British Speedway Forum

Gp Qualifier Berwick 16/6

Cheers, understood how that question has been asked twice! Sorry didnt look!

However 9 go through to what? How many GPQ's are there

Please point me to the right post!

In the same section-"GP challenge 4 qualifiers Saturday 16th June " thread -5 in total 1 has already been run.there are 3 semi-finals all on the 30th June.5 from each then qualify for the challenge final at Gorican on 29th September

I don't have post numbers. Would have been quicker to just say 9 (thanks to Hunty for enlightening me).

Amazing isn`t it -You ask a question and don`t bother to check if someone has answered it-which i did 1 minute later-hunty the Brummie actually thanked me for giving the answer-so different from your post :mad:

Edited by racers and royals

Re-staging for this meeting will be tomorrow,hopefully the Berwick Council will have given the go ahead.

To be honest it looks like Berwick will do everything they can to get this meeting on tonight.The corners have been under cover with the straights left bare,whether practice goes ahead as planned at 11-30 this morning might be doubtful,as it has drizzled most of the night.

Right now its dull,misty and damp,there is very light drizzle falling.

Absolutely,though some of us can panic the sheepies more than others. :wink:

Screm, planning decisions are not decided by Berwick Council, they are made by The Unitary Authority for Northumberland at County Hall in Morpeth. Berwick have just applied for amendments to their planning stipulations, and in general have been passed. One request was for today, which was to allow practice sessions without the curfew of 6.30 pm to 9.30 pm, which was passed. The sceond was to change the stipulation of 4 rain off days on wednesdays, to any 4 days of the clubs choice, this was amended to any Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, but not on a Sunday or a Friday.

I am not aware they were given dispensation within the planning permission for this Sunday as that was not reported.

Forecast taken from Met Office site at 09.00.

07.00 to 10.00 fog

10.00 to 13.00 mist

13.00 to 16.00 light rain

16.00 to 19.00 heavy rain,

19.00 to 22.00 heavy rain.

22.00 to 01.00 light rain.

Forget about practice.....keep the covers on for as long as possible, to give the meeting the best chance to go ahead....mind it will be a miracle if its on the night...its to hoof it down at 7pm.

Agree with you,I think running practice would be a mistake,also it would be a job and a half taking off the covers only to have to put them back afterwards.As you say best keep them on.

Brighter than earlier,dont think its actually drizzling right now,but its forecast for rain for this afternoon.

Agree with you,I think running practice would be a mistake,also it would be a job and a half taking off the covers only to have to put them back afterwards.As you say best keep them on.

Brighter than earlier,dont think its actually drizzling right now,but its forecast for rain for this afternoon.

Yeah tiz dwizzle

Amazing isn`t it -You ask a question and don`t bother to check if someone has answered it-which i did 1 minute later-hunty the Brummie actually thanked me for giving the answer-so different from your post :mad:

But you didn't give me the answer, Hunty did which is why I thanked them.

As others have said, if it's possible for 4 riders to go round it'll go ahead. Shame for the fans who want to watch racing, but sadly the Berwick promotion wont have a say in the matter. Over the years i've seen some total farces in the rain for FIM meetings, get to heat 12 and go home. Lets hope those who aren't riding in Poland tomorrow, dig their heels in and refuse to ride if it's unraceable, then the good folk of Berwick will (hopefully) be treated to a proper meeting.

As others have said, if it's possible for 4 riders to go round it'll go ahead. Shame for the fans who want to watch racing, but sadly the Berwick promotion wont have a say in the matter. Over the years i've seen some total farces in the rain for FIM meetings, get to heat 12 and go home. Lets hope those who aren't riding in Poland tomorrow, dig their heels in and refuse to ride if it's unraceable, then the good folk of Berwick will (hopefully) be treated to a proper meeting.

IMO if they are going to start the meeting,which I think they will,then it should be with the intention of getting to Ht20,rather than lets run 12hts asap and call a meeting.

I hope also that now the practice has gone,the collection for Lee Richardson will still go ahead with buckets just inside the turnstiles.

• Like 1

Just got taxi back from town as turned into a drowned rat in that rain. Still coming down, not as fast now though. Shame if they cannot pull it back to Sunday as the weather forecast sounds better as alot fans have travelled for this one be good for them and for Berwick to put on a great show.

Just got taxi back from town as turned into a drowned rat in that rain. Still coming down, not as fast now though. Shame if they cannot pull it back to Sunday as the weather forecast sounds better as alot fans have travelled for this one be good for them and for Berwick to put on a great show.

Agree with you,as you say its not as heavy as it was and the clouds are a bit brighter,it would be a real shame if this weather turned the meeting into a fiasco,where the riders are just poodling round with no chance of racing their opponents.

Think you will find half the field in Poland on Sunday, with Elite fixtures on Monday, earliest would be Tuesday.

Wrong Poland have already agreed to postpone matches and the Elite matches would have to find guests.ie FIM meeting comes first

Then Monday would be the option, as Berwick do not have a facility for a Sunday, unless they were given dispensation for this meeting. If they have, it was not in the minutes of the planning meeting.#

However, seriously hope it will happen tonight, it would be such a shame for those who have travelled up for it

Edited by TOURETTES

Just leaving for this meet but not keeping my hopes up, cant make a rerun if its postponed :neutral:

Dont think it will be called off,the tracks been covered so I think they will run it no matter what weather comes our way,one things for sure,its going to be wet.