British Speedway Forum

1973 Poland V Great Britain Test Series

cityrebel

Hi Rebel,

I think probably, you'll find that was the 73 series of unoffficial World Team event organised by the Sunday Mirror. Run on a 'Round Robin basis'. They were 7 man teams, matches contested over the 13 heats normal league format. ..........May be wrong.....

Guess you must be wrong......the first post stated that it was from the 3 match series in Poland and then evidence was given for those 3 tests,so i don't know why we then get onto the British held event?

Would be an idea to get in touch with Brian Collins as he might just have the programmes from the Polish meetings

i matched the race jacket from that excellent website, but i don't know what heat format was used in those meetings.

the heat by heat results show it to be the classic 18 heat format - however, that doesn't help that much as it could be anyone of 5 riders (Louis, Reg Wilson, Ray Wilson, Betts or McMillan)!