British Speedway Forum

Time For A Revamp Of The Gp's?

Personally i would like to se; top 5 qualifies directly to next season, 1 nominee and the rest through GP qualifiers.

Whilst I see merit in the sentiment of your point it would mean all of the riders entering the qualifiers or you would have he distinct possibility of a number of the genuinally top riders not in the series the next year. With the number of weekends needed to facilitate it this it would be logistically difficult.

This is great craic as we say here in Ireland!!! I'm going to have another 'go'.....if the 8th and 9th rider in qualifying heats have same points why shouldnt the rider who then goes into the semi but finishes in 4th not be rewarded??? He's gaining nothing at all over rider who finished in 9th in qualifiers. In other words why bother riding your backside off to reach semi if you gain nothing as some unfortunate soul has to finish last in semi and final too!!

Aw wwell I'm off to the tt races in Isle of Man tomorrow :party:

Edited by emerald tyke

This is great craic as we say here in Ireland!!! I'm going to have another 'go'.....if the 8th and 9th rider in qualifying heats have same points why shouldnt the rider who then goes into the semi but finishes in 4th not be rewarded??? He's gaining nothing at all over rider who finished in 9th in qualifiers. In other words why bother riding your backside off to reach semi if you gain nothing as some unfortunate soul has to finish last in semi and final too!!

Aw wwell I'm off to the tt races in Isle of Man tomorrow :party:

As has been stated he is gaining......he has the chance to win more points maybe just because of the number on his race jacket.Are you saying then that because he fails to use that advantage he should still be awarded even for coming last?just because of a race jacket........ :blink: