British Speedway Forum

Stoke 2012

vog

Well happy Jaimies back at Stoke. Goes well there. Think i might make a trip of two over to Stoke this year to keep up with our former Saints lads. Shapin up well here. :)

So, that leaves us with:

1. Ashley Birks 8.28

3. Jaimie Pickard 6.87

5. Richie Worrall 7.75

7. Ben Reade 3

Total 25.9 thus far. Leaves us with 14.1.

No idea who to have!

EDIT:

I think maybe Tim Nobes will be back as a second 3 point reserve. That leaves 11.1 for the other 2. Possible combinations I would like to see include

Brendan Johnson 5.52/Lewis Kerr 5.55

Stefan Nielsen 5.28/Mark Baseby 5.67

Paul Starke 5.89/Richard Franklin 4.84

Edited by vog

So, that leaves us with:

1. Ashley Birks 8.28

3. Jaimie Pickard 6.87

5. Richie Worrall 7.75

7. Ben Reade 3

Total 25.9 thus far. Leaves us with 14.1.

No idea who to have!

EDIT:

I think maybe Tim Nobes will be back as a second 3 point reserve. That leaves 11.1 for the other 2. Possible combinations I would like to see include

Brendan Johnson 5.52/Lewis Kerr 5.55

Stefan Nielsen 5.28/Mark Baseby 5.67

Paul Starke 5.89/Richard Franklin 4.84

Lewis Kerr has already been announced as a Y S

• 2 weeks later...

Tony Atkin makes it 5 signed on a 7.84

Very top heavy from Stoke,though a top 4 that could win meetings on their own!

I assume Mal is looking for 3s who will improve greatly - I certainly expect Ben to

Hopefully Ben will. Looks a very strong side for next year. If they can get another rider in on a 3 point average with plenty of room for potential. Stoke will certainly be going for the title.

Edited by shirlmeister general

Would lve to see Brendan Fremantle at reserve with Reade, that would leave around 3.26 for the final rider. No idea who s around on that!

Great to see Tony back but oh boy are we top heavy. 4 good riders and 3 3point riders will keep all the meetings very close. When our premier league riders are missing we will be in trouble.

Don't worry - your track will be waterlogged or there will be a power failure to cover the occasions when the PL boys are not there!!

• Like 1

...or the medic won't turn up!!!

We certainly had problems with power and the medics last year; although once with the medic not turning up was to do with a major smash on the M6 with at least one person losing their life. Not quite so funny then is it.? Still hope that things go smoother next year as Stoke supporters get as naffed off as everyone else when a meeting is called off.

• 1 month later...

First home meeting 31/3 - that's ages :(

No news on final 2 signings ?

Said in the Speedway Star that we were planning on holding an amateur meeting, and whoever shone would be the rider's we picked. Apparently invited around 20 riders to be a part of it.