British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2012

Rob Branford, HAS to be the choice, Blackbird isnt ready yet, Starke seems to have gone back, Webster guested for The Heathens up at Stoke, and won only one race, on that form he wouldnt be my pick, and was well beaten by Birks, Worrall and Perry, and they are the riders he would be comparable to.

Rob Branford is still under 21, Buxton his home track wouldnt be unlike the SBA, he has gating ability, and is a trier unlike some, I suspect earlier in the season, he had problems with Bike set ups, which led to him being dropped by was it Redcar?.

Lewis Blackbird; 23 years old 2011 NL average 7.01

Paul Starke; 21 years old NL Av 5.89

Tim Webster; 25 years old NL Av 8.43

Rob Branford 18 years old NL Av 8.54

Study them and make your choice, and in all honesty who appears the most likely prospect.

To be totally honest, I cant really see why Gino is riding in the PL at the expense of a young brit, he is never going to get any better.

Edited by greyhoundp

Rob Branford, HAS to be the choice, Blackbird isnt ready yet, Starke seems to have gone back, Webster guested for The Heathens up at Stoke, and won only one race, on that form he wouldnt be my pick, and was well beaten by Birks, Worrall and Perry, who are the riders he would be comparable to.

Rob Branford is still under 21, Buxton his home track wouldnt be unlike the SBA, he has gating ability, and is a trier unlike some, I suspect earlier in the season, he had problems with Bike set ups, which led to him being dropped by was it Redcar?.

Indeed it was Redcar. He's not gone too badly at the SBA in the past and he did have a full season in the PL last term. Not sure he'd be that much better than Franchetti but then Gino's GS is only 3.07 this season anyway so worth a punt imo. Won't happen but I'd give it a go.

Rob Branford, HAS to be the choice, Blackbird isnt ready yet, Starke seems to have gone back, Webster guested for The Heathens up at Stoke, and won only one race, on that form he wouldnt be my pick, and was well beaten by Birks, Worrall and Perry, and they are the riders he would be comparable to.

Lewis Blackbird; 23 years old 2011 NL average 7.01

Paul Starke; 21 years old NL Av 5.89

Tim Webster; 25 years old NL Av 8.43

Rob Branford 18 years old NL Av 8.54

Study them and make your choice, and in all honesty who appears the most likely prospect.

To be totally honest, I cant really see why Gino is riding in the PL at the expense of a young brit, he is never going to get any better.

I am not so sure. Branford's performances at NL level this season haven't been that impressive and he never looked like scoring points at Redcar.

I think Blackbird would be a much better choice.

There you go guys Jerran Hart, just released by Scunthorpe, now he can win races,and get occasional double figures, Mr Bowden needs to move fast, and get him in quickly, does his average fit 4.40?, and when are the new averages out ? soon i think, and that may be the time to make a move.

Edited by greyhoundp

There you go guys Jerran Hart, just released by Scunthorpe, now he can win races,and get occasional double figures, Mr Bowden needs to move fast, and get him in quickly, does his average fit 4.40?, and when are the new averages out ? soon i think, and that may be the time to make a move.

I believe, although i might be wrong, his average means he could only replace James holder as its too high to replace one of the reserves, so I'll stick with jimmy thanks

I think the rider you are talking about guested for us last year, i don't think he will make the team that much stronger, but something must be done, because the reserve department in Plymouth's team is the weakest in the PL, but then we knew that before the season started.

I believe your thinking of mudgway who is a new zealander not an Aussie, I'm guessing the Aussie in question Ksiezak and he didn't guest for us last season as he was injured.

If your going to bring Tim into the team you have to give the lad time to settle, i like Tim and at the SBA he is has good a NL rider has any club or no club, if Mike Bowden is thinking to bring in a NL rider then we could do no better than Tim, he is helping Ryan Fisher at the moment, so i'm not sure if he want's to ride full time now, but the last time i saw Tim ride a meeting at the SBA involving NL riders he was unbeaten by any rider.

The last time Tim was in premier Leauge action at the SBA was for Edinburgh and scored 1+1, 0,2,0 =3+1. So not an improvement for the tream IMO. "has no NL club " tells you everything you need to know.

When Tim rode for Edinburgh last season he was in some disarray, he had several falls, suffered a great deal of machine damage and was having issues with one of his engines, travelling to Edinburgh every week was not one of his better ideas, but hindsight is wonderful.

The machinery issues are resolved, he raised his average last year with Stoke who could not, or would not, fit him into their team plans this season because of that high average, effectively punishing good performance.

This does not do anything to encourage young riders.

He was in demand early this season as a guest for NL clubs, which does indeed tell me everything I need to know thank you.

Why would anyone want to use an unprofessional foreigner in their team who can't even be bothered to clean his bikes between meetings, particularly when an English lad who lives locally has no ride and couldn't really do any worse?

• Like 2