British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2012

great signing for plymouth,ryan,s a very good rider and with barker a deadly pair,they wont let down the devils and it wont suprise me both of them in the top five this year.

Great signing for the Devils , certainly adds an extra bit of spice to our KO Cup tie . :D

Has Fishers signing been confirmed and approved by bspa ? As i had heard that because didn't ride in premier league last year and because of average could not drop down and was this rule that stopped Simon Stead and another rider dropping down

I may be wrong, and as the Rules & Regs for 2012 have yet to be published,

its difficult to be sure, but I thought that only applied to those riders who were looking to double up.

great signing for plymouth,ryan,s a very good rider and with barker a deadly pair,they wont let down the devils and it wont suprise me both of them in the top five this year.

Should be fun watching the two of them in the same race.

you are correct he didnt get a prem average last year so he cant double up unless he signs for a team that has a promotor with the bspa in his back pocket then they will make a lop hole that allows him to double up

like Barker and Gjedde in 2010 for 2011? You no longer need a PL average the season before.

I may be wrong, and as the Rules & Regs for 2012 have yet to be published,

its difficult to be sure, but I thought that only applied to those riders who were looking to double up.

I was under the impression that if your EL average was over 6pts your were not allowed to double up unless you rode in the PL in 2011(Barker and Gjedde being examples) Fisher was 6.01.

I was under the impression that if your EL average was over 6pts your were not allowed to double up unless you rode in the PL in 2011(Barker and Gjedde being examples) Fisher was 6.01.

Did that not change when the conversion factor changed from 50% to 60% between the PL and the EL.

Did that not change when the conversion factor changed from 50% to 60% between the PL and the EL.

Haven't a clue,Averages and stupid rules are just killing the sport IMO,can see why fans just walk away and new fans just think its a joke .sport.Doubling-up and in Roynon's case Trebling-up should be banned IMO. Edited by Fromafar

Haven't a clue,Averages and stupid rules are just killing the sport IMO,can see why fans just walk away and new fans just think its a joke .sport.Doubling-up and in Roynon's case Trebling-up should be banned IMO.

Yeah because that way young riders that are learning get hammered, lose confidence and have nothing to fall back on to earn money ala Sedgmen.

The d/u rule is needed to help riders (in particular Brits) develop however the rules for doing so should be tightened up. Perhaps age, average or nationality could be considered. The likes of Barker / Gjedde are 7 point men in the EL these days and so they aren't going to improve by racing PL (other than their bank accounts). However riders like Lawson, Newman, Auty need to be riding both to continue developing.

A squad system would no doubt help the cause which I'm very much in favour of.

Edited by Mikeyt
  • Like 2

Yeah because that way young riders that are learning get hammered, lose confidence and have nothing to fall back on to earn money ala Sedgmen.

The d/u rule is needed to help riders (in particular Brits) develop however the rules for doing so should be tightened up. Perhaps age, average or nationality could be considered. The likes of Barker / Gjedde are 7 point men in the EL these days and so they aren't going to improve by racing PL (other than their bank accounts). However riders like Lawson, Newman, Auty need to be riding both to continue developing.

A squad system would no doubt help the cause which I'm very much in favour of.

I agree that if there is to be d/u it should be for British riders only.

Haven't a clue,Averages and stupid rules are just killing the sport IMO,can see why fans just walk away and new fans just think its a joke .sport.Doubling-up and in Roynon's case Trebling-up should be banned IMO.

Agree with MikeyT on this one, Adam Roynon was gaining his confidence at the latter of last season after a series of horrific injuries, riding in 3 leagues can only be better for him getting more rides and bringing him on whereas the likes of Fisher,Barker and co don't need the confidence boosting and should remain the EL making way for the Pl riders who don't have team places. I think after a certain average in the EL you shouldn't be able to double up/down

Agree with MikeyT on this one, Adam Roynon was gaining his confidence at the latter of last season after a series of horrific injuries, riding in 3 leagues can only be better for him getting more rides and bringing him on whereas the likes of Fisher,Barker and co don't need the confidence boosting and should remain the EL making way for the Pl riders who don't have team places. I think after a certain average in the EL you shouldn't be able to double up/down

Roynon is past N/L standard and is simply keeping a young Brit out of aTeam Place IMO and probably costing a little more regarding points money,simiiar to the Barker & Gjedde situation regarding P/L places. Edited by Fromafar

Roynon is past N/L standard and is simply keeping a young Brit out of aTeam Place IMO and probably costing a little more regarding points money,simiiar to the Barker & Gjedde situation regarding P/L places.

Agree , there is no reason whatsoever why Adam Roynon should be riding in the NL anymore .

Agree , there is no reason whatsoever why Adam Roynon should be riding in the NL anymore .

It is quite ridiculous that Roynon is riding in the National League, Premier League and Elite League. Im afraid we also have one at Stoke in Richie Worrall. The knock on effect is that it denies a rider a team place in the National League and with only 8 teams there are a lot of capable enthusiastic riders with no team place. Can never be right.