British Speedway Forum

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

May 2015 Elitserien attendances: average under 2000 from 9 matches

So far this year (8 matches): average over 3000.

- could just be the weather (very warm and sunny at the moment) but it will be interesting to see if it can be sustained.

I thought the current methanol used is exactly that, a biproduct from the paper industry aka"Skogsrest". .?

I don't know but according wikipedia, methanol was originally made from wood but "modern" methanol fuel is made from Methane gas (extracted from natural gas),

however no sources are cited although Encyclopaedia Britannica also says the same.

Edited by Ghostwalker

• 2 weeks later...

Smederna have had a huge crisis financially but thanks to hard work from a small team of people, this season have been saved.

One of those who have been working "day and night" to bring in money is Smederna's veteran Magnus Zetterström. He also managed

to convince the riders in tomorrow's lineup to ride for a discounted salary that only cover's their costs.

http://ekuriren.se/sport/1.4101573-gladjebesked-for-smederna

I'll still don't have much appetite for speedway at the moment so I have out R&R in charge for the meeting talk threads.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 3

Well for once there is some positive news. Filbyterna in Linköping have finnally been able to install airfences in both of the tracks and they aim to re-start the league participation within a few years.

However for now the track is only approved as a practice track. http://www.corren.se/sport/filbyterna-kan-se-framat-igen-om4167014.aspx

FNC Gnistorna have decided to pull out from both Allsvenskan and Div1 this season due to increasing financial difficulties.

They are a very old club who after many years in hibernation started up again in the end of the previous decade with a team in Div1 and then

together with Smederna moved up to Allsvenskan for the 2011 season. However they have had problems with attracting any descent number of

spectators and sponsors. Last week they only had 300 paying spectators so to avoid crashing the club completely they have decided to pull out.

They are located in Malmö (Sweden's 3rd biggest city) which in itself is located at the south western tip of the southern most province in Sweden

called Skåne (Scania) and they don't any other "rivalling" speedway team anyway near. Lejonen is the closes speedway team (in Sweden) some 220km away.

It seems to be the same problem with Malmö as with Göteborg and Stockholm where there no longer are any active teams in Allsvenskan or Elitserien.

In general the bigger cities (let's say 15 biggest cities) have either not team at all or a team that is either struggling one way or another or just a team in div1.

http://www.gnistorna.se/aktuellt/nyheter/20160613-sasongen-avslutad/

Sad to hear - I was wearing my Gnistorna cap at Belle Vue last night. I visited Hammarby last month and it is sad to see the state of speedway in the city that gave us the legendary Getingarna, home of the mighty 'Mich'.

Dennis Jonsson who is riding for Valsarna, broke his neck a couple of days ago. He is expected to recover fully but will be out for the remainder of this season.

He is replaced by Jooa Partanen. I have never heard about him before but according to the article he is a former Finnish U21 championship silver medallist.

http://www.speedwaynyheter.se/2016/06/15/partanen-klar-valsarna/

So F-S-P what can you tells us about him?

Szymon Wozniak and Artur Czaja are sacked by Piraterna and are replaced by Robert Miskowiak and Damian Balinski.

http://www.speedwaynyheter.se/2016/06/17/wozniak-far-lamna-piraterna-polack-ersatter/

Ironic that Wozniak is dropped by his Swedish club after his Polish club ordered him to quit his British team.

With the Elitserien having a new play-off system this season-top 4 meet each other home and away(points reset to zero) with the top 2 after the 6 matches each(3 H 3 A) meeting in the grand final. I have confirmation of the play off dates.

Tues August 23rd

Tues August 30th

Tues September 6th

Wednesday September 7th

Monday September 12th

Tuesday September 13th

Tuesday September 27th Grand final 1st leg

Wednesday September 28th grand final 2nd leg

• 3 weeks later...

Dennis Jonsson who is riding for Valsarna, broke his neck a couple of days ago. He is expected to recover fully but will be out for the remainder of this season.

He is replaced by Jooa Partanen. I have never heard about him before but according to the article he is a former Finnish U21 championship silver medallist.

http://www.speedwaynyheter.se/2016/06/15/partanen-klar-valsarna/

So F-S-P what can you tells us about him?

Better late than never...

He rode in Vetlanda lag cup for Valsarna and was there to show what he can do. For one and another reason his actual debut was moved a few times. But by now you know that he qualified from Varkaus for the U21 European final and is one of the key riders in the Haukat team. Machinery is his problem, lack and age of it, but I know there are things happening to make that right. I guess his biggest international achievement so far is passing Zmarzlik in U21 wc quali last year and keeping him behind for 3 laps.... = ) It takes some doing with the scrap he was riding with back then..

• Like 1

Swedish final line-up for Saturday

Startlista: Uppdaterad 2016-07-12

1. Kim Nilsson, Vargarna

2. Mathias Thörnblom, Gnistorna

3. Linus Eklöf, Griparna

4. Thomas H Jonasson, Elit Vetlanda

5. Pontus Aspgren, Vargarna

6. Alexander Edberg, Eskilstuna Smederna

7. Andreas Jonsson, Rospiggarna

8. Mikael Max, Dackarna

9. Peter Karlsson, Lejonen

10. Oliver Berntzon, Vargarna

11. Ludvig Lindgren, Valsarna

12. Jacob Thorssell, Västervik

13. Antonio Lindbäck, Indianerna

14. Linus Sundström, Masarna

15. Peter Ljung, Dackarna

16. Fredrik Lindgren, Indianerna

17. Viktor Palovaara, Valsarna

18. Magnus Karlsson, Örnarna

Hi all,

Stream is working fine-end of a football match on now

http://tvsport.pro/channel/302/

May Smederna triumph and Ghostwalker wave to us from the terraces and congratulations to Henrik Stenson for his wonderful victory :t: Alan.