British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2012

Most seem to be forgetting an important point about James Holder, he has been riding for the last 2 years with an undiagnosed shoulder problem, that has now been sorted out and for the first time there will be a very fit James Holder, I think that could make a very big difference.

The questions about Lanham doubling up with a Friday night Elite track must have been sorted a while ago or havent you 'experts' noticed that Newport were also going to ride on a Friday.

Your spot on that's why i said that Summer's maybe riding in the home meeting's, riding in the PL must be Lanham's main job i would think, and only riding for Coventry when Summer's isn't available, it must be the same agreement he would have if still riding for Newport.

Edited by Devildodger

not an expert mate thats why i asked the question,but further investigation appears newport were goin to ride alot of matches on saturdays/sundays aswell as the occasional friday none of of us are experts not even you

Most seem to be forgetting an important point about James Holder, he has been riding for the last 2 years with an undiagnosed shoulder problem, that has now been sorted out and for the first time there will be a very fit James Holder, I think that could make a very big difference.

The questions about Lanham doubling up with a Friday night Elite track must have been sorted a while ago or havent you 'experts' noticed that Newport were also going to ride on a Friday.

I dont claim to be, but Plymouth are riding a number of fixtures on a Saturday and at least I put my money where my mouth was and promoted the best racing track in the UK until the miners wanted their pit back.

Indeed I forgot we will be racing a fair few on Saturday's, can't say I had much of a clue about Newport but if Lanham has indeed signed I'm sure things are sorted for both Plymouth and Coventry.

Indeed I forgot we will be racing a fair few on Saturday's, can't say I had much of a clue about Newport but if Lanham has indeed signed I'm sure things are sorted for both Plymouth and Coventry.

Like you say Mike, if indeed Lanham is going to sign this would have been sorted, it's in Coventry's advantage that Lanham keep's busy other than riding for them, and i'm sure Leigh will want to get a ride in the PL.

Edited by Devildodger

if he dosnt get a pl ride he cant double up would have to go full time to take his place at coventry

And i'm sure that's not in Coventry's plan's, i would think that Summer's would be there first choice, with Leigh Lanham just to cover him when needed, but you are right about him going full time, and the same would apply to Summer's now unless Lanham can find a PL spot, but i would think both would want to go PL full time.

Edited by Devildodger

I'd hate to see a rider like Lanham out of a job, but to be honest it was his club that has gone to the wall so it would be very harsh on Boxall to lose a place he was told was his.

I agree Steve, to be honest myself Boxall was very good when he came down with Rye House, and if he was promised a place then that would be wrong to not to give the place to him, but it would no surprise me if Mike Bowden gave the place to Lanham, but it's not what you know, it's who you know.

Edited by Devildodger

Lanham will give it his best you can be sure of that lets not forget the last two clubs Boxall raced for apart from Rye... Somerset were peed about big time as were Newcastle.

Lewis i think that could be the deciding point in signing Lanham, it would be very hard on Boxall, but i can understand the reason if Mike Bowden changes his mind and signed Lanham, has you say he is not the most reliable of rider's.

Lanham is a solid PL performer and will score more points than Boxall of that i have no doubt. I put Plymouth bottom or near to it of my prediction table because of the long long tail. But swapping Boxall for Lanham would change my thinking slightly.

A top 3 of Barker, Fisher and Lanham is the best top 3 in the league by a distance. While the rest look ropey to say the least, those 3 will score enough points alone to make sure you are competitive in most meetings.

Team riding by these 3 is essential. Its a pity with a side made up like this that the tactical rule has been tinkered with. I could see an awful lot of 8-1's in heat 13 for Plymouth but alas that will no longer be possible with the no tactical after heat 12 rule.

Edited by CardinalSin

Lanham is a solid PL performer and will score more points than Boxall of that i have no doubt. I put Plymouth bottom or near to it of my prediction table because of the long long tail. But swapping Boxall for Lanham would change my thinking slightly.

A top 3 of Barker, Fisher and Lanham is the best top 3 in the league by a distance. While the rest look ropey to say the least, those 3 will score enough points alone to make sure you are competitive in most meetings.

Team riding by these 3 is essential. Its a pity with a side made up like this that the tactical rule has been tinkered with. I could see an awful lot of 8-1's in heat 13 for Plymouth but alas that will no longer be possible with the no tactical after heat 12 rule.

I would have thought with that top 3 there would be very few TR's. They'd score about 38 points a meeting between them, then there would be the gifted points in heat 2, 8 and 12 or 14 making 41. You only need the bottom 4 to score 5 real points. I could see this team doing quite well.

Edited by SCB

Also shuts up the people that claim Bowden is too tight to pay for quality riders.

It looks a tidy side, combined with Glanz's potential and Cockles solid form at the tail end of 2011, if Holder can maintain his solid 4.5 form and Franchetti comes on a little, it will be a top team!

May get a cheeky bet on them at the bookies!

You know that phrase just when you think he couldnt do anything more to surprise me , he pulls a complete unknown out of the hat well there just could be another rabbit about to come out of the hat.

Gino is now back in Italy and his first stop was due to be the GM factory for a new engine, dont forget when he switched to a GM instead of the Jawa last year he went from scrubbing around on 2 and 3 to 9 and even 11