British Speedway Forum

Stoke 2012

vog

How much did Sheffield win last season? Nothing?

How much did Stoke win last season? NL Pairs...

1-0 my friend.

And we even used a Sheffield rider to do it. At least he got success at a proper club ;)

Completely forgot you won the pairs last season :oops: Must've been weird seeing some pigs flying over Loomer Road. :P

Completely forgot you won the pairs last season :oops: Must've been weird seeing some pigs flying over Loomer Road. :P

Top of the league

KoC Finalists

Pairs Champions

British Ice Open Champion (Yes, I'm counting it)

I think that covers it for last season ;)

Feel sorry for Tim and James, on there day two very good riders, who always entertain the crowd, just goes to show when your average is high, you get punished for it, both riders have improved and now have been told they,re not in the team next season, So much for team building,

Dont understand your final comment, its not Stokes fault??

Stoke final GSA for their side was 47.10 according to the BSPA site, the limit for team building is 40. Something has to give to get within the limit for 2012.

Webster and Sargeant total 14.90, so the that brings the total down to 32.20, so adding Worrall brings it back to 39.95. That suggests at least one more rider from the top five will miss out to enable a side within the team building limit.

Unfortunate but thats speedway, and the price of success as Scunthorpe, Belle Vue and Mildenhall have also found out..

Edited by PhilK

Stoke final GSA for their side was 47.10 according to the BSPA site, the limit for team building is 40. Something has to give to get within the limit for 2012.

Webster and Sargeant total 14.90, so the that brings the total down to 32.20, so adding Worrall brings it back to 39.95. That suggests at least one more rider from the top five will miss out to enable a side within the team building limit.

Personally, I can't see Lambert or Isherwood being back, so thats another 14 points there for 3 riders, and that's assuming that Pickard doesn't go to Dudley (Now that Wolves own his contract) and Atkin is fit and ready for another season!

If not, it could be all change.

I would be happy with Ben Reade back, and Tim Nobes could be in contention. Past that, who knows.

I think the only survivors of this year's team will be Atkin and Pickard - they bigged Jaimie up at the end of season do and I was talking to Tats there and he more or less said Tony would be in if he wants to ride. Then again he also said he would sign Tim ! Ben Reade is a possible - fingers crossed.

.... and Vog - you can never write Gaz out of the team ! :wink::rofl:

There are rumours that Birks maybe headed our way - but his average is very close to Tim's.

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

I don't think Tim is over rated - he was pretty consistent scoring high points, until he wrote off two bikes in one meeting. Took him a while to adjust to his new machinery, but then injuries took their toll. He's also a good bloke who makes time to talk with the fans

I'm not knocking Worrall though - he rode well for us and against us - glad to have him in the team, just sad it's at the expense of Tim/ James - my son's gutted they were his two favourite riders - but sadly that's speedway

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

There are rumours that Birks maybe headed our way - but his average is very close to Tim's.

I'd heard the same whisper...but maybe it was a straight choice between the 2?

I'm really sorry to see Tim go, he's a good lad and a good talent, I know he's gutted. I hope he gets a ride soon as I know he's worried his high average will count against him.

Also sorry to see Sarj go - when on form he is so exciting to watch.

I'd have Tim in my team next year, really impressed with him when he came to Sheffield :approve:

That'll do for me! I think both Richie and Ash can push on for 9 point averages this season, and should form a very solid top 2. We apparently have a verbal agreement with Ben Reade, although Mildenhall are trying to scupper that, but if he comes back, that is 3 good sigings!

That'll do for me! I think both Richie and Ash can push on for 9 point averages this season, and should form a very solid top 2. We apparently have a verbal agreement with Ben Reade, although Mildenhall are trying to scupper that, but if he comes back, that is 3 good sigings!

Agree both could push for or achieve 9 point averages next year.

Hope Ben chooses the Potters.

Chuffed that Ben is back, I just hope that he has good machinery under him this year, as he showed at the back end of last season what he is capable of.

Still no idea who will fill in the gaps! Wouldn't surprise me to see Tim Nobes in as the other reserve, leaving us with more room at the top end.

So, Jaimie Pickard makes it 4 for Stoke. Comes in on a 6.87...no idea where he will slot in or who comes in with him! Glad to have him back though!