British Speedway Forum

New Zealand 2011-12

• 1 month later...

Moore Park calendar:

http://www.moorepark.co.nz/calander.html

I think the internationals are riding at Ruapuna on Saturday 7th January. So two meetings on successive nights in Christchurch.

I hope it is on the big track and not on the training track on the infield.

not this one, as racing dates with the council had to be confirmed before GP was announced, but next season we should be able to sort something.

There is probably a practice night at Rosebank on the Wednesday before the the GP

If I get a chance I'll try put the results from the last 2 meetings at Moore Park up.... in brief though Andrew Aldridge won both, without dropping a race..... Grant Tregoning is currently struggling with an injury and despite a couple attempts to race has been unable to and actually withdrew before the meeting on Saturday

Why isn't there a meeting on the sunday after the GP? I'm sure it would attract a huge crowd..

Because of noise issues with Speedway in Auckland, we have to submit our race dates six months in advance.We share our ground with a karting track who also have to submit dates, so once set that's it. At that time of submitting dates the GP was still being negotiated - let alone a date for the GP being sorted. Now we know it is here for 3 years we will hopefully be able to work it into our plans.

The other point is the same few people involved in making sure the SGP is a success in Auckland are the same few who would need to organise the other meeting. So I think this year it is essential we concentrate on getting the GP right first.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Quite enjoyed the meeting. 50+ races.

Not too much passing in the International series. Bunjan passed Tregoning in the first heat and battled his way through to second in the final.

Tregoning and Aldridge were the best of the Kiwis. If they gated then the Internationals found it hard to pass them. Tregonings fall in his last heat cost him a place in the final.

I guess the disapointing thing for me was the lack of improvement from last year in any of the locals who rode. There is still no-one apart from perhaps Tregoning able to mix it at Premier League level.

The sidecars were entertaining and their were a few promising looking guys in the support events. There was one lad from Invergargill that got a start in the C Final and was competitive until he fell while second.

I guess the disapointing thing for me was the lack of improvement from last year in any of the locals who rode. There is still no-one apart from perhaps Tregoning able to mix it at Premier League level.

I would add Andrew Aldridge into that too, he is certainly quick enough, the big difference in class between the 'Internationals' and the Kiwi's was the commitment into the corners to pass. The Kiwi's seemed a little too hesitant and as such backed off the throttle where as the Internationals forced their way through and wouldn't back off.

Anthony Knowles is a rider for a couple of years that has gradually progressed, but yesterday was probably the worst meeting I've seen him ride at Moore Park for a while... possibly a slightly slicker track, or the awe of the other riders, but on his day he can certainly be a spoiler.

Sean Mason and Bradley Wilson-Dean also certainly put in a lot of effort and didn't give up, but bar Aldridge and Tregoning the Internationals were certainly a different class.

The sidecars were entertaining and their were a few promising looking guys in the support events. There was one lad from Invergargill that got a start in the C Final and was competitive until he fell while second.

Jack McRae was the guy that came up from the support class to the C Final.... he definately looked smooth on the bike... did try a cheeky one to stay in the re-run after Knowles wiped out Daniel McKinlay as he wasn't under power and was making his way to the infield, but he seemed to know he should be out of the re-run when he was informed and just laughed it off.

Results:

A Final:

1. Jesper Kristiansen

2. Jason Bunyan

3. Hynek Stichauer

4. Chris Mills

5. Andrew Aldridge

B Final:

1. Chris Mills

2. Grant Tregoning

3. Ritchie Hawkins

4. Daniel McKinlay

5. Dale Finch (fell)

C Final:

1. Daniel McKinlay

2. Sean Mason

Fell (not under power at time of stoppage) - Jack McRae

Excluded (for wiping out McKinlay) - Anthony Knowles

DNS - Bradley Wilson-Dean

Results from Ruapuna 7 Jan

Heat 1

Bunyan 3, Tregoning 2, Blackett DNF, Kristiansen Ex Tapes

Heat 2

Aldridge 3, Hawkins 2, Finch 1, Wilson-Dean DNF

Heat 3

Mills 3, Stichauer 2, Mason 1, Knowles 0

Heat 4

Mills 3, Tregoning 2, Wilson-Dean 1, Stichauer 0

Heat 5

Aldridge 3, Knowles 2, Kristiansen 1, Hawkins 0

Heat 6

Bunyan 3, Finch 2, Mason 1, Blackett 0

Heat 7

Kristiansen 3, Mills 2, Tregoning 1, Hawkins 0

Heat 8

Knowles 3, Aldridge 2, Wilson-Dean 1, Bunyan F

Heat 9

Mason 3, Finch 2, Stichauer 1, Blackett 0

Solo C Final

1st Stichauer , Hawkins EF, Jemmett DNF

Solo B Final

1st Finch , 2nd Tregoning , 3rd Stichauer , 4th Knowles , 5th Kristiansen

Solo A Final

1st Bunyan, 2nd Mason, 3rd Mills, 4th Aldridge, Finch DNF

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elf-Sunday-News-International-Speedway-Series-2012/202324549852897

News and photos on facebook