British Speedway Forum

PL Fours, Peterborough, 15/07

And;.., it’s the same criteria for every club, every year this crap gets spouted about the qualifying for the fours.

It is pretty tiresome, some teams make it, some don’t.

So tiresome that you've found it necessary to comment not once, but twice!!!!!

I don't necessarily buy into having Qualifiers.

With the unpredictable British weather we are seeing some clubs every year struggling to fulfil there fixtures and I can see adding what is a one of type fixture further complicate things.

But do think that to maximise interest in Finals you need to have as many teams competing as possible, and those on their current form.

So why not have the top 12 out of the 13 teams competing on the day,

Pick the 12 teams with best combined averages from this season not rolling averages.

Split them into 3 groups of 4.

Each rider from each team has 2 rides each.

The winners from each group goes through to the Final.

The 3 team that finish 2nd in their group each nominate a rider to ride in a run off to winner gets their team through to the Final.

Then the 4 teams then compete the Final where each rider takes two rides.

For me that means that you don't have a potential fixture problem, more clubs racing in the event means more fans will travel to event and more money made..

• Like 1

With the unpredictable British weather we are seeing some clubs every year struggling to fulfil there fixtures and I can see adding what is a one of type fixture further complicate things.

But do think that to maximise interest in Finals you need to have as many teams competing as possible, and those on their current form.

Pick the 12 teams with best combined averages from this season not rolling averages.

The 3 team that finish 2nd in their group each nominate a rider to ride in a run off to winner gets their team through to the Final.

For me that means that you don't have a potential fixture problem, more clubs racing in the event means more fans will travel to event and more money made..

Every year someone comes up with a solution.....but nothing ever changes.....clearly a waste of time,

You talk too much sense spinny!!

The bottom line is, many years ago somebody suggested lets have a 4 TT ,qualifying rounds and a Final on a neutral track would be the fairest way to go they said. Great success and good day out for fans of the 8Teams that made the Final. Promoters then decide this is a good thing lets change it so as nobody has a clue about the tournament and we can change the rules every year to suit us,just like all the other rules in Speedway .PROBLEM SOLVED. :o

• Like 1

One possible solution could be to seed the holders to the Finals each year if they are not in the top 8 going then select the next 7? Otherwise leave as the 8 if it includes holders?

Berwick from memory missed out same as Ipswich now in 2003.

Giving the current system we are enjoying,thats as good an idea as any.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if it's been posted already, but how much is this for student entry, out of interest? Though sadly it clashes with an alternate fixture I want to attend, it may have been a nice day out. Just curious if it's a decent price!

With the injury hoodoo hitting again will Newcastle still be in the 4's ??

All the best to Richie and Lemo btw.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

You mean will Ippo sneak in :) hopefully lemo will be back for then.

With Dak out also I dont think the Witches would be next in line anyway - would they??

Sure Dak tweeted he planned to ride thurs...lemo should be back anyway or close if nothing has been broken, so it will probably be irrelevant.

Good news if they are both back.

Best of luck to Newcastle for the 4's then!

Hope this is a decent meeting :) The showground can be a great racing circuit if the conditions are good. Just got to recover from a stag night the night before and I should be there!