British Speedway Forum

Have received the following and been asked to post same here:

Rye House Speedway Press Release

Ace of Herts Update

Rye House promoter Len Silver and team manager John Sampford have been forced into a last minute scramble to fill two spots in the season ending Ace of Herts championship at Hoddesdon following the late withdrawal of two competitors. Former Rocket Tai Woffinden had been aiming to return from the sidelines for the event, but has been forced to admit defeat in his recovery. Plymouth star Ben Barker, meanwhile, has been taken to hospital for an operation, with no additional details available at time of writing.The 12 rider field otherwise includes Lewis Bridger, Olli Allen, Kevin Doolan, the 6 Silver Ski Rockets and Ben Morley.Additional to the main event, the night will feature the King of Herts Short-track event, a giant fireworks display and the Me Rocket award in the Longbar at the conclusion of play.The action gets underway at 6pm tonight.

So the most important piece of information isn't even there, who are the replacements?...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree.someone must know? I was not aware that Ben Barker was a very late withdrawal ,maybe they are still phoning round for replacements..

So the most important piece of information isn't even there, who are the replacements?...

Still waiting for David Mason and Barrie Evans to answer their voicemail

......... anyone know the attendents

I don't know about attedents (sic), but if you mean attendants then I heard that Wee Jock Poo Pong McPlop, the lavatory attendant at Glasgow Central Station was planing a visit. Mind you given that's there is no Woofy or Barker he might have given it a miss!!!!!

Mason replaces Woffinden.

Nobody replaces Barker. :blink:

Quality Mason and a blank:lol: How many were in attendance tonight 250-300!!??

Is it true the crowd now throw the £2 to Len :blink:

Made the last minute decision to go and regretted it for the rest of the evening... One of the most tedious and non eventful speedway meetings I can remember. No incidents of note, apart from Neathy crashing out, and little to entertain what looked to be the best attendance of the year... Gawd knows what any first timers thought of that... The short track wasn't much to write home about. A bunch of wobblers in the main, negotiating their way gingerly around the track. One guy was lapped twice by Nelson in the final!

The highlight of the night was an 8 minute 33 second firework display. That says it all.

The chip bar ran out of food before the end, the burger stall ran out of chips half way through the meeting and even the tea bar ran out of lids, then cups!

To top it all I heard that Len couldn't agree terms with Auty and Aspregen, so gawd knows what kind of side we'll be putting out next year!

All in all a pretty crappy evening... Wish I'd stayed a home, and not for the first time this year!

Wrong!

Well at least some things never change

But seriously very dissapointed to read Shadders posting, this finale should have been a great ending to the season , but it sounds a non event!

Was hoping Auty would be Rye bound, but if the rumour is true, then it seems a case of not wishing to part with the folding again from Len :(

Made the last minute decision to go and regretted it for the rest of the evening... One of the most tedious and non eventful speedway meetings I can remember. No incidents of note, apart from Neathy crashing out, and little to entertain what looked to be the best attendance of the year... Gawd knows what any first timers thought of that... The short track wasn't much to write home about. A bunch of wobblers in the main, negotiating their way gingerly around the track. One guy was lapped twice by Nelson in the final!

The highlight of the night was an 8 minute 33 second firework display. That says it all.

The chip bar ran out of food before the end, the burger stall ran out of chips half way through the meeting and even the tea bar ran out of lids, then cups!

To top it all I heard that Len couldn't agree terms with Auty and Aspregen, so gawd knows what kind of side we'll be putting out next year!

All in all a pretty crappy evening... Wish I'd stayed a home, and not for the first time this year!

Pretty much sums it up for me as well Shads.

The tea bar also ran out of sweets and the bar ran out of plastic glasses. :rolleyes:

If the rumour I herd tonight is true about a rider already lined up for next year then Len has reached the lowest of the low and he won't see me in the future – I really do hope someone is winding me up. :nono:

Have to put my hands up, I was wrong about the crowd although the majority were visitors, predominately Ipswich fans.

The 12 man format just doesn't work and why Len has persisted with this is just mind boggling.

Some riders meet each other in 3 out of their 4 races – how is that a competitive meeting.

Why you cannot arrange 12 decent riders with a couple of reserves at this time of the season is just such a poor showing from a promoter with Len's knowledge and contacts. To then only have 11 riders with no reserves is just taking the proverbial out of the paying public.

Well done to all the riders that did race tonight and a huge well done to Kevin Doolan. :rofl:

Have to agree with shadders pretty poor show with an incomplete line up ,,several races with only two riders after Cris Neath had to withdraw from the meeting after 1 ride, witnessed by a bumper crowd,,Shame i believe efforts were made throughout the day to find available riders without success Yes Rob Mear was there but someone told me he has sold all this seasons equiptment .(dont quote me on that).. Found the Flat track racing totally boring..Had the feeling that many had a light hearted attitude to the meeting and were there for their last speedway fix of the season and to say goodbye to the riders and loads of people stayed on for this and the atmosphere was good in the bar.. Len had a big thank you for all the fans, But there was little indication of what the team might be next year.. FINAL 1ST Kevin Doolan 2nd Jordon Frampton and 3rd Ollie Allen 4TH Nelson who probably ruined his chances in the final by winning the Flat track final over 12 laps prior to the final..Oh ,,and the fireworks was a pretty good show, Though i would have prefered that money spent on a full line up of riders..(Just my opinion)..what next season brings remains to be seen....