British Speedway Forum

New Zealand 2011-12

A bit of bad news from the Shaky Isles - http://www.stuff.co....ckland-speedway - with Andrew Aldridge and Chris Mills both taken to hospital after a crash at Auckland's Rosebank Speedway.

Hope both are okay.

The international riders are running a training day at Waikaraka Park Speedway on Saturday 28th January ... 1pm til 6pm... with technical help and training offered, from bike preparation, engine and clutch management to getting out of the gate.... price is $20 please call 0212661825 if you are keen to attend...

Now, that's value for money. £10!!!

Top 5 from the 1st Elf / Sunday News International Speedway Series 2012 Meeting from Moore Park:

1st Jesper Kristiansen

2nd Jason Bunyan

3rd Hynek Stichauer

4th Chris Mills

5th Andrew Aldridge

Did the solo meetings ever take place at Waikaraka Park? Were set for January 14 and January 21? Nothing on the track's website.

Also the one set for Napier was called off - because it clashed with the restaging of the NZ Stockl Car Championship at Gisborne.

Did the solo meetings ever take place at Waikaraka Park? Were set for January 14 and January 21? Nothing on the track's website.

Also the one set for Napier was called off - because it clashed with the restaging of the NZ Stockl Car Championship at Gisborne.

Yes Ritchie Hawkins won both meetings, there's one next weekend too.

I have just received this PM re Waikaraka Park. Any more to add to it - is it correct?

"There was no meeting on the 14th and the meeting on the 21st was won by Ritchie Hawkins from S Mason and J Moohan."

That tends to contradict message 28 from my old pal kiwi!

21st meeting

Jason Bunyan, Jesper Kristiansen, Ritchie Hawkins, Sean Mason, and Jamie Moohan... qualified as the top 5 of 8 riders to make the preliminary final. With Jason winning all 3 of his heats on 9 points, followed by Jesper on 8, Ritchie on 7, Sean on 5 and Jamie on 3... Bunyan won the preliminary final - followed by Mason, Hawkins, and Moohan - Kristiansen pulled up. The A Final was re - run after Bunyan crashed, Kristiansen unfortunately did a chain, and had to pull up...and Hawkins showed why Waikaraka is his favourite track by winning to Mason, and Moohan...

14th meeting

12 riders competed

Grant Tregoning

Andrew Aldridge

Dale Finch

Anthony Knowles

Jason Bunyan

Jesper Kristiansen

Chris Mills

Ritchie Hawkins

Hynek Stichauer

Sean Mason

Dylan Hancock

Jamie Moohan

3 qualifying heats to find top 8 riders, into to semi finals

top 2 riders in each semi into A final

bottom 4 into B final

winner of B final goes into 5 rider A final

Ritchie Hawkins won the B Final

Ritchie Hawkins won the A Final.

From memory Jason. Jesper. Chris Mills and Sean Mason were the other finalists. can't remember the finishing order sorry.

Supposedly this international Solo series is the major speedway event of the season in NZ (the SGP excepted), it is incredibly sad how bad the media coverage for this series is. One can not even find complete race results, or know where and when the meetings did or did not take place. Is there any sort of overall series points standings, or is it just a serious of fun events?

• 2 weeks later...

So the New Zealand Solo's Championship takes place next weekend at Moore Park.... Can the GP Superstar Jason Bunyan make it 7, or will there be a new Champion?

If anyone wants I can do some live updates for the meeting, maybe a few heats at a time as I'll probably be doing the timekeeping again too.... If anyone was up I can try send messages direct, or I can put results onto Facebook which would probably be easier!

Supposedly this international Solo series is the major speedway event of the season in NZ (the SGP excepted), it is incredibly sad how bad the media coverage for this series is. One can not even find complete race results, or know where and when the meetings did or did not take place. Is there any sort of overall series points standings, or is it just a serious of fun events?

https://www.facebook...202324549852897 plus various NZ forums and http://www.speedway.co.nz/ - Bavarian

Edited by BigFatDave

Speedway New Zealand Solo Grand Prix (not SGP)

Oreti Park Invercargill

Jason Bunyan 15 max to reach final

Final

1st Jason Bunyan

2nd Paul Hayes

3rd Dale Finch

4th Anthony Knowles

Grant Tregoning disqualified while 2nd for crossing the pole lin

Hello

Can anyone post result from NZ U21 held in Rosebank at 11th December? I can find only first three riders, no any details...

I was reading a Speedway star that was sent over from start of January yesterday and it has those results in... I will try and find later when I get home from work and see what details are in it