British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2012

Ben91

Let's be honest here.

Since when has Frampton ever looked happy?

He must be the most miserable looking Speedway rider I've ever seen.

At least last season he had a cool beard. This year he doesn't even have that.

Saw him smile once, but couldn't whip my camera out in time to record this historic event. He was never a favourite at Rye House. We thought we were signing Robbo's replacement when he arrived, but he turned out to be infuriatingly inconsistant with some poor away scores, culminating in last weekends miserable 8 point haul at Workington & Glasgow. Even at Somerset, where we thought he'd be our trump card, he was a let down.

Saw him smile once, but couldn't whip my camera out in time to record this historic event. He was never a favourite at Rye House. We thought we were signing Robbo's replacement when he arrived, but he turned out to be infuriatingly inconsistant with some poor away scores, culminating in last weekends miserable 8 point haul at Workington & Glasgow. Even at Somerset, where we thought he'd be our trump card, he was a let down.

Perhaps riders get demoralised if or when they read posts like this on forums. It is not just here it happens. Similar is meated out on the Lakeside forum and Ipswich threads. The worst I have seen recently was on a Redcar thread where the vitriol against one rider, Justin Sedgmen, was about as bad as it gets.

Every time a rider goes to the tapes he must have the thought that this could be the last ride. Does Jordan, for example, see what has happened to Chris, Luke and, tragically, Lee Richardson then decide the potential cost doesn't match the meagre reward.

Perhaps riders get demoralised if or when they read posts like this on forums. It is not just here it happens. Similar is meated out on the Lakeside forum and Ipswich threads. The worst I have seen recently was on a Redcar thread where the vitriol against one rider, Justin Sedgmen, was about as bad as it gets.

Every time a rider goes to the tapes he must have the thought that this could be the last ride. Does Jordan, for example, see what has happened to Chris, Luke and, tragically, Lee Richardson then decide the potential cost doesn't match the meagre reward.

Would it be possible to exaggerate any more? Probably not.

Every time a rider goes to the tapes he must have the thought that this could be the last ride. Does Jordan, for example, see what has happened to Chris, Luke and, tragically, Lee Richardson then decide the potential cost doesn't match the Wmeagre reward.

Are you seriously saying that he read a few posts on here criticising some of his recent performances and thought enoughs enough?

I think Rye House fans have been pretty tolerant compared to supporters of other sides and their underperforming riders. .

If that's all it takes to make him quit then he's in the wrong business. Perhaps Jordan is just fed up and needs a break.

Odds on he'll be lining up for another side somewhere in the Premier League at the start of next season.

Edited by Shadders

It's possible, but the majority of riders don't read forums like these, not condoning the redcar stuff but if Sedgeman actually put some effort in from time to time for Redcar it might have not been so bad.

Maybe Rye will end up taking Ricky for the rest of the season?

Isn't there a rule that an EL side can have a max 4 d/u riders? Poole already have 4 I've read somewhere.

If it was just as a guest then the 8 day rule would apply.

Of course Poole could release him.

Having seen a bit of Ricky when he rode for us and for Eastbourne and Poole over the past seasons. If he makes the gate he will do well if he misses it he wont pass anyone.

He reminds me of that other Rockets/Hammers legend Mikael Turnberg. I reckon Kling will get double figures in all 3 matches for you Shads.

Having seen a bit of Ricky when he rode for us and for Eastbourne and Poole over the past seasons. If he makes the gate he will do well if he misses it he wont pass anyone.

He reminds me of that other Rockets/Hammers legend Mikael Turnberg. I reckon Kling will get double figures in all 3 matches for you Shads.

I'd take that at the moment, gladly

Edited by Shadders

The way I see it, we now have two choices.

A) Bring in two established riders, the best I can come up with off the top of my head being Kling and Travis McGowan. Tomas Topinka is an option, not sure if he's still riding though, would be brilliant for team spirit though.

B ) Bring in two new assessed riders to get them averages, with the Swedish connections we have we could uncover a couple of new Sundstroms with any luck, they'd start next season on lower averages probably and that'd be to our benefit. Anton Rosen looks like a fantastic prospect and is only 20.

In my opinion there's no point making one established signing and one new rider, if we do we won't be in the hunt for the play-offs so we may as well blood two new riders.

Edited by RocketBen1

It saddens me that the retirement of Jordan Frampton hasn't produced one positive comment about him from so called 'supporters' of Rye House. People slag riders off and then have a go at perceived disloyalty at the timing of him quitting. Hypocrtical or what? And in any event speedway riding is no place for anyone who's heart isn't in it.

I am sorry that Jordan has quit. I have always enjoyed watching him race - an exciting style and an entertaining rider. I was delighted when he joined Rye House - it was he that approached Len Silver about joining the Rockets. It’s a shame that his career hasn't kicked on as hoped. For sure he is a better rider than we have seen this season.

I thank Jordan Frampton for the entertainment he has provided hope that as has already been suggested, a break from the sport might see him refreshed and ready to race next season, with or without a Rye House race jacket. Personally, I'd welcome him back.

• Like 3

It saddens me that the retirement of Jordan Frampton hasn't produced one positive comment about him from so called 'supporters' of Rye House. People slag riders off and then have a go at perceived disloyalty at the timing of him quitting. Hypocrtical or what?

How would you feel if I told you he'd been touting himself around to other teams a couple of weeks ago?

• Like 1