British Speedway Forum

New Zealand 2011-12

Jason Bunyan won the NZ title at Moore Park, West Melton (near Christchurch) this evening from Grant Tregoning, Dale Finch and Daniel McKinlay. Bunyan claimed his 7th NZ title when taking out the A Final after going through the heats and beaten.

Tregoning was excluded for touching the tapes when he clashed with Bunyan during the heats.

Qualifying Point. Bunyan 15, Tregoning 12, McKinlay 12, Bradley Wilson-Dean 11, Sean Mason 10, Anthony Knowles 10, Finch 9, Paul Hayes 9, Ryan Terry-Day 7, Ryan Moss 6, Jamie Moohan 5, Jack McRae 4, Peleti Woods 3, Kris Jemmett 2, Jeremy Godfrey 2, Ryan Bagshaw (res) 1, Craig Blackett 0, Scott Lang (res. dnr) 0

Semi Final. Finch 1, Wilson-Dean 2, Knowles 3, Mason (ef) 4.

Final. Bunyan 1, Tregonning 2, Finch 3, McKinlay (dnf) 4.

Supposedly this international Solo series is the major speedway event of the season in NZ (the SGP excepted), it is incredibly sad how bad the media coverage for this series is. One can not even find complete race results, or know where and when the meetings did or did not take place. Is there any sort of overall series points standings, or is it just a serious of fun events?

It's hardly been mentioned on the international pages of 'Speedway Star.'

Jason Bunyan won the NZ title at Moore Park, West Melton (near Christchurch) this evening from Grant Tregoning, Dale Finch and Daniel McKinlay. Bunyan claimed his 7th NZ title when taking out the A Final after going through the heats and beaten.

Tregoning was excluded for touching the tapes when he clashed with Bunyan during the heats.

Qualifying Point. Bunyan 15, Tregoning 12, McKinlay 12, Bradley Wilson-Dean 11, Sean Mason 10, Anthony Knowles 10, Finch 9, Paul Hayes 9, Ryan Terry-Day 7, Ryan Moss 6, Jamie Moohan 5, Jack McRae 4, Peleti Woods 3, Kris Jemmett 2, Jeremy Godfrey 2, Ryan Bagshaw (res) 1, Craig Blackett 0, Scott Lang (res. dnr) 0

Semi Final. Finch 1, Wilson-Dean 2, Knowles 3, Mason (ef) 4.

Final. Bunyan 1, Tregonning 2, Finch 3, McKinlay (dnf) 4.

well done to moore park running a great meeting! 54races.track held up well and there were hardly any accidents and no protests!!!! yay

... Final. Bunyan 1, Tregonning 2, Finch 3, McKinlay (dnf) 4.

The first lap of the final was electric. Jason led from the gate and through the first bend. Grant wound it on down the back straight and drew alongside of Jason and may have even been ahead going into the third corner but he drifted wide or ran out of room and was unable to catch Jason after that. That's how it looked to me - if anyone was sitting near the third corner I'd be interested to know what happened there.

Edited by peterh7

The first lap of the final was electric. Jason led from the gate and through the first bend. Grant wound it on down the back straight and drew alongside of Jason and may have even been ahead going into the third corner but he drifted wide or ran out of room and was unable to catch Jason after that. That's how it looked to me - if anyone was sitting near the third corner I'd be interested to know what happened there.

Erm I can't remember..... from in the box I do remember that the 1st lap was a good one with it looking like Grant was going to push Jason all the way, but once Jason rounded him it was 1 way traffic....

edit: Forgot to add that when Grant and Jason met, Grant clearly rolled into the tapes before Ryan Moss went through them. All of us in line with the tapes saw it, as the ref did too, but I'm not sure what it looked like from elsewhere.... is there anyone able to comment on if it could be seen from elsewhere in the stadium?

For Grant to then gesture towards the ref was a bit silly, but once he calmed down he set about his business well to earn the direct spot into the final... he tried to roll and just happened to get caught

Edited by thehammer

Erm I can't remember..... from in the box I do remember that the 1st lap was a good one with it looking like Grant was going to push Jason all the way, but once Jason rounded him it was 1 way traffic....

edit: Forgot to add that when Grant and Jason met, Grant clearly rolled into the tapes before Ryan Moss went through them. All of us in line with the tapes saw it, as the ref did too, but I'm not sure what it looked like from elsewhere.... is there anyone able to comment on if it could be seen from elsewhere in the stadium?

For Grant to then gesture towards the ref was a bit silly, but once he calmed down he set about his business well to earn the direct spot into the final... he tried to roll and just happened to get caught

I was on the pit gate in front of the start and could only see the riders not there bikes at gate 4 my view was partially blocked by Marshalls , I saw Ryan Moss move and touch tapes, but everyone (officials) straight away pointed towards Grant. I think the confusion if there was any was that Ryan thought he was out and moved to the grass.

It was a very good meeting. Well run and no controversial decisions or antics.

And I think i'm right in saying all Jason's races in each round were a good couple of seconds faster than the others.

was a hard one,i heard people saying godfrey touched them,but was he in the heat...?as for grant trying to roll!!!!!! grants not a cheater.hes a very honest rider in my books.and as for gesturing the ref,he was defending his title and emotions are high.ive seen alot worse than that.

I totally understand in that situation emotions were high, and as I said once he calmed down again he set about the business well and rightfully earnt his place in the final.... there has definately been a lot more shown.

It was definately Grant that was first to roll into the tapes, Godfrey was indeed in the race off gate 3, and could have then touched the tapes himself that set Ryan off who was the one that looked more obvious by it all. It was pointed out that Ryan was the one to go initially, but via the radio the ref then informed the other officials it was Grant who was then removed from the race.

I'm not trying to make out that Grant is a cheater, and in terms of New Zealand racers he is one of the professionals both in terms of set up and his approach. This was not the only race though he was moving at the start, whether he was just trying to pre guess the tapes of what, but it was definately not just the 1 heat

the ref at the riders briefing said he would only penalise touching the tapes, as our NZ rulebook doesn't penalise for moving forward.

is that due to not being able to detect the between moveing forward or racing due to the speed being pretty much the same :P

Moore Park calendar:

http://www.moorepark...z/calander.html

I think the internationals are riding at Ruapuna on Saturday 7th January. So two meetings on successive nights in Christchurch.

I hope it is on the big track and not on the training track on the infield.

I know this is rather belated but is there a complete schedule available for the recent Sunday News Elf Oils International Solo Series?

All that is needed is the full itinerary - the date of the meeting and the track. Also, any details of the track and date if a meeting in the series was called off.

Thank you for any help that may be forthcoming.

Edited by speedyguy

I know this is rather belated but is there a complete schedule available for the recent Sunday News Elf Oils International Solo Series?

All that is needed is the full itinerary - the date of the meeting and the track. Also, any details of the track and date if a meeting in the series was called off.

Thank you for any help that may be forthcoming.

I especially need the main final results for the Rosebank meetings on Sundays January 15th and 29th. If heat details could be available that would be excellent. Thanks.

I especially need the main final results for the Rosebank meetings on Sundays January 15th and 29th. If heat details could be available that would be excellent. Thanks.

I now have the January 29 details. I just need an update for Rosebank Sunday January 15 please.

I now have the January 29 details. I just need an update for Rosebank Sunday January 15 please.

I have had these results sent over for Rosebank January 15. Are they correct - can anyone confirm their accuracy please?

ESULTS;-

Heat 1;- Jason Bunyon (GB) 1, Andrew Aldridge (Chch) 2, Anthony Knowles (Chch) 3.

Heat 2;- Hynek Stichauer (Czech Rep.) 1, Sean Mason 2, Ritchie Hawkins (GB) 3.

Heat 3;- Jesper Kristiansen (Den) 1, Chris Mills (GB) 2, Jamie Moohan 3.

Heat 4;- J. Bunyon 1, H. Stichauer 2, J. Moohan 3.

Heat 5;- A. Aldridge 1, S. Mason 2, C. Mills 3.

Heat 6;- J. Kristiansen 1, R. Hawkins 2, Dale Finch (Chch) 3.

Heat 7;- J. Bunyon 1, C. Mills 2, No Third

Heat 8;- J. Kristiansen 1, A. Aldridge 2, Dylan Hancock 3.

Heat 9;- S. Mason 1, J. Moohan 2, A. Knowles 3

Semi-Final 1;- H. Stichauer 1, S. Mason 2, R. Hawkins 3.

Semi-Final 2;- C. Mills 1, J. Bunyon 2, J. Moohan 1.

B- Final ;- R. Hawkins 1, J. Kristiansen 2, J. Moohan 3.

A-Final ;- C. Mills 1, S. Mason 2, R. Hawkins 3.

Handicap Final; J. Christiansen 1, R. Hawkins 2, J.Moohan 3.

I have had these results sent over for Rosebank January 15. Are they correct - can anyone confirm their accuracy please?

ESULTS;-

Heat 1;- Jason Bunyon (GB) 1, Andrew Aldridge (Chch) 2, Anthony Knowles (Chch) 3.

Heat 2;- Hynek Stichauer (Czech Rep.) 1, Sean Mason 2, Ritchie Hawkins (GB) 3.

Heat 3;- Jesper Kristiansen (Den) 1, Chris Mills (GB) 2, Jamie Moohan 3.

Heat 4;- J. Bunyon 1, H. Stichauer 2, J. Moohan 3.

Heat 5;- A. Aldridge 1, S. Mason 2, C. Mills 3.

Heat 6;- J. Kristiansen 1, R. Hawkins 2, Dale Finch (Chch) 3.

Heat 7;- J. Bunyon 1, C. Mills 2, No Third

Heat 8;- J. Kristiansen 1, A. Aldridge 2, Dylan Hancock 3.

Heat 9;- S. Mason 1, J. Moohan 2, A. Knowles 3

Semi-Final 1;- H. Stichauer 1, S. Mason 2, R. Hawkins 3.

Semi-Final 2;- C. Mills 1, J. Bunyon 2, J. Moohan 1.

B- Final ;- R. Hawkins 1, J. Kristiansen 2, J. Moohan 3.

A-Final ;- C. Mills 1, S. Mason 2, R. Hawkins 3.

Handicap Final; J. Christiansen 1, R. Hawkins 2, J.Moohan 3.