 2012 season.

Doubt it will be easy as it has the making of a very close fought meeting, on the plus side Bach, Lawson and Roynon all the no the Peterborough track well and im sure Kenny will give it his all.

Coming down on the supporters bus, sunny skys please...........

• Like 1