British Speedway Forum

PL Fours, Peterborough, 15/07

Enjoyed the meeting after some fairly dull first heats (1-3). I thought Berwick were well worth their win and deserved it but enjoyed seeing the Lions spirit run them close. Last 2 heats as good as anything your likely to see anywhere. Berwick and Leicester fans making it a great occassion. My only gripe for the day was why some Leicester fans don't give Ben Barker more credit I thought he was excellent yesterday as always??

Big up for the Lions riders at the end they showed some class in defeat and rewarded the supporters :)

Enjoy the silverware Berwick, it will be the only thing you win this season :P:rofl: , pity the large bunch of drunken idiots let you down , jeering at Leicester fans with two fingered actions , chucking empty beer cans , tut tut.....

Still more silverware than what your lot currently have at the moment for the season :party::P

Only just got on today, but what a day and what a performance that was! Alden and Ashworth were a class above the rest along with Barker while Bellego produced a superb ride win his 1st race in the final. And thankfully Complin got up from that fall to lift the trophy.

Will be getting the DVD for certain!

• Like 2

It may well be the only silverware we win, but we will take it, as we deserved it. And while there were a lot of drunken monkeys, I do not recall any jeering of the leicester fans, thats not to say it didnt happen tbough. In fact one leicester fan shook my hand, and said we deserved it.. Well done that man.

Most Leicester fans took it well and admitted the best team won. A couple of the Leicester fans I spoke to didn't see that 2 of their riders had the wrong race-jackets on in the semi-final (although they were correct in the final).

Wonder if we will get the chance to defend the title next year?