British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2012

You know with all the talk of good crowds down at Plymouth, i wouldnt be surprised to see Mike Bowden running an NL team for 2012, may be worthwhile running under an Exeter banner or something like that.

WE DO NOT WANT HIM CONNECTED WITH EXETER IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM, EXETER HAS A GOOD REPUTATION LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY.

Here endeth the rant

Edited by CMO

You know with all the talk of good crowds down at Plymouth, i wouldnt be surprised to see Mike Bowden running an NL team for 2012, may be worthwhile running under an Exeter banner or something like that.

For a forwarding thinking promoter trying to develop assets for his senior side and prepared to accept a loss in doing so, maybe.

Doesn't sound like Mr Bowden to me.

i dont think fan should get on the clubs back as u ask Oxford fan they would love speedway back but cant and plymouth still have speedway.

One thing about Plymouth is that it is profitable so Bowden isn't going to shut it down because he makes a lot of money from it. You also have to understand that while all fans complain about their promotions from time to time, aside from the fact that he is undeniably responsible for the Devils being existence I have never heard a good word about him from anyone, and the closer you get to Devon the more vitriolic the criticism becomes.

It is possible that the club will shut down because of the loss of their lease but, from what I have heard, that is far more likely if he is still there at the point that it is renegotiated because along with everyone else he has apparently upset the college that own the site too.

For a forwarding thinking promoter trying to develop assets for his senior side and prepared to accept a loss in doing so, maybe.

Doesn't sound like Mr Bowden to me.

One thing about Plymouth is that it is profitable so Bowden isn't going to shut it down because he makes a lot of money from it. You also have to understand that while all fans complain about their promotions from time to time, aside from the fact that he is undeniably responsible for the Devils being existence I have never heard a good word about him from anyone, and the closer you get to Devon the more vitriolic the criticism becomes.

It is possible that the club will shut down because of the loss of their lease but, from what I have heard, that is far more likely if he is still there at the point that it is renegotiated because along with everyone else he has apparently upset the college that own the site too.

Now there’s a surprise

Yes. It is the rights and the speedway licence and assets. There are not many clubs actually where they own the venue, most are rented.

I would go as high as 98% main man.

So here we are at last, just what everyone has ranted and raved about........Plymouth Speedway is for sale.

Where are you all now...............checking your bank accounts, by all intents and purposes the club should now be in one of the forum members capable hands :rofl:

Well I never, you can complain, moan and groan(it`s your right) but oh dear. Oh dear, do it dont just spout about wanting a new owner. Yes you can, but can you really be the one to make that difference :party:

Good luck Mike with your new track, hope it`s as successful as the one the Plymouth knockers nearly bought from you :P

So here we are at last, just what everyone has ranted and raved about........Plymouth Speedway is for sale.

Where are you all now...............checking your bank accounts, by all intents and purposes the club should now be in one of the forum members capable hands :rofl:

Well I never, you can complain, moan and groan(it`s your right) but oh dear. Oh dear, do it dont just spout about wanting a new owner. Yes you can, but can you really be the one to make that difference :party:

Good luck Mike with your new track, hope it`s as successful as the one the Plymouth knockers nearly bought from you :P

is that you in your avitar pic !

:o R*ger me with a prize winning leek: A Bowden fan. Why not start a fan club - in a year or so you might find someone else.

I don't think anyone has stated that they want to buy the track. That does not prevent them from saying that they want someone else in charge at SBA if the circumstances justify it and here most would say they undoubtedly do.

It remains to be seen whether Plymouth Speedway will be sold or if Bowden is just throwing his toys out. Word I have is that there are at least two groups interested.

I also can't help but wonder how much he wants for it. Based upon his own confirmation that it makes a loss (he says in Speedy Star he pays to go to work), has only £4,000 in assets and a valuation of -£31k, how much do you think ? £5,000 ? £500 ? 50p ?

Further word I have is £100k. I am no expert, but that sounds a little pricey given his assessment of the financial position.

The thing is Mr Bowden has created an exceptional situation: he is despised by almost everyone in speedway. The BSPA have no time for him, and that was the principle reason why they were initially excluded from the PL. Read Tsunami's posts and he has apparently had the hard word about future conduct from them. As I have said before, I haven't heard a good word about him from anyone at SBA, so he has created a unique position where the BSPA and the fans are united in their views.

I genuinely hope that new buyers for the track are found and that Plymouth go from strength to strength. There are some terrific people there and they deserve nothing less.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Could this be Mr Bowden in drag :rofl: or is it somone who works in the bar at the SBA :drink:

• Like 1