British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2012

Roynon is past N/L standard and is simply keeping a young Brit out of aTeam Place IMO and probably costing a little more regarding points money,simiiar to the Barker & Gjedde situation regarding P/L places.

Roynon need a spell in the National League to regain his confidence after all the injuries he has sustained over the last 2 years, he is British and needs a little help to get things together again and how can you have the audacity to accuse him of keeping a brit out of a team place, I you will find that it is mostly the Australians doing that IMO if they do not hold a UK passport then they can’t have a team place in the national league and if they claim English partiality then they should choose which flag they are going race under before they sign a contract.

There are too many young hopefuls this season that can’t get a team place and to name one is the British 500cc under 16 Champion Nathan Stoneman who, according to the Speedway Star last week, is desperate to get a team place to advance his career

• Like 1

Roynon need a spell in the National League to regain his confidence after all the injuries he has sustained over the last 2 years, he is British and needs a little help to get things together again and how can you have the audacity to accuse him of keeping a brit out of a team place, I you will find that it is mostly the Australians doing that IMO if they do not hold a UK passport then they can’t have a team place in the national league and if they claim English partiality then they should choose which flag they are going race under before they sign a contract.

There are too many young hopefuls this season that can’t get a team place and to name one is the British 500cc under 16 Champion Nathan Stoneman who, according to the Speedway Star last week, is desperate to get a team place to advance his career

Audacity is not the right word, I don't make the rules and you think the your opinion regarding the rules is the correct one, which is not the case.

Audacity is not the right word, I don't make the rules and you think the your opinion regarding the rules is the correct one, which is not the case.

And I suppose your opinion is correct.

As I said IMO why should they come over here with an aussie passport and ride as a brit then when they think that they are good enough they want to ride for Australia, why should we train them to ride against us

And I suppose your opinion is correct.

As I said IMO why should they come over here with an aussie passport and ride as a brit then when they think that they are good enough they want to ride for Australia, why should we train them to ride against us

You can suppose anything you like,that is your opinion :wink:

Unfortunately, I doubt we will. I don't see any sign that he is anywhere near the form of 2008 when he was dynamite.

He averaged 6.8 with bonus points in 2011 and in the last month was averaging 8.5. While that's not the near 9 he was getting for Brum it's damn close. Just a shame hell never get the 2-3 years he's lost back even if he has fought his way back to that level. I'm hopefull he's still got it in him to be a very good EL rider, he's clearly got the balls and determination and I think that can get you a long way in speedway where the difference between winning and losing is minute, despite how it may actually look on track at times. Edited by SCB

Plymouth

1. Ben Barker (9.87)

2. Ryan Fisher (9.69)

3. Steve Boxall (5.69)

4. Brent Werner (5.57)

5. James Holder (4.44)

6. James Cockle (3.69)

7.. Nicki Glanz (3.00)

There will be atleast one more change to this team before they line up.

It's 2 changes from being a pretty decent team. They need a couple of second strings.