British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2012

Ben91

Don't matter if Andy or Len Does read this site won't make any difference Len will go for the cheapest like replacing Frampton with Morley and keeping the rest as they are.

I'll just say this about Len. If he is so tight, as some of you suggest, why is it that so many riders don't want to leave the club? He must be doing something right.

I cannot see any point in 'putting' teams together before the conference. In fact, some of the daft line-ups suggested are beyond belief.

The likelyhood that the points limit will be 42.5 again is high as it has worked for the 3 years it has been in force, so speculation is no bad thing.

What hurt us last year was declaring before we knew the rules on EL riders average conversion, Glasgow held out and used it to good effect with Pijper, whilst Newcastle got Robbo on a bargain average. If we announce any more signings before the AGM I will be disappointed though, unless they are mind blowingly good signings.

Hoddesdon Mercury Twitter has confirmed that Neath, Nelson and Bowen all signed for the Rockets for 2012.

Not a bad start to team building, as long as Bowen and Nelson start at reserve. No Paul Hurry please either!

Thats me finished then.

I'll just say this about Len. If he is so tight, as some of you suggest, why is it that so many riders don't want to leave the club? He must be doing something right.

It could be one of two things...

a) The fish and chips

or

2) Nobody else wants them.

Hoddesdon Mercury Twitter has confirmed that Neath, Nelson and Bowen all signed for the Rockets for 2012.

Not a bad start to team building, as long as Bowen and Nelson start at reserve. No Paul Hurry please either!

Quote "In an all English (except Nelson) team"!

Bang goes any thoughts of Bunyan (Kiwi) then!

Edited by hooversquash

Jason Bunyan was born in milton keynes

Indeed - but perhaps they've moved it without telling anybody! :wink:

Maybe its because the chances of being dropped if they lose form for a few months of the season is next to nil. :rolleyes:

I think if Mark Courtney was still riding and not retired he would still be in the team now. :rofl:

:drink: Or even;

Neath

Hawkins

Auty

Bridger

Frampton

Nelson

Bowen

no.8 Richardsson

well we can all guess and hope/wish

Lets be really silly bryn will buy me and drink and Charlton will make the Champions League!! ok thats really silly, bryn wont get me a drink! :drink:

The reason i said that Len was tight is that i want to see Rye challenging for honours next season that means getting better riders who want more money.But Len won't pay if other posts are to be believed then we have lost out on Josh Auty cos Len won't pay him what he wants.Lets wait and see but i think mid table again and no silverware again.Id willingly pay more entrance fee if it meant we had a team who had a chance of winning something.Not a bunch of guys that no other team wants.

The reason i said that Len was tight is that i want to see Rye challenging for honours next season that means getting better riders who want more money.But Len won't pay if other posts are to be believed then we have lost out on Josh Auty cos Len won't pay him what he wants.Lets wait and see but i think mid table again and no silverware again.Id willingly pay more entrance fee if it meant we had a team who had a chance of winning something.Not a bunch of guys that no other team wants.

I think the prices are too high at the moment, has put alot of fans of this season. Put the prices up again and he will lose more fans winning team or not.

The prices are already the highest in the league. He has built sides on the cheap for the last four seasons now and the fans have had enough and aren't putting up with it anymore.

To expect to pay more is ludicrous.

The all "British" side comment doesn't bode well. Can't see too many decent Brits he would be willing to pay for, so you're probably looking at a team along the likes of Neath, Bowen, Nelson, Morley, Hawkins, Boxall & another localish rider who will be cheap.

Have said before that if Silver doesn't spend this close season and put a top side out, then Rye will be on the brink as a PL club.

Glasgow were the second team to declare last season and Pijper wasn't an EL dropout, his average was low after a brief spell with Mildenhall. Didn't do them any harm!!

Ipswich showed that signing EL riders doesn't guarantee anything.

Rye always seem to do better than the team looks on paper so an improvement from Nelson might be the catalyst like it was with Morris at Glasgow

Interested to read the rumours of Rye signing Bridger. Surely if he is signed on a huge average it will be very difficult for Uncle Len to build a team which is the required 4 points below the limit, in line with his team building of the last few seasons?

Edited by JC!