British Speedway Forum

PL Fours, Peterborough, 15/07

GROUP 1

PLYMOUTH: Ben Barker, Cory Gathercole, Ryan Fisher, Todd Kurtz.

NEWCASTLE: Stuart Robson, Mark Lemon, Ludvig Lindgren, Claes Nedermark.

BERWICK: Ricky Ashworth, Sebastian Alden, Lee Complin, David Bellego.

SCUNTHORPE: David Howe, Josh Auty, Ashley Birks, Thomas Jorgensen.

GROUP 2

SOMERSET: Claus Vissing, Jason Doyle, James Wright, Sam Masters.

WORKINGTON: Richard Lawson, Rene Bach, Kenny Ingalls, Adam Roynon.

LEICESTER: Kauko Nieminen, Magnus Karlsson, Lasse Bjerre, Simon Lambert.

GLASGOW: Joe Screen, James Grieves, Josh Grajczonek, Mason Campton.

Ridiculous that the team of Gjedde, Frampton, Mellgren and Bunyan will be absent when cack like Campton, Bellego and Lambert are on show.

If you reckon they are cack get a bike and have a go.... :blink:

Ridiculous reaction. Shut up

Redcar replacing Scunthorpe apparently.

I think it's a joke now teams don't get a chance to qualify for the event. Your not not necessarily getting the strongest sides. As a monarchs fan I am massively peed off we miss out. Give every team an equal chance to qualify or scrap the whole event. Total farce teams are invited to compete now! Thought this for a few years now

• Like 2

Delighted that Redcar will now ride at Peterborough. HOWEVER, still think the qualifcation rules stink. Feel sorry for Scunthorpe.

All teams should qualify on the track with qualifying meetings not through the lottery of averages that can be manipulated through team building.

As I've said, I'm delighted that we will be there, but not how it has been achieved.

Delighted that Redcar will now ride at Peterborough. HOWEVER, still think the qualifcation rules stink. Feel sorry for Scunthorpe.

All teams should qualify on the track with qualifying meetings not through the lottery of averages that can be manipulated through team building.

As I've said, I'm delighted that we will be there, but not how it has been achieved.

Brilliant post agree 100%

Okay gonna throw this one in.....what if they do have qualifying rounds and teams drop out like scunthorpe have, what happens then who goes through? is it by invitation again???

Seems its a no win situation?

The pairs will be the next farce who's in or not in.

Edited by penchev

Okay gonna throw this one in.....what if they do have qualifying rounds and teams drop out like scunthorpe have, what happens then who goes through? is it by invitation again???

The fours qualifiers were some of the best weekends of the season. The best pairs is at it suggests taking you best pair! Honestly some folk here need to actually get a grasp of what is being said. There should be qualifying and if say the northern qualifier drops out then you bring in the runner up from that qualifying section. I am not annoyed m

If you remember the fours were the best meetings of season for some, the fours qualifiers. If a team won a section dropped out then the next best team from that section gets in. It's simple worked for years and then was changed for no good reason.

Teams like Edinburgh and rye house are not there. Fans of clubs of these clubs should be annoyed not that they are not there, but because they were never given the chance to qualify on merit fair and square. It should not be a golden ticket you are invited into, it should be the best fours who come from qualifying. I am sorry there is nO counter argument

The fours qualifiers were some of the best weekends of the season. The best pairs is at it suggests taking you best pair! Honestly some folk here need to actually get a grasp of what is being said. There should be qualifying and if say the northern qualifier drops out then you bring in the runner up from that qualifying section. I am not annoyed m

If you remember the fours were the best meetings of season for some, the fours qualifiers. If a team won a section dropped out then the next best team from that section gets in. It's simple worked for years and then was changed for no good reason.

Teams like Edinburgh and rye house are not there. Fans of clubs of these clubs should be annoyed not that they are not there, but because they were never given the chance to qualify on merit fair and square. It should not be a golden ticket you are invited into, it should be the best fours who come from qualifying. I am sorry there is nO counter argument

just the same old story every year and nothing changes.....who will be next to drop out????? and another wedding invitation gets sent out. Guess us fans just have to accept it and move on.

But every team has a chance to be in? You just need to sign a top 4 that's good enough. I'm sorry, but I don't see why a team with lower averages than the rest should be offered the chance to qualify or be in the meeting.

No grasp on the traditions of the competition in its hey day do you?

Why don't we just award all the trophies in the league to the team with the highest collective average?

You should have to earn the right to be there not awarded it. You should have to beat your rivals in a qualifying section and earn your place in the finals. The way it always was and the way the vast majority of fans would prefer it. Fact

Yes I do thanks, I was a fan of the meetings back then. However, clearly someone at the BSPA wasn't so the system was changed and IMO there is nothing wrong with it. Awarding titles has nothing to do with it, they need 8 teams for the final, they choose the best 8 teams, end of story.

Yes I do thanks, I was a fan of the meetings back then. However, clearly someone at the BSPA wasn't so the system was changed and IMO there is nothing wrong with it. Awarding titles has nothing to do with it, they need 8 teams for the final, they choose the best 8 teams, end of story.

You saying end of story does not make it right. At has everything to do with awarding titles selecting who will be in an out with no structured way of qualifying! Why not give the plrc to the top averaging rider save the hassle of a meeting!

The BSpa make many baffling decisions that have nothing to do with the fans. It's not a fair system and you in your opinion are in the minority

What on earth has that PLRC idea got to do with anything? The PLRC they choose the top averaged rider from every team and have a meeting to decide the winner, incredibly it's the same as the PL4TT. I don't recall you or anyone else calling for north/south qualifying meetings for the PLRC? Or is it because your team has a guaranteed entry?

What's unfair about it? The 8 best teams are invited to a meeting, why should teams who aren't good enough be considered?

• Like 2

What on earth has that PLRC idea got to do with anything? The PLRC they choose the top averaged rider from every team and have a meeting to decide the winner, incredibly it's the same as the PL4TT. I don't recall you or anyone else calling for north/south qualifying meetings for the PLRC? Or is it because your team has a guaranteed entry?

What's unfair about it? The 8 best teams are invited to a meeting, why should teams who aren't good enough be considered?

You are saying that judging riders on averages is the best way to gauge entry to the fours. That's nonsense given that averages can be manipulated etc.. If we judged things solely on averages there would be no point in having meetings in the first place.

If a team was not good enough as you put it, they would not get through the qualifying round. But at least all teams are in the hat in the first place. Revenue wise the fours were a massive money spinner for many teams. U am sorry the system is flawed and I will tell you now that if qualifying comp was in place we would not have the same 8 teams who have been invited to join at present