British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2012

Ben91

I don't agree about keeping Luke Bowen. Even if he starts the season at reserve and does well he will move up into the main body of team. I know this will be unpopular but I am not a fan of his. He does not score well away from home.

That was my point, if signed with a view to being our second reserve, Luke could potentially spend time in the second string early doors, but once averages kick in, hopefully he would be our 7th averaged rider. If we go with Morley, Garrity or another 3 pointer then I don't believe we should retain him. However if we don't then I can see Luke having a good season as our number 7 because he will score shed loads at home. We can't carry 2 riders away, most teams will carry one reserve, we can't carry Luke and a 3 pointer.

I agree although im not sure Morley is far away from being ready based upon his end of season form.

Bunyan is on a bananas average. How come it is so low. Mind you whilst he will be great away his form at Rye is never good. Lee Smart might be a good shout too. Such an exciting style and apart from his last visit he normally rides Rye well.

I think we need a powerful top three. Neath , Auty, Howell, lanham, Doyle - any combination of those with Nelson and boxall and luke and another.

I agree although im not sure Morley is far away from being ready based upon his end of season form.

Bunyan is on a bananas average. How come it is so low. Mind you whilst he will be great away his form at Rye is never good. Lee Smart might be a good shout too. Such an exciting style and apart from his last visit he normally rides Rye well.

I think we need a powerful top three. Neath , Auty, Howell, lanham, Doyle - any combination of those with Nelson and boxall and luke and another.

Heard from a reliable source at Plymouth that Bunyan got stitched up by the Promoter, with a 4.74cma he can now double up in 2012, which was his aim, living near Milton Keynes, Rye would be very local for him.

Neath 8.22

Auty 7.85

Kildemand 6.94

Sitera 5.15

Bowen 4.85

Nelson 4.76

Bunyan 4.63

Total: 42.40

or:

Neath 8.22

Auty 7.85

Frampton 7.47

Wells 6.01

Nelson 4.76

Bunyan 4.63

Garrity 3.49

Total: 42.43

Both would do a job, first team would benefit from Nelson starting at reserve, second side is stronger up top though and the reserves are still quality.

Thet are both great shouts. I like the second one especially. Ben what average would Ludvig Lingren be on?

He was in my thinking when putting these couple of sides together, think he is on a 5.62 off he top of my head, could maybe go with him and Wells instead of Kildemand and Bowen in the first side, would have a little more strength in depth.

Neath 8.22

Auty 7.85

Kildemand 6.94

Sitera 5.15

Bowen 4.85

Nelson 4.76

Bunyan 4.63

Total: 42.40

or:

Neath 8.22

Auty 7.85

Frampton 7.47

Wells 6.01

Nelson 4.76

Bunyan 4.63

Garrity 3.49

Total: 42.43

Both would do a job, first team would benefit from Nelson starting at reserve, second side is stronger up top though and the reserves are still quality.

To be honest the only rider from the current team I would keep is Nelson.

Neath has had a great year but can he improve on that next year? For some reason I doubt that which means you have to rely on him maintaining that average.

I will stick my neck out and say that four of the seven next year will be Neath, Boxall, Bowen and Nelson.

I still think the above will be four of Lens seven for next year, and I also now think you could add young Mr Morley to them as well.

Mind you if Len sticks to his normal form the 2012 team is proberly all signed, sealed done and dusted and should be announced by Christmas. (at the latest)

On a seperate issue Luke has been on Len`s / Rye house books for so long now he must be due a testimonial soon. :rolleyes:

Edited by tonyd

He wasn't the first and probably wont be the last!

Reckon this is somewhere near the truth, cracked three ribs in first meeting of season, carried on riding, shoulder injury at berwick, carried on riding, damaged knee ligament at Newcastle, ended season in July, had final keyhole surgery yesterday on his knee, leaving for NZ next week, looking to ride PL and doulble up EL next year. About £4,000