British Speedway Forum

Hi Rich - assume you know Mark Winwood? If so have a word, he's arranging for some riders to come along to Leicester on the 28th for a div 3 match, we should have several riders making their debuts for us. We use this as a development league and taking part not winning is what it's all about so not like your Wednesfield match at all!!!!!

Hi mate, yeah I know Mark I should see him on Sunday. I will have a word with him and see what he says. I know what you mean and it is good to Leicester are not like that. It was stupid the 2nd match as it is mostly kids and novices like me and Wednesfield put a couple of guys in who have riden a little while and so they went out ahead battling with each other.

Some of the lads are off to Poland on Monday as they are representing Birmingham in a Euro Club Championship. I am not sure what teams are going to be there but I know it will be a mix of British and Polish sides battling it out.

Hi mate, yeah I know Mark I should see him on Sunday. I will have a word with him and see what he says. I know what you mean and it is good to Leicester are not like that. It was stupid the 2nd match as it is mostly kids and novices like me and Wednesfield put a couple of guys in who have riden a little while and so they went out ahead battling with each other.

Some of the lads are off to Poland on Monday as they are representing Birmingham in a Euro Club Championship. I am not sure what teams are going to be there but I know it will be a mix of British and Polish sides battling it out.

Yep, went there for the last Euro Championships, Heardy was my lads team partner in the England team. Difficult place to go and get any sort of result I can tell you! Hope to see you at Slater St soon.

How international is cycle speedway?

I have seen mention of England, Poland and Australia. I believe there may be participation in Wales, Scotand, USA, Holland - not sure,

Does anyone have a full list of countries where the sport takes place please?

You have most of it covered there raceleader, Sweden, Ukraine and Russia can probably be added but at a very low level and New Zealand are just in the process of getting organised with the help of the Aussies

How international is cycle speedway?

I have seen mention of England, Poland and Australia. I believe there may be participation in Wales, Scotand, USA, Holland - not sure,

Does anyone have a full list of countries where the sport takes place please?

In the mid 60's wee,Granton Griffins Scotland rode in Hilversum against the Hollandsche Welpen. Dutch Lions. Different as it was on tarmac using road tyres.

Great visit,i went back a year later with a buddy hitch hiking but the hut we were going to kip in was gone. We then negotiated a deal at the nearby Amstelhuis.

The reformed Newcastle Cycle Speedway team are today taking on Edinburgh at Edinburgh, taking to the track 20 years since their last meeting.

The reformed Newcastle Cycle Speedway team are today taking on Edinburgh at Edinburgh, taking to the track 20 years since their last meeting.

I am sure we would all like to see an update on this meeting with names and scorers please. What league competition is this?

Here's an excellent look back to an early times Newcastle-Edinburgh cycle speedway clash. And loads more about defunct speedway proper tracks to be found on the actual website, so do please browse there as well. Here's the cycle speedway link

http://www.newcastlecyclespeedway.co.uk/

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Here's an excellent look back to an early times Newcastle-Edinburgh cycle speedway clash. And loads more about defunct speedway proper tracks to be found on the actual website, so do please browse there as well. Here's the cycle speedway link

http://www.newcastle...speedway.co.uk/

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

I found this a really absorbing cycle speedway site and a fantastic record of Newcastle and area cycle speedway over many years. However, I do not think that it is anyway linked to a motorcycle speedway website for Newcastle Speedway.

I am sure we would all like to see an update on this meeting with names and scorers please. What league competition is this?

Have PM'd Jack of Diamonds with your request. He is one of the riders involved, and missed last nights meeting of the Diamonds against Berwick to get stiff and sore legs today. He'll never learn. :lol:

Have PM'd Jack of Diamonds with your request. He is one of the riders involved, and missed last nights meeting of the Diamonds against Berwick to get stiff and sore legs today. He'll never learn. :lol:

SUNDAY APRIL 22 2012

Edinburgh 62

John Murphy 10 (4), Marcin Czarkowski 11 (5), Gav Kennedy 14 (5), Colin Cairney 2 (2), Tommy Lee 12+1 (5), Dave Baxter 9+2 (5) Derek Lee 1 (1), Chic Mackie 4+1 (3)

Newcastle 88

Mikey Parr 17+2 (5), Jason Keith 17+2 (5), John Wilson 15+1 (5), Terry Kirkup 9 (4), Gavin Parr 19+1 (5), Ashie Paterson 6 (4), Fred Mitchell 3 (2), Keith Oldham 2 (1)

SUNDAY APRIL 22 2012

Edinburgh 95

Chris Lee 15+1 (4 rides), Douglas Morgan 13+1 (4), Michael Lee 17+3( 5), Marcin Czarkowski 8+2 (3), Mark Lee 12+2 (4), Calum Slight 16 (4), Paul Kelly 8 (3), Ewan Kennedy 6+1 (3)

Newcastle 55

Fred Mitchell 12 (5), Keith Dyer 3 (3), Keith Oldham 3 (2), Jimmy Smith 5 (5), Neil Magee 11+1 (5), Norman Carson 6 (5), T Kirkland 11 (3), Ashie Paterson 4 (2)

SUNDAY APRIL 22 2012

Edinburgh 62

John Murphy 10 (4), Marcin Czarkowski 11 (5), Gav Kennedy 14 (5), Colin Cairney 2 (2), Tommy Lee 12+1 (5), Dave Baxter 9+2 (5) Derek Lee 1 (1), Chic Mackie 4+1 (3)

Newcastle 88

Mikey Parr 17+2 (5), Jason Keith 17+2 (5), John Wilson 15+1 (5), Terry Kirkup 9 (4), Gavin Parr 19+1 (5), Ashie Paterson 6 (4), Fred Mitchell 3 (2), Keith Oldham 2 (1)

SUNDAY APRIL 22 2012

Edinburgh 95

Chris Lee 15+1 (4 rides), Douglas Morgan 13+1 (4), Michael Lee 17+3( 5), Marcin Czarkowski 8+2 (3), Mark Lee 12+2 (4), Calum Slight 16 (4), Paul Kelly 8 (3), Ewan Kennedy 6+1 (3)

Newcastle 55

Fred Mitchell 12 (5), Keith Dyer 3 (3), Keith Oldham 3 (2), Jimmy Smith 5 (5), Neil Magee 11+1 (5), Norman Carson 6 (5), T Kirkland 11 (3), Ashie Paterson 4 (2)

What's the average age of the Edinburgh team? I reckon adding up Chic, Johnny Murphy and Dave Baxter would make my calculator work pretty hard! I've had many long, but happy days and weekends up there whem we rode in the same league, always a friendly place to visit.

Chic is a wonder, well over 70 and still going strong. On the day before this meeting he'd been riding in a vets meeting at Coventry. Johnny won't see 69 again. We couldn't match that, but it was our first competitive meeting for over 20 years. Some of us hadn't raced since about 1970. Still the "young vets" did us proud, especially John Wilson at 53, Terry Kirkup 61 and Ashie Patterson 59. The B team, average age 56 slumped to a heavy defeat against a very young combination team. My contribution? as normal, 3 lasts!!

To see a report of the meeting and photos, go to www.edinburghfalcons.co.uk

Also of interest if you want to see the highest standard of league racing, you can see full meetings from Horspath at ....... cycle speedway.tv

I read on The Spokesman on-line that a TV production company is discussing with the sport's governing body the possibility of screenng highlights of Elite League cycle speedway matches. Does anyone know if there have been further developments?

I read on The Spokesman on-line that a TV production company is discussing with the sport's governing body the possibility of screenng highlights of Elite League cycle speedway matches. Does anyone know if there have been further developments?

I also read that the talks had been put back to a new date still to be arranged.

I also read that the talks had been put back to a new date still to be arranged.

Can't say too much as the outcome will be put out as a press release shortly, but "positive" talks have indeed now taken place

Proper TV coverage, if it comes off, will be a tremendous boost for cycle speedway.

What an excellent thread this is and just goes to prove Cycle Speedway should have its place on this website and be included in the forthcoming Olympic games if only as a demonstration sport.

What an excellent thread this is and just goes to prove Cycle Speedway should have its place on this website and be included in the forthcoming Olympic games if only as a demonstration sport.

Which was something once being suggested. Still a hope that the rebuilt Eastway at Temple Mills/Ruckholt/Eton Manor after the OGs MAY contain a Cycle Speedway facility...