British Speedway Forum

A little early, but as riders are being added on a regular basis I thought I'd get this going...

Riders announced so far:

Tai Woffinden

Ben Barker

Kevin Doolan

Lewis Bridger

Olly Allen

Chris Neath

Jordan Frampton

Steve Boxall

James Brundle

Ben Morley

Ritchie Hawkins

Nelson

Reserve: was announced, but I forgot the name!!

There will be short track racing featuring Nelson, plus we're promised a "gigantic" firework display!!

Edited by Shadders

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little early, but as riders are being added on a regular basis I thought I'd get this going...

Riders announced so far:

Tai Woffinden

Ben Barker

Lukasz Sowka

Kevin Doolan

Lewis Bridger

Pontus Aspgren

Plus 2011 Rockets

There will be short track racing featuring Nelson, plus we're promised a "gigantic" firework display!!

Will he be bringing Hardy? :lol: As for the fireworks, I expect it will be three sparklers, a rocket and one of those whining things that sounds like Felipe Massa. :wink:

Actually I'm seriously considering this meeting as my final little piece of speedway action for 2011.

All the best

Rob

Riders announced so far:

Tai Woffinden

Ben Barker

Lukasz Sowka

Kevin Doolan

Lewis Bridger

Pontus Aspgren

Plus 2011 Rockets

Be interesting to see what Pontus & Lukasz do.

Be interesting to see what Pontus & Lukasz do.

Very interesting as Lukasz has been spoken of as a possible Rocket in 2012.

This is a must see meeting for me... Only 4 more this year including this... Ipswich & Berwick at home, plus Newport vs Berwick next Saturday

Edited by Shadders

Very interesting as Lukasz has been spoken of as a possible Rocket in 2012.

This is a must see meeting for me... Only 4 more this year including this... Ipswich & Berwick at home, plus Newport vs Berwick next Saturday

Me too, four meetings left but not all the same. Mine are Ipswich, Witches v Sheffield, the '16 Lapper' concluding with the 'Ace of Hearts.'

I know I have mentioned this before but I do not understand why the meeting has been put back to 6PM to accomodate the firework display which has been very impressive in the past. As am typing this (6.55pm) it is already almost dark. By then, the clocks will have gone back meaning it will be dark by 6PM anyway. However, the later start might influence fans with younger kids in their families not to attend bearing in mind the following day is the first back to school after the half-term break.

Edited by tocha

I know I have mentioned this before but I do not understand why the meeting has been put back to 6PM to accomodate the firework display which has been very impressive in the past. As am typing this (6.55pm) it is already almost dark. By then, the clocks will have gone back meaning it will be dark by 6PM anyway. However, the later start might influence fans with younger kids in their families not to attend bearing in mind the following day is the first back to school after the half-term break.

It will be as dark as it's gonna get well before 6.30, so a 6pm start makes no sense whatsoever!!

If Len is so concerned about the "X-Factor" factor he could have a 5pm start and be done by 7.15, enough time for most Rye fans to get home by the 8pm start time if they are that desperate to watch it!!.. It will be as dark as it's gonna get by 6.15, the racing would be over by 6.45, possibly later.

Edited by Shadders

When is this meeting???

How much is admission (adult & child)???

The date is in the thread title Screamer, Sunday 30th, 6pm... Usual Rye prices apply, £16 adults, £5 for kids 12-16, under 12's free.

Edited by Shadders

Dear Uncle Len

I'm going to be 6 years old four days after the Ace of Herts, my dad hates X-Factor/Strictly Dancing shows and wants a reason not to watch and to watch last speedway of season. Problem is mum will not let me go because I have school next day.

Please do something about the start time so I can come and see the fireworks!

Thanks

Joe

Dear Uncle Len

I'm going to be 6 years old four days after the Ace of Herts, my dad hates X-Factor/Strictly Dancing shows and wants a reason not to watch and to watch last speedway of season. Problem is mum will not let me go because I have school next day.

Thanks

Joe

Well said although this is probably 'Old Bob from Herne Bay' in disguise.

Dear Uncle Len

Thanks

Joe

The 6pm start time is even more baffling as BST ends at 2am on Sunday morning, meaning it'll be dark by 5.15, 45 minutes before the meeting starts!!... Perhaps they're having the fireworks before the racing!

Edited by Shadders

The 6pm start time is even more baffling as BST ends at 2am on Sunday morning, meaning it'll be dark by 5.15, 45 minutes before the meeting starts!!... Perhaps they're having the fireworks before the racing!

Could the later start time be due to riders flying in from abroad I wonder?

Could the later start time be due to riders flying in from abroad I wonder?

Only one I can think of is Sowka, but there is no reason why he can't fly over on Saturday... The initial reason given for the later start was so that the fireworks could be seen clearly, but clearly that's nonsense!

Edited by Shadders

It's not that big an issue, i'm looking forward to this, as long as it'll be a 16 rider field. Will be my last speedway action of 2011 so let's hope it doesn't disappoint!

Is it going to be a 16 man field, or will they continue with the rubbish 12 man fields where at least 7 of them are Rye riders from 1st or 2nd team?I won't bother if it's the latter.

Is it going to be a 16 man field, or will they continue with the rubbish 12 man fields where at least 7 of them are Rye riders from 1st or 2nd team?I won't bother if it's the latter.

Six riders already named, plus Neath, Frampton, Hawkins, Brundle, Boxall and Nelson = 12... Ben Morley probably on stand by should any of them pull out

Pontus Aspgren has withdrawn through injury... Ben Morley and Olly Allen added to the line up

No mention of Lucus Sowka who was initially lined up to ride and a Rockets place in 2012, but has has licence problems.

Edited by Shadders