British Speedway Forum

Gp Qualifier Berwick 16/6

After saying that it has started to come down heavier again! bloody british summer hey! Hopefully if the weather stays like this the FIM will have the brains to think pull it back 24 hours instead of letting them ride in the wet and poodle round for points and risk a bad crash

After saying that it has started to come down heavier again! bloody british summer hey! Hopefully if the weather stays like this the FIM will have the brains to think pull it back 24 hours instead of letting them ride in the wet and poodle round for points and risk a bad crash

If this weather keeps up thats my fear as it will turn it into a gating competition,with riders unable to move off the line infear of getting filled in,and thats no good to nobody.But as I posted the tracks been under covers for some time so the corners will be bone dry.

Perhaps delay the start a bit, it will be FTG but didnt expect much else at berwick.

Wash your mouth out. ;)

Unless the promotion has got an extension,our curfew time is 9-30,so a delay would be most un-welcome.

Still raining,still fairly light though.

Rains pretty heavy now. :blink:

If the covers have been left on, then all this rain at the moment is irrelevant.

The sun is peeking out as I type, so pretty sure this will go ahead.

On the planning issue, here is the link.

Berwick Town Council objected: that really is beyond belief.

http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/news/local-headlines/extra-rain-off-meets-secured-for-speedway-1-2350230

I gave you the political answer"i refer you to the answer i gave before" If you couldn`t be bothered to go back 1 page then it`s not my fault .

I didn't know it was on the previous page. I don't see post numbers so it could have been anywhere.

Decided not go in the end and my decision is proving to be correct; No racing and terrible track.

This all sounds very familiar. At least nobody caught aids from KFC this time.

True not the best of meetings but improved as meeting went on. Credit to the promotion though for just getting the meeting on. Also credit to the riders . Was well pleased tero qualified and was impressed with how facundo rode in these conditions. Well done bomber and danny king too. And to the critics out there berwick can't help the weather .☺

• Like 5

Well done to all for getting this on , pleased to see Lee get an outing , not sure why the FIM officials took over track prep leave it to the locals !!

• Like 1

Back from the meeting, yes it was not the best due to the weather but like said Berwick cannot help that. The promotion did their best to get the meeting on with covering the corners. It took a few heats for the track to get raceable and it was not a bad meeting in the end. I hope Berwick get another Qualifier next season and the weather is on their side as it is a lovely track and stadium.

• Like 2

Well the flaming june weather did its best get this meeting called off but once it started and a bit of track grading the track got better as the meeting progressed...some of the riders seemed to adapt better than others bomber,king,arannio,fisher,sundsrom seemed to "attack" the conditions.. i was impressed with the young argentinion rider falcu whatever his name is !! he nearly passed fisher in 1 race but overcoocked it on turn 2..once he sharpens up his gating he could be a useful rider...perhaps berwick can get some more big meetings on as all the criteria and facilities are in place to stage F.I.M. meetings the crowd was very good tonight would have been even bigger if not for the weather i would guess around 2000 maybe more turned up tonight...bigger and better things to come in the future...looking forward to the next big meeting. :wink:

• Like 2

Magnificent effort by track staff! FIM people must have been ultra-impressed by the arrangements and size of the crowd. Three or four times the attendance at Lakeside's recent FIM meeting, I understand.

The weather? No-one's fault -- schedule a big meeting in mid-June and surely expect a better two days that Friday and Saturday turned out to be. Horrendous downpour at about 4pm for nearly an hour, yet the track still held up.

Covering tracks has been suggested for years and years. Berwick have now proved covers make the impossible possible. John Anderson, George Hepburn and Ian Rae, all step forward and take a bow.

Racing was poor at first, better as the night wore on. Lee Complin's appearance raised the roof, and despite losing his steel shoe on (I think) the first lap, he still came a solid second.

Facundo Albin rattled a few cages. Was it really only his thirteenth professional speedway meeting?

All in all, pleased to be able to say " was there". It will surely not be the last big FIM night at Shielfield Park.

• Like 2

Magnificent effort by track staff! FIM people must have been ultra-impressed by the arrangements and size of the crowd. Three or four times the attendance at Lakeside's recent FIM meeting, I understand.

The weather? No-one's fault -- schedule a big meeting in mid-June and surely expect a better two days that Friday and Saturday turned out to be. Horrendous downpour at about 4pm for nearly an hour, yet the track still held up.

Covering tracks has been suggested for years and years. Berwick have now proved covers make the impossible possible. John Anderson, George Hepburn and Ian Rae, all step forward and take a bow.

Racing was poor at first, better as the night wore on. Lee Complin's appearance raised the roof, and despite losing his steel shoe on (I think) the first lap, he still came a solid second.

Facundo Albin rattled a few cages. Was it really only his thirteenth professional speedway meeting?

All in all, pleased to be able to say "I was there". It will surely not be the last big FIM night at Shielfield Park.

All in all, pleased to be able to say "I was there". It will surely not be the last big FIM night at Shielfield Park.

OK, sorry folks! Once would have been enough!