British Speedway Forum

Swedish 2021 Season (info on 1st page with signings, rules and etc).

Tuesday's tv meeting will be Vargarna vs. Valsarna.

http://www.canalplus...date=2012-08-14

Looks like there will be a few changes to the official provisional line-ups declared on Sunday. Scott Nicholls will be absent for Vargarna.

As for Valsarna, i've been trawling the Swedish media (via Google Translate) and it would appear Rider Replacement will be in operation for Grigory Laguta, despite the fact he is riding in Poland on Monday night and Russia on Thursday. Added to that Krzysztof Buczkowski didn't ride in England this evening due to back pain. So i guess he could be questionable too.

For those who download the MiniMax racecards direct from the webpage, i can make changes late in the day once confirmations are published. I will be checking frequently in the morning (and afternoon) Swedish and Polish sports media and speedway sites.

UPDATE Tuesday 10:20

For Vargarna Peter Kildemand moves up into the team proper replacing Scott Nicholls and Adam Skornicki comes in at reserve.

For Valsarna, as expected, Rider Replacement operating for Grigory Laguta and Krzystof Buczkowski is currently listed as starting. It's amazing how once commitments to Elite League matches have passed riders recover to race in other leagues :wink:

Source http://www.nt.se/nyh...ticleid=7870207

Piraterna v Vetlanda on Tuesday and we have to watch above. :mad:

The televised match isn't exactly a dead duck though in that they are both fighting for the last play-off slot.

Edited by manchesterpaul

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently decisions about new rules for Elitserien next season have already been taken, although no official statement is available.

• average cap is lowered to 9,750 /// to low in my opinion, needs to be at least above 10.125
  • Mandatory U21 is scrapped. ///i think that i would prefer it to stay.
  • It will be mandatory with minimum three Swedes in each lineup . ///nice idea but where these riders come from?
    Answer is hey will be taken from the teams in Allsvenskan.
  • Its just rumour but it seems that the guestrider system is very unpopular with someone since its
    rumoured that it will go away. A Very very bad idea and in combination with 3 Swedes per team,
    this could seriously hurt Allsvenskan.

Edited by Ghostwalker

• 2 weeks later...

Some news for next season.

Niels-Kristian Iversen have signed a new contract with Indianerna, i think it was for two years.

Västervik's team manager Mikael Messing will not continue as team manager for neither

Västervik or any other team. Mikael says that its due to his current work situation.

Ikaros Smederna's young Polish rider Szymon Wozniack have said to media that he would like

to stay with Smederna the next season regardless of which series Smederna will be in.

confirmed rule changes for next season:

Elitserien

• Average cap lowered to 10.000 from 10.500
  • Minimum three Swedish licensed riders per lineup
  • U21 rule is scrapped
  • two guestriders allowed, however their combined average is not allowed to be greater then 2.000
  • average floor is lowered to 8,250
  • 2013, Swedish U21 riders gets a 25% average bonus (25% lower season starting average)

Allsvenskan

• Average cap lowered to 10.000 from 11.250
  • Minimum 4 Swedish riders per lineup, at least one needs to be a U21 rider
    and at least one needs to be a U23 rider
  • Squad is allowed to have 8 riders with an average greater then 0,500
  • Two guestriders allowed, only one of the guestriders can have an average greater then 2,000
  • average floor at 7,500

Division 1

• race days Saturdays and Sundays only
  • no other changes in rules or heat schedule

Junior league

a new junior (u21) league is started.

It will be mandatory for each Elitserien team to enter a team in this league.

Each junior league team will have 3-4 meetings per season. Each team team consists

of 2 or 3 riders at race day. The teams u23 riders have to ride in the junior league and

they are not allowed to race anywhere else when their JL team have a meeting.

Guest riders

teams are now allowed to temporarily replace an injured guestriders with another Swedish uncontracted

rider who's average cannot be greater then the floating average of the injured rider.

http://www.svemo.se/sv/Grenar/Speedway/Nyheter/Regelandringartillsasongen2013/

• 2 weeks later...

Valsarna's appeal regarding elite license have been rejected while Hammarby have been approved.

Valsarna's place in Elitserien will be offered to Vargarna.

Apparently they are appealing the appeal and have two weeks to do so, can you confirm this? They are quoting that it's only on a single matter which is to do with the processing of paperwork and unknown to them something wasn't handed in in time. I only briefly read a news article so i'm not sure.

Apparently they are appealing the appeal and have two weeks to do so, can you confirm this? They are quoting that it's only on a single matter which is to do with the processing of paperwork and unknown to them something wasn't handed in in time. I only briefly read a news article so i'm not sure.

They do have two weeks to appeal, some article says that its only a document that is required, other articles SSI says

that Valsarna still owes money to former riders. So i'll guess we'll have to wait and se.

Oliver Berntzon says that for next season the most optimal for him would be to ride for

Smederna in Elitserien, Lejonen in Allsvenskan and a Polish Liga I team.

http://www.ikarossme...ews&newsid=2483

I think it would be wise by Smederna to sign him for next season especially

since his average in Elitserien will be 0,500 which means that he will not take a place

in the squad. Other riders I'd like to keep is PK, Zorro, Kenni and Szymon.

That means that Smederna would need another 3+2 riders.

3 for the squad and 2 guestriders.

Perhaps Smederna could try to get Buczkowski back.

Its also clear that Valsarna will not be in Elitserien next season after being hit

by a 500'000kr tax penalty by the Swedish Tax-authority (Skatteverket).

Vargarna will be offered Valsarna's place and if they say no Rospiggarna will get the offer.

Edited by Ghostwalker