British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2012

What has the fact that it is a catholic school got to do with it? At the end of the day they own the land if they want a certain price or don't want to sell it that is their perrogative.

And you know what was said at the meeting then, because Godfrey was there and i think he would know a lot more than anyone what was said don't you.

He would know if they do want to sell the land, if they don't want to sell the land, and if because the land belonged to a Catholic School they want more for it, unless you were at the meeting you would not like me have a clue about what was said at the meeting, would you, or have you got inside information ?.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 1

And you know what was said at the meeting then, because Godfrey was there and i think he would know a lot more than anyone what was said don't you.

He would know if they do want to sell the land, if they don't want to sell the land, and if because the land belonged to a Catholic School they want more for it, unless you were at the meeting you would not like me have a clue about what was said at the meeting, would you.

I am not questioning what was said at the meeting.........obviously. It just seemed a strange thing to say without any other reference to the fact that it is a catholic school. Sorry.

I am not questioning what was said at the meeting.........obviously. It just seemed a strange thing to say without any other reference to the fact that it is a catholic school. Sorry.

Perhaps the College have stated to those involved that their reasoning for wanting a higher price was because they are a Catholic School. Not sure what difference it would make but perhaps they feel it makes a difference.

Perhaps the College have stated to those involved that their reasoning for wanting a higher price was because they are a Catholic School. Not sure what difference it would make but perhaps they feel it makes a difference.

Not ten times the difference Mike, i bet they didn't pay more for it when the owners of the land before sold it to them because they were a catholic school.

There is a going rate for everything, and that is what the buyer will want to pay, i can understand the College wanting to get the best deal for the land, but so will the people buying the land, and usually they will meet somewhere in the middle, but in this case the College don't seem to want to do that.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 1

They were actually given the land by a Devon County Council Department many years ago, friends have had experience in the past of negotiations over church freehold farm rents, they always want more rent than a commercial company would.

They may want an inflated amount but if people/organisations are not prepared to pay over the odds then they wont get what they want. I do appreciate however, with a speedway facility, it is a completely different matter as you cant just walk away and lay down a track elswhere just like that. I do sympathise with your plight. Is the deadline of this weekend (the BSPA AGM) an immovable date?

In reply to your last question Plymouth consortium have been given an extension of a week to try to sort out a new agreement with ST Boniface College, Alex Harkess has been working his socks off trying to make it happen, main problem is actually getting the college to answer the phone or emails

Since I'm not actually in Plymouth right now can someone who is, kindly bash on the door on Monday morning to ensure these beggers talk!

• Like 1

In reply to your last question Plymouth consortium have been given an extension of a week to try to sort out a new agreement with ST Boniface College, Alex Harkess has been working his socks off trying to make it happen, main problem is actually getting the college to answer the phone or emails

You sure he isn't phoning Plymouth City Council Godfrey, not answering the phone sounds like them, not sure if the College was shut yesterday with the Police elections going on.